CPA vs Stone Memorial

coach77

I was more impressed with Cole than with any other kid I watched in the tourney. He doesn't have the physical ability either Lindsey or Bradshaw, but just gets it done. Great footwork, and smart heady play goes a long way IMHO. All three are deserving, but he certainly made his case, and out shined both.

Okay, the Stone Memorial coach must have read your post. They had a solid game plan. They tried to make it half court game. They stuck their best perimeter defender on Allsmiller and didn't leave him. They doubled Lindsey down low, and played off Bradshaw taking away his dribble penetration in the 1st half and daring him to shoot 3's. They also left Bonds unguarded at the 3 point line.

Bradshaw going 4 of 8 from the 3 point line mostly in the 1st half was huge. CPA also made some adjustment towards the end of the 1st quarter. They put Brown on Cole in the 2nd half and that combined with the relentess pressure began to wear SM down. Once CPA had a double digit lead that forced SM to gamble more on defense which played to CPA's strengths and allowed for some transition baskets. CPA made enough FT's to put it away. They also took away the 3 point game from SM in the 2nd half with more pressure up high with Robert Brown putting more pressure on 50 at high and low post. SM's 3's didn't fall for them as much in the 2nd half.

It's a pick your poison with CPA. You take away one thing they kill you with another. Wharton's dribble pentration moves were huge once SM was forced to play man and play defense further away from the basket than they wanted to play.

All that said...SM is a great team and very well coached. They deserved to be final four for sure. They don't have a front court with huge guys, but the ones they have are very good in Cole and Dishman. Their back court guys are quick and are great shooters. Solid team for sure. It's no surprise they made it this far.

Should be another good game tomorrow. Mitchell sounds like they have ferocious defense and will try to guard everyone tightly. That has backfired for most teams trying to guard CPA full court. East Lit had the athletes to hang with CPA defensively and did this well but they were one of the few that could do it.

Does Mitchell play a similar pressing style to East Lit for those that have seen them? I did not get to see the early game.

He must not have read it correctly- or i wasn't very clear- make Bradshaw shoot the jumper but NOT with his feet set! He was squared up and that is why he hit 4 treys in the 1st half. Bonds look shocked he hit the treys just like Maddox did. They did a great job on Lindsey like I suggested but they did not lay of Wharton- his drives hurt them ( and his cherry picking). He also didn't try to 2-2-1 to slow down the transition either but hey that is life. You have to admit though- Maddox is very dramatic(different than passionate)dramatic! Just a hint for Bradshaw, as one who has observed a few Belmont practices- he might want to try to stay lower and stronger rather than getting knocked to the floor so easily expecting a call- seen Coach Byrd rip a few players for doing that.

Classy of you to congratulate CPA for beating your team (that can't be guarded) by 18.

And classy for whining about recruiting instead of giving the CPA athletes and coaches any credit for a good game.

And classy for criticizing Maddux and Bradshaw for whining while your player takes a swing and gets a technical.

Please cheer for the West. We don't need your support.

Swing & tech? I just watched the video again & Bonds shoved 1st & got a shove back. Stopped alot of Stones momentum! Must have gotten into uncles HGH :angry: Wharton should have gotten a tech for kneeing Rowan in the jewels about 3plays b4 that one. Watch the video! Wharton mouthed the whole spring hill game, I changed my mind, im for mitchel!

Swing & tech? I just watched the video again & Bonds shoved 1st & got a shove back. Stopped alot of Stones momentum! Must have gotten into uncles HGH :angry: Wharton should have gotten a tech for kneeing Rowan in the jewels about 3plays b4 that one. Watch the video! Wharton mouthed the whole spring hill game, I changed my mind, im for mitchel!

Don't have to watch it again. I was there, and saw the swing ,so did the officials and there was a tech. Didn't see the shove, but if there was one, a shove is a foul, not a tech, and the refs missed it along with probably a dozen other fouls in the game. Did you see any shoves during the last 4 minutes when Stone was fouling every 15 seconds to stop the clock?

I feel a lot better about today now that you are for Mitchell.

I'll be there pulling for my team who is still playing.

Don't have to watch it again. I was there, and saw the swing ,so did the officials and there was a tech. Didn't see the shove, but if there was one, a shove is a foul, not a tech, and the refs missed it along with probably a dozen other fouls in the game. Did you see any shoves during the last 4 minutes when Stone was fouling every 15 seconds to stop the clock?

I feel a lot better about today now that you are for Mitchell.

I'll be there pulling for my team who is still playing.

Thing is if Cpa does win a championship, it will be like BARRY BONDS hitting homeruns! You can buy championships/Homeruns but they will never get the respect a real team that earns a championship:mrgreen:

Thing is if Cpa does win a championship, it will be like BARRY BONDS hitting homeruns! You can buy championships/Homeruns but they will never get the respect a real team that earns a championship:mrgreen:

Where did you ever get the idea that anyone cares about respect from people like you who make false accusations based on half truths, criticize teenage kids who work their butts off to compete, and whine about how unfair everything is when you lose? I can guarantee you no one at CPA wakes up every morning worrying about getting respect from people like you who are haters and don't deserve respect themselves.

Where did you ever get the idea that anyone cares about respect from people like you who make false accusations based on half truths, criticize teenage kids who work their butts off to compete, and whine about how unfair everything is when you lose? I can guarantee you no one at CPA wakes up every morning worrying about getting respect from people like you who are haters and don't deserve respect themselves.

There were many kids on many teams who 'worked their butts off'. Thankfully, most of their coaches and schools chose to not take advantage of weak T$$AA rules that allow teams to recruit without actually breaking the rules as the T$$AA enforces them. If people associated with a good Christian school are happy with how they obtained their championship, more power to them. Congrats on your championship. Sleep well. Wake up without careing who respects you. I'll sleep well, even without the respect of great Christians such as you!

There were many kids on many teams who 'worked their butts off'. Thankfully, most of their coaches and schools chose to not take advantage of weak T$$AA rules that allow teams to recruit without actually breaking the rules as the T$$AA enforces them. If people associated with a good Christian school are happy with how they obtained their championship, more power to them. Congrats on your championship. Sleep well. Wake up without careing who respects you. I'll sleep well, even without the respect of great Christians such as you!

You've got to be kidding! The TSSAA makes the rules, not CPA. Everyone "takes advantage of them", for example, large schools love the multiplier rules against privates. You haters are never happy. When you have no proof we break the rules, you say we are wrong to follow them.

I sleep very well because we are a rule abiding team that has an official state championship according to the rules set by the TSSAA board (which by the way is almost exclusively made up of public school folks). I do care about who respects me if they are people who also deserve respect, which you slanderers don't. And I never called myself a great Christian. That is an issue i don't have to answer to you for.