Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

Well this is odd. An exodus of coaches from the staff almost immediately before the head coach is fired. Even stranger is the fact that this occurred before what could have and probably would have been the best season for Springfield football in quite some time. The timing is off. This whole situation is off.

i am just throwing this out, is it possible the head coach is resigning to possibly take a position in administration or something else that was to good to turn down...they could never just say that in the paper...just a random thought

If that was the case then he would've resigned on his own terms. From what I heard, they fired him. I certainly wouldn't want that printed in the paper. He is remaining on the faculty, however. I would assume that will just be for the remainder of the school year though, but I'm not positive.

Well this is odd. An exodus of coaches from the staff almost immediately before the head coach is fired. Even stranger is the fact that this occurred before what could have and probably would have been the best season for Springfield football in quite some time. The timing is off. This whole situation is off.

Our school system is off and self-serving to certain groups in the county. Thats why industry and business have second thoughts on coming here. But thats ok , Electrolux is expanding , mega tobacco farms need workers and the Springfield schools will be flooded with non-speaking english students.This is the reality of what goes on here, the problem needs to be adressed, but as long as its not in my school district, it will never be corrected. The more things change , the more things stay the same in Robertson Co, except of course the tax rate and the self-serving interests of our folks trying to run our schools and government. This problem is much bigger than the firng of a football coach, but it is a spoke in the wheel thats sets our community back and stuck in a rut. When coach Meyers teams took the field I honestly thought we could compete on any given night.But as far as other aspects of the school system, the cronies get their way and our students suffer.

It appears that "the CoachChris" & "Footballfan15" are the same person. Am I missing something? They posted near the same time. Why would he post under 2 aliases? Oh well. Maybe we will find out what happened in Springfield soon. They have been really solid the last few years.

It appears that "the CoachChris" & "Footballfan15" are the same person. Am I missing something? They posted near the same time. Why would he post under 2 aliases? Oh well. Maybe we will find out what happened in Springfield soon. They have been really solid the last few years.

Well I think a few things could of happened in that situation. One the assitants could have all resigned because they wanted the head coach out and seperate themselves from the coach as to keep their job with the next staff. Secondly the head coach could have told his assistants so they could resign in protest. Thirdly they didnt get their way on something that was promised squealed about it and then resigned or knew they would be fired. TALENT exists in springfield and it looks like things were and are heading up. Sadly many times this seems to be the progression when the guy comes in builds the program up to where it is competetive and then moves on and the next guy is succesful due to the previous hard work.

Come on Mac, you know TheCoachChris is me Coach Christopher C. Southerland, and I was not fired. I choose to resign my position due to personal reasons and wanting to be closer to family and home. My life follows this path: God, Family, Work, and then the University of Kentucky. Working 50 minutes from my home has been tough on family the past 4 years, and my wife and I have choosen for me to come back home and work closer to what is most important in life behind God. That is my family! I love Springfield, but I love my family more!

Our school system is off and self-serving to certain groups in the county. Thats why industry and business have second thoughts on coming here. But thats ok , Electrolux is expanding , mega tobacco farms need workers and the Springfield schools will be flooded with non-speaking english students.This is the reality of what goes on here, the problem needs to be adressed, but as long as its not in my school district, it will never be corrected. The more things change , the more things stay the same in Robertson Co, except of course the tax rate and the self-serving interests of our folks trying to run our schools and government. This problem is much bigger than the firng of a football coach, but it is a spoke in the wheel thats sets our community back and stuck in a rut. When coach Meyers teams took the field I honestly thought we could compete on any given night.But as far as other aspects of the school system, the cronies get their way and our students suffer.

I gotta agree with everything you said Leon.Pathetic,Ignorant,and just plain stupid is what I consider most of the "cronies" you speak of.I hope the Jackets can find a good coach and rebound from this.

Come on Mac, you know TheCoachChris is me Coach Christopher C. Southerland, and I was not fired. I choose to resign my position due to personal reasons and wanting to be closer to family and home. My life follows this path: God, Family, Work, and then the University of Kentucky. Working 50 minutes from my home has been tough on family the past 4 years, and my wife and I have choosen for me to come back home and work closer to what is most important in life behind God. That is my family! I love Springfield, but I love my family more!

I don't blame you one bit.Springfield has a super rich tradition,and is loaded with athletes,but God and family must come first.

Where are you going to coach at Chris? I apologize if it's already been said in the thread.

I don't blame you one bit.Springfield has a super rich tradition,and is loaded with athletes,but God and family must come first.

Where are you going to coach at Chris? I apologize if it's already been said in the thread.

I have last interview with Clarksville Academy Monday, and the football head coach is my mentor and father figure. Todd Hood is someone I can learn under to advance myself in years to come. Feels like a good fit.

I have last interview with Clarksville Academy Monday, and the football head coach is my mentor and father figure. Todd Hood is someone I can learn under to advance myself in years to come. Feels like a good fit.

Me thinks there is much more to this story than meets the eye. Rumors suggest "money" issues.

Nevertheless, the Jackets should have known it was coming. Just a matter of time.

I just have a "odd feeling" that something has taken place that we are not supposed to know about. Myers is a good offensive football coach and will be a steal for any vacant opening however are there any GHOSTS IN HIS CLOSET that have yet to come to light? After what happened with Mac McCurry at Ripley, MS & Crockett County and then what happened to David Pack a few weeks ago nothing would surprise this poster.

I am not stating that "something happened" or that "he is guilty" by any means so I hope that nobody gets the wrong impression here..........I am just curious if something did take place that could have been frowned upon by those in charge in Robertson County.

I have had well documented problems with the whining that went on by the Springfield coaches after losing to Henry County but this is really strange. Coach Meyers and his staff did a good job there. Something is fishy about this one. Maybe things will come out to explain this.

Wow, is all I can muster up at this time, I am working nearly 70 hours a week lately and have been completely out of touch until looking for teaching/coaching positions on the robco site and noticed the head coaching vacancy at SHS. I kind of agree w/ RW here, this is really rather abrupt and unless the principal has some sort of personal agendas here, it really doesnt make any sense. Coach Meyers and staff have gotten this program back on track and this looked to be a good season. Also, consider the timing; spring practice is right around the corner, the off-season program is in full swing. Even if the coaches just found out, something has been in the works for awhile unless something just happened that nobody knows about.....

Good luck to all the departing coaches and thank you for the work you have done w/ our young men and good luck in the future. Something is going on here and I demand to know what it is!!!!!(not from anyone here, just saying).....

Edited by Kevin38