1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Wasn't able to make it to any games last night, any interesting news on district teams?

Also Heard some unsettling news last night, an OS player was sent by ambulance after the game? Anyone know what happened or how the player is doing?

She is doing great today just spoke to her dad this morning and he said she is doing really well and should be back in action this weekend or the first of next. Can't expand on the reason she was taken (not at Liberty) but she is fine and going to be back in a couple days.

She is having a great Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your concens and prayers.

Edited by Hopi

Good to heard the kid is going to be OK. Well, we have settled into the season....any surprises? Oneida played in a loaded Knoxville tournament this week. Almost pulled off a stunner against Livingstopn Acad. before losing in OT. Beat Central and also lost to a good Jefferson county team that hit a bunch of threes. Some good play from some kids at this tournament is going to give Coach West some depth....thought D.C. played very well. She works very hard and you can see why he throws her out there. What about everyone else?

Kaz

Most teams I've seen look about as expected. I think that Wartburg, O.S., and Oneida are the top three and right now I'd say O.S. is the best of the bunch. Oneida will be good and Wartburg has a really good starting 5 but they have no experience off the bench. From what I heard they wouldn't have lost their greenback game if they hadn't made several late game mistakes. I know they were up 6-8 points late after trailing by about 10 and lost, that's not usually what they do in close games.

So I'm going to make predictions for the top three

O.S. will go undefeated in the district reg season 12-0 (Looked really great only time I've seen them) Unlike Wartburg they O.S. looked like they were ready to win big now.

Oneida will lose 2 games in the district 10-2 (West has them looking like Oneida again and I think they have a slight edge on the Lady Dogs because of their post game)

Wartburg will finish from 7-9 district wins It looks like they are playing 6 or 7 underclassmen in their rotation and it will take time to become great again. Still 8-4 in district wouldn't be awful.

Before the faithful start fighting over me picking someone other than wartburg for the reg season just remember tournaments may be a different story. That has been our history around here lately. I just think from the game I've seen them play 32-29 Sweetwater they were sloppy.

Edited by bulldogplayermom

Very good observations B-Mom....the faithful won't jump your case if your accurate. OS is very solid but I believe they can lose on a night when another team is playing well. By that I mean they are not just going to show up in the gym and win games, Oneida and Wartburg both have suitable line-ups to rock the boat. Interesting to see how this thing unfolds.

Kaz

The Oneida Girls get their first dip of the district's triple threat coming up in the next couple of weeks. In order Oakdale, Wartburg, and then O.S. on the road. They simply have to take the two home games so they can hold serve against OS. I really not sure if getting a win on the road is paramount to our success, but it would be nice to steal one at their place. I think the Tepee will be loud for our opening game Friday.....we'll see.

Kaz

Oliver Springs traveled to Seymour last Saturday and looked very solid. I think Seymour ended up winning by 9, but O.S. is a very solid team. I think they would be more potent if they had an inside threat....also, they missed at least 20 free throws. If someone can get into a free throw battle with them then they have a chance.

The Lady Indians are still grinding through Coach West's intense practices. They are showing fair game progress.....meaning they have looked improved most nights. Oakdale be here tomorrow and heres hoping the improvement continues to show. I'm predicting a win....I think Oakdale lost too much from last year. Oneida has played pretty well at home so far.

:thumb: Kazatoorah :thumb:

Well that was a struggle to say the least.....however the Snow's usually turn ballgames ugly. That was rediculious that Oakdale only had one foul with three minutes left in the contest. Every time the ball touched a post it appeared the plan was to swarm inside and disrupt that player physically. Oneida has some really solid players....they just have to learn to function as a unit. Wartburg on tuesday isn't going to be any easier!!!! Hope it goes better.

Kaz

I think that oneida will win tuesday with wartburg but I don't think you will be able to read much into it. This appears to be a classic rebuilding situation in wartburg. I saw them early and they have already improved 100 percent from there. I think the game tuesday will be 45-38 Oneida but you will see that wartburg has the talent to really challenge at the end.

One thing the Lady Dogs don't seem to have any bench and that has to be fixed. The Snows look like number 3 to me right now. Again it's not christmas just yet

SuperD.....I'm not sure we have the perfect formula yet either! We are grinding out some wins and look completely lost at other times. You'll find we have plenty of talent too, but we just have to jell and start playing as a unit. Coach West is starting to make some progress with the kids...he isn't taking any crap and even threw them out of the locker room (theirs), trying to teach them about priviledges of being part of a team. It is a tough pill to swallow, but one they need. We can be lights out Tuesday or not all there......if we are the latter, you may get a win you don't expect.

Good to see your still around, buddy.

:thumb: Kazziteeto :thumb: