Casey Clausen

Tennessean Article Friday 10/18/02

''I think most definitely if I'd played in that game, we would have won by at least a couple of touchdowns,'' said Clausen. ''I could've played on one arm and we probably could have definitely beat Georgia, but [the doctors] didn't want to risk it.''

I wonder if Alabama has this posted in their locker room! Why would anybody want to fuel that fire? This guy barely beat MTSU and couldn't handle the snap against FL. What makes him think he's so good?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Casey is full of it. Of course the offense would have been more productive, but Georgia would have probably had a different gameplan as well and exposed our suspect defense. Georgia saw we were limited, they got a lead and they then went into Johnny Majors mode. It could have been a different outcome, we will never know...I just hate seeing statements like this.

Posted by Duckbutterbandit:

Tennessean Article Friday 10/18/02

''I think most definitely if I'd played in that game, we would have won by at least a couple of touchdowns,'' said Clausen. ''I could've played on one arm and we probably could have definitely beat Georgia, but [the doctors] didn't want to risk it.''

I wonder if Alabama has this posted in their locker room! Why would anybody want to fuel that fire? This guy barely beat MTSU and couldn't handle the snap against FL. What makes him think he's so good?

This team has no chemistry at all. I hope CC & KW both go pro, or just leave period. Like I said, CC playing would have had nothing to do with special teams blunders and pitiful defense. And UT still hasn't found a running game, except from Banks, which you wouldn't have had with Clausen. Clausen is the only QB I've seen in D-1 that's less mobile than manning was.

Banks didn't do much of a running game...I think he had 35 yards rushing in that game.

I doubt Clausen will go pro, he really isn't that great, and one would probably say that...Grossman, Manning, Leftwich, Dorsey, Ragone, and a few other sleepers like Seneca Wallace, Zach Mills and maybe even David Greene are better prospects...I don't think he offers teams anything that is very desirable.

Now comes a Bama team that just whipped a top 25 team and has a lot less questions then UT.

It's too bad UT can't have atleast 2 QB's ready to play a football game. Clausen couldn't have been as good as the 2nd string QB, yet the coaches stayed with him the whole game. I think anybody could see he gave the game to Bama and gave it to them early. Are the coaches to blind to see he can't get the job done? If they would go ahead and play Banks or Leaks and get them experienced maybe they could salvage the season. If they stay with Clausen they might not win another game.

We as Vol fans are spoiled by success...period.

It wouldn't matter if Dan Marino or John Elway played QB for us, they wouldn't be able to get the job done in our opinion (which as everyone knows are like egos, everyone has one) and we'd want a back-up like a Mike Grien or Darryl Dickey to step in because we think he'll be better.

This is my opinion...Casey was good enough to win against 'Bama twice, he's good enough to win again next year. He was also good enough to whip Michigan and help direct a win in Gainesville (though T-Steve gets the biggest thanks for that win) and a comeback at Lexington when we should have lost. The kid is injured. Is he arrogant? Maybe, but I take it as the Californian in him. Kelley Washington is as arrogant if not more so and I think KW is one of the best recievers to set foot on campus. Imagine if he would stay for all 4 years.

Chalk it up to the injury bug. Our defense is obviously better off dealing with injuries the the offense is. Losing Ritzmann, Burnett and Simon should have put us all in panic mode.

Now here's my solution...we need a sacrificial lamb(s)...I say that Fulmer needs to give us Randy Sanders and Pat Washington. Rumor already has it that something like that is brewing anyway on Rocky Top.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 10-28-02 9:24P]

Posted by KevB1990:

We as Vol fans as spoiled by success...period.

It wouldn't matter if Dan Marino or John Elway played QB for us, they wouldn't be able to get the job done in our opinion (which as everyone knows are like egos, everyone has one) and we'd want a back-up like a Mike Grien or Darryl Dickey to step in because we think he'll be better.

This is my opinion...Casey was good enough to win against 'Bama twice, he's good enough to win again next year. He was also good enough to whip Michigan and help direct a win in Gainesville (though T-Steve gets the biggest thanks for that win) and a comeback at Lexington when we should have lost. The kid is injured. Is he arrogant? Maybe, but I take it as the Californian in him. Kelley Washington is as arrogant if not more so and I think KW is one of the best recievers to set foot on campus. Imagine if he would stay for all 4 years.

Chalk it up to the injury bug. Our defense is obviously better off dealing with injuries the the offense is. Losing Ritzmann, Burnett and Simon should have put us all in panic mode.

Now here's my solution...we need a sacrificial lamb(s)...I say that Fulmer needs to give us Randy Sanders and Pat Washington. Rumor already has it that something like that is brewing anyway on Rocky Top.

You hit the nail on the head I also think Kelley Washington is one of the best athletes to ever walk on The Hill in any sport. I also think Casey Clausen should be the Qb next year even though a lot of people think it should be J. Banks and it is time we got a new Offensive Coordinator Coach Sanders has got us a National Title but I think its time we got a young fun coach who would call fun imaginative plays that someone who the players would love and that someday might be the next headcoach like the way Coach Fulmer worked his way up.

[Edited by Sequatchie on 10-28-02 3:56P]