Mr TN Basketball AA

BigShow1

Just curious when the voting takes place and is it from sportswriters? This is what I have heard. And do most of those sports writers come from Middle TN?

Bradshaw is a great player and will enjoy another 4 years at the next level. He also has a teammate that is a top player in the nation and is on a great team. But so is Cole. The statistics do not compare. Cole averaged nearly 10 points more per game and like 7 more rebounds. He also played the toughest schedule. I'm just curious how this is all decided

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be kidding me.

Bradshaw is a complete player, not just a scorer. He can shoot, handle the ball, drive to the basket and finish, excellent athletic and jumping ability, and excellent peripheral vision which is why he leads his team in assists as well. He rebounds well, dives on the floor for loose balls and draws charges. Like I said, A COMPLETE PLAYER. He is also a straight A student and an excellent young man.

There is no one more deserving for this award than Craig Bradshaw.

Yes, the votes come from media and sports writers from all over the state (not just Middle ,TN). I’m sure Bradshaw getting MVP in the Arby’s classic helped his case. And you may want to look twice at the schedules; CPA played a much tougher schedule than Stone.

I’m very disappointed this thread was even started.

Eda

It is very sad and in very poor taste to criticize or question a very well deserved accomplishment by a teenager who has dedicated thousands of hours of hard work to get this award. Cole is a great player who had great stats. He didn't win and none of us voted. Congratulate Bradshaw, a fine young man, and show some class.

Usually the fans that are on message boards are the most passionate sports fans. Sports where competition and toughness are two of the most important characteristics. There is so much sensitivity here in this thread that was very complimentary of both players. I have no dog in the fight. I just looked at the statistics. Both teams played a tough schedule and I'd say being a private school and thus games like Christ School not counting towards the CoachT schedule did make a difference in the strength of schedule. But Stone has the number 1 schedule I think according to CoachT. Not perfect rating system but still a very tough schedule.

Cole was guarding Lindsey when he was not able to get many looks. He defends really well. I just said that statistically there was no comparison although all those things Bradshaw does well no doubt. But considering writers can't see all the games I just assumed stats would figure a lot. And Cole's statistically has numbers that are very very rare. As in player that is going to Kentucky that won the AAA Mr. Tn Basketball award rare.. That is all I was saying

Now please.. buckle your belt and stop being such a sissy and complaining about threads being negative or whatever.

Edited by BigShow1

Usually the fans that are on message boards are the most passionate sports fans. Sports where competition and toughness are two of the most important characteristics. There is so much sensitivity here in this thread that was very complimentary of both players. I have no dog in the fight. I just looked at the statistics. Both teams played a tough schedule and I'd say being a private school and thus games like Christ School not counting towards the CoachT schedule did make a difference in the strength of schedule. But Stone has the number 1 schedule I think according to CoachT. Not perfect rating system but still a very tough schedule.

Cole was guarding Lindsey when he was not able to get many looks. He defends really well. I just said that statistically there was no comparison although all those things Bradshaw does well no doubt. But considering writers can't see all the games I just assumed stats would figure a lot. And Cole's statistically has numbers that are very very rare. As in player that is going to Kentucky that won the AAA Mr. Tn Basketball award rare.. That is all I was saying

Now please.. buckle your belt and stop being such a sissy and complaining about threads being negative or whatever.

There was nothing wrong with your post or thread. What got me and others riled was Lyonheart's typical no-class post. The Mr. Basketball voting is before the tourney. Cole had a great tourney and year and was well deserved as a finalist. Tourney had no effect on vote. Since a lot of coaches don't see a lot of these players, I'm sure Bradshaw's preseason reputation, Belmont signing, Arby's tourney MVP all had an effect (right or not). Also, he does everything on the floor.

I was there today at the announcement and was glad to see Bradshaw win, but I would have stood and clapped just as hard for Cole if he had won.

You have got to be kidding me.

Bradshaw is a complete player, not just a scorer. He can shoot, handle the ball, drive to the basket and finish, excellent athletic and jumping ability, and excellent peripheral vision which is why he leads his team in assists as well. He rebounds well, dives on the floor for loose balls and draws charges. Like I said, A COMPLETE PLAYER. He is also a straight A student and an excellent young man.

There is no one more deserving for this award than Craig Bradshaw.

Yes, the votes come from media and sports writers from all over the state (not just Middle ,TN). I’m sure Bradshaw getting MVP in the Arby’s classic helped his case. And you may want to look twice at the schedules; CPA played a much tougher schedule than Stone.

I’m very disappointed this thread was even started.

Eda

[/quot

Would CPA be were there at today without Bradshaw? I think so. Without Lindsey? Don't think so. He might have deserved it but Lindsey is clearly the best player in 2a.

GREAT POST EVERYBODY ON HERE NEEDS TO QUIT BEING SO SOFT!!!! BRADSHAW IS THE BETTER PLAYER BUT I THOUGHT THAT MOST OF THE CONSIDERATION WENT ON STATS IN WHICH CASE YOU CANT HELP BUT THINK THAT COLE SHOULD'VE WON THIS AWARD. YOU CANT DENY STATS HE HAD 27 PTS IN THE SEMI AGAINST CPA. HE DESERVED IT!!!!

You Cpa fans crack me up! Maddux doesnt know what it feels like to be abandoned by the team star. Mercer didnt leave until after Greg went to Vandy. I would love to see Lindsey transfer to Oak Hil Academy, then see how all the Cpa faithful feel about recruiting! See how greenbriar fans feel!

You Cpa fans crack me up! Maddux doesnt know what it feels like to be abandoned by the team star. Mercer didnt leave until after Greg went to Vandy. I would love to see Lindsey transfer to Oak Hil Academy, then see how all the Cpa faithful feel about recruiting! See how greenbriar fans feel!

Sad