A Girls Basketball: Who will be back to the "Boro?"

UCTdoes

I think Cloudland will be back. They return their scoring nucleus in Clarke, Wilson, and Rhodes. I think they will get even better with work. A lot will depend on the lander bench stepping into the roles the seniors played. The seniors were not our biggest offensive threats but they did big things like taking care of the ball and defending. It will be a big challenge because district 1 will be much improved next year.

My guess is that you will see Cloudland back in the 'Boro. Point guard Courtney Clarke and post Courtney Wilson will be seasoned juniors and Brooke Rhodes will be a senior. They will need to blend in two more starters and develop a couple of bench players, but they have talent on hand. They should be on a mission now and will return physically stronger, more skilled, mentally tougher, and completely focused on a gold ball.

Jackson County and Clay County will both have a hard time making it back. Jackson having the better chance of the two though. Losing Roach and Cooper will impact CC more than losing Warden will for JC. Gonna be hard for both teams but not impossible.

Actually, might be a little more realistic for a return than you would think, especially Jackson County. Make it out of the Region and the substate is weak. District 8A is also weak. so just make it out of the district and your in good shape. JC returns a good portion of their team, only losing two very good guards, which will have to be replaced, but I think that JC will be back at state next year. :flower:

Jackson County and Clay County will both have a hard time making it back. Jackson having the better chance of the two though. Losing Roach and Cooper will impact CC more than losing Warden will for JC. Gonna be hard for both teams but not impossible.

I'd say Jackson County is the favorite to win the gold ball next season. They had a rough state tourney but they were the best team in the state the rest of the season. There is still plenty of talent there and JC always reloads.

I'd say Jackson County is the favorite to win the gold ball next season. They had a rough state tourney but they were the best team in the state the rest of the season. There is still plenty of talent there and JC always reloads.

tHE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE FOR ALL THE SEASON WAS LAKE CO.Lake Co lost but didnt lose by 21 points

tHE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE FOR ALL THE SEASON WAS LAKE CO.Lake Co lost but didnt lose by 21 points

Actually the best team all season is the team who is carrying gold at the end of the season.

JC and Clarkrange will be te top dogs in 7a next year and should be the teams to be in the state tournament. Jackson County loses only 2 seniors and they always fill lost positions so well. It would not suprise me one bit to see them as state champions! When will everyone learn that a 7a team is always one of the favorites :thumb:

You have a real hang up on that final score, why can't you just let it go. Your team had a great year, they just don't know how to win when it counts. JC made it farther, it just drives you crazy. (And here comes the blah blah blah, easier bracket blah) But as I remember JC had to beat YOUR region champs to get to the finals. So I say JC is better than the best in your region. :roflol:

Edited by bob77
  • Upvote 1

You have a real hang up on that final score, why can't you just let it go. Your team had a great year, they just don't know how to win when it counts. JC made it farther, it just drives you crazy. (And her comes the blah blah blah, easier bracket blah) But as I remember JC had to beat YOUR region champs to get to the finals. So I say JC is better than the best in your region. :roflol:

They had to beat 2 region champions, UC beat Lake County and Loretto beat Summertown. If everyone is worried about what brackett who was in, then Summertown and Lake County should have won their region championship.

Edited by swanson71

They had to beat 2 region champions, UC beat Lake County and Loretto beat Summertown. If everyone is worried about what brackett who was in, then Summertown and Lake County should have won their region championship.

Good point Swanson, JC beat Lake Co's region champ and Summertown's region champ to get to the finals. So it looks like to me you got the easy bracket.