Coaching Changes in NE Tenn

hoodwinked

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait and see i do know he applied for the HV job.CJ is staying at SH @ Patrick is going with him.I hate to lose him. John gets his degree in June if i was SH i would find him a teaching job.

I'm not saying you're not right, I've actually heard that too. Just think that would be hard.

Are we talking about the boys opening because I did not know the girls was open?

Boys John is not going to coach girls If im any coach id take the Eliz job .The HV job will take awhile to get bulit back up it took Charlie to long to retire. He still coached like the 60s

Boys John is not going to coach girls If im any coach id take the Eliz job .The HV job will take awhile to get bulit back up it took Charlie to long to retire. He still coached like the 60s

Good point. Why wouldn't he go after Betsy given they have good talent coming up and it pays better than the county?

• 4 weeks later...

Well. OK. So who is going to be the coach at Cloudland, Unicoi, and HV Boys? Is there any other openings popping up. Why did Epperson leave Unicoi? Thought things were good over there.

Check the knoxnews.com story. I heard it was because it was a decision based on making more money so his wife could stay home and move them back closer to family.

My top 5 would be.

1.Coach Smitty-In House,Very well known in the community has had alot of success being an assistant with the boys under John English

2.Todd Whittemore-Johnson County head coach,has probably got more out of his team based on their talent than any coach in the conference.He's a really good players coach with alot of patience.

3.Kenneth Chambers-Former Unaka head Coach,Assistant at Cloudland for 2 years,Very good knowledge about the game and he know's how to win in big games.

4.James Buchannan-Head coach at North Greene,Applied for last years position and has a real good resume with what he has done at North Greene.

5.Jordan Simmons-In House,Assistant girls coach this year,did a good job with the middle school boys program 2 years ago and has great knowledge about the game.

Edited by countrycat1972