Tennessee East Vs. West All Star Game

After Lake County lost in the first round, we turned our eyes to the All Star game played on Saturday morning in Murfreesboro. I had the privilege of watching these girls practice on Friday Night and then play on Saturday. Alot of talent on the floor. Was there with TeTe Flowers and Carnation Hart from our Lady Falcon team and both players had great games. I though TeTe was the most commanding player on the court and had about 16 points, 5 Rebs, at least 6 assists, probably 3 steals and a blocked shot. She should have had more points as she blew past the defense but didn't finish 2 or 3 times. Still very impressive performance with a few scouts in the stands. Carnation had about 10 points and a bunch of REBS. West won the game 77-70. Here is the roster from the game:

WEST ALL STARS

Destiny James Bartlett High School

TeTe Flowers Lake County High School

Kelsey Risner Wayne County High School

Lauren Douglass Briarcrest Christian School

Tarocka Brown Bolivar Central

Blake Jenkins Kenwood High School

Lauren Maki Clarksville Academy

Carnation Hart Lake County High School

Alex Meadows DeKalb County High School

Jackilann Street Bradford High School

Dakota Doss Briarcrest Christian School

EAST ALL STARS

Chelsey Hall Blackman High School

Chaddaryl Clay Girls Prep School

Melanie Barker Sequatchie County High School

Allison Jones Morristown West High School

Kara Summers Oak Ridge High School

Haley Coffelt Grundy County High School

Kortnay Cox Blackman High School

Miranda Maples Maryville High School

Cheyenne North Station Camp

Bre Hall Fulton High School

Taylor Peterson Wilson Central High School

Calamity Jane Coley Macon County High School

TT's defense also forced Chaddaryl Clay from GPS into a few tough situations as well as she was handling the ball. TT, in my opinion, was the fastest player on the court with the ball in her hands. She played well as did Carnation. It'd be pretty cool to see that whole Lake Co. crew at Bethel. I know Coach Nelson is big on TT, Carnation, and Shamone. Those 3 could have outstanding careers at Bethel!

TT's defense also forced Chaddaryl Clay from GPS into a few tough situations as well as she was handling the ball. TT, in my opinion, was the fastest player on the court with the ball in her hands. She played well as did Carnation. It'd be pretty cool to see that whole Lake Co. crew at Bethel. I know Coach Nelson is big on TT, Carnation, and Shamone. Those 3 could have outstanding careers at Bethel!

I told Coach Nelson we were going to buy season tickets next year. If he signs Shamone and Tiana like we think it will be fun to watch them all together again in two years. Still not sure where TeTe is going to end up although we talked about it a little bit this weekend. She's a smart kid and will make the best decision for her. Anyway enjoyed the All Star Game and although I just mentioned our kids, there were alot of really good players on the court. How bout Bre Hall lighting it up from three point range? lol

I sat with Coach Nelson yesterday during first half of the game. TT could be an NAIA All-American if she goes to Bethel. tiger, you guys have had bad luck over these past few years at state. Maybe, you guys will be able to make another run on the guys side again this year! Good luck to you guys this week and have fun up there!

I sat with Coach Nelson yesterday during first half of the game. TT could be an NAIA All-American if she goes to Bethel. tiger, you guys have had bad luck over these past few years at state. Maybe, you guys will be able to make another run on the guys side again this year! Good luck to you guys this week and have fun up there!

Thanks Pioneer it has been a good run. I think our girls will give UC a run for their money in 14A next year. Pearson, Gray, and Yancy are a pretty good base. I think Tiana has become a huge scoring threat and Yancy has had alot of experience at the point of late. They will be fun to watch anyway.

What jumps out at me is the fact that there were so many 1A schools represented on the west squad,and they won against the ladies from the east in the higher classifications.

Trader they did really well to. TeTe and Kelsey Risner both started and were in the same rotation and then Jacki Street and Carnation came in and played well. Street was pretty impressive and had several assists.

Final Score: West 77, East 70 (Half-Time Score: 35-24 West)

West:

Blake Jenkins (Kenwood) 13

Lauren Douglass (Briarcrest) 13

T.T. Flowers (Lake Co.) 11

Carnation Hart (Lake Co.) 10

Tarocka Brown (Bolivar) 8

Destiny James (Bartlett) 8

Jackilann Street (Bradford) 5

Lauren Maki (Clarksville Academy) 4

Kelsey Risner (Wayne Co.) 3

Dakota Doss (Briarcrest) 2

Alex Meadows (Dekalb Co.) 0