1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Wartburg is 16-2 but you have to remember some of those have been satellite games with jellico, they earned those games at home in the first round of Region and District so I don't know how you hold that against them. Goose would this be an issue if wartburg was finishing 4th every year?

This Wartburg program has done things the right way and always is competitive this time of year. No debate here they are the best program in the district in the last 6 years they have played for 5 4A championships and 4 substates, 4 regional championships, winning 3 in 4A, 2 Regions, and 2 Sub-states.

Can we just let these kids enjoy what they've been apart of and stop trying to say that the games being at wartburg is the only reason they are good. There is something special going on here and that should be seen as an accomplishment.

Edited by bulldogplayermom

I don't think anyone has said that Wartburg isn't good or that the only reason they are successful is that play most of their postseason games at home. I've said numerous times on here that I like Jason because he gets his teams to play hard and peak at the right time.

I also know that they did beat Jellico for one of their 17 wins during their postseason run over the past four years. They've also beat Oakdale twice and OS once in satellite games.

I just like to use facts during a discussion instead of just throwing stuff out there so I put the top five teams in District 4-A and their record at home, on the road, and a neutral site for their senior classes.

I'll admit that I was actually stunned to see that the home team is 28-4 over the past four years in postseason play.

In a perfect world, we could play the tournament year at a neutral site such as Roane State or Scott High, but our schools would lose money that way. I would also like to see the tournament rotated like it was for so many years. The only gyms I see that would have a problem with seating would be Coalfield and Oakdale.

I also wouldn't have a problem with the No. 1 seed hosting the tourney every year, which wouldn't be a problem since the boys and girls don't play on the same days anymore.

Heck, I'd even like to see the days return where the first rounds are played at one site instead of being satellited. I think most fans love those days when you could watch four games in one day.

Kazzy said that Wartburg didn't have enough athletes to pull this off but last night I thought they were the more athletic team. When you look at Carter, Phillips, and Hamby you see players that can do many things very well, throw in the size and strength of Laughter and you have a tough team for anyone to play. Looking back on the year I think Wartburg actually played below their ability in the first 2 games with the lady indians. I think wartburg should have won at least one of those and maybe both. They were the second best team on paper in the district see the poll on this thread. Many people thought they would win.

I didn't say anything about athletic ability......I said they weren't littered with talent. Meaning, I felt some of the other contenders for the championship were a little deeper than them. Their starting five is very good and when they listen to their coach they are quite the belles of the ball. Still, you can't ovewrlook their regular season body of work.....which is pretty much what I based my opinion of them on. They finished behind OS, Oneida, and Coalfield.......so my guess on how they would do wasn't way off. Heck, BPMom.......you even said yourself you expected Oliver Springs to beat them!!!

Interesting little study there by Goose. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing, because I think if your team is good enough....you can win in Timbuktu.....! Still shouldn't the teams that CAN host a tournament be allowed too? Don't say the coaches vote it that way.....Morgan County has 4 schools out of 7.....that constitutes a majority, right. Duh, that math must be really hard.

That incident with Stephens and #22 was avoidable.....the officials in that game let it get to that point. Wartburg never reached a 7th foul in either half....and the play was getting too rough not to get an "escalation" of emotions due to the importance of the game. If the game were called somewhat tighter when things were getting chippy....that deal would not have took place. Not thinking either player was smart there, but refs let it get to that point, IMO

Kazzzzzzz

I've heard bits and pieces about all of them except Tellico. If I'm not mistaken that was the team that ended our season last year. Maybe we can free up the vibes in our own gym. BD25, what did u think about last night? Would have been a good final if all that rubbish had not have gone on. Now our little guard deserved the "T" and even when you get that level of frustration you've got to keep it in check, but those two that were ejected would never have got to that point if the officials hadn't let the game get away from them. I know there is no place for fighting in a basketball court and those kids were wrong, but that crew did not call a solid game. If they did the attention wouldn't have been on them......because that is how it ended up feeling. Anyway, great game..... the Lady Bulldogs did good.....good luck with their next opponent!

Kazzy Khan

I thought that the game was going to be one of the most evenly matched finals our district has seen in terms of equal size, talent etc.. It was a great game. Oneida had our number for the majority of the game and really proved that they are on a championship level...as they have all season might I add. The night should have been a celebration of the accomplishments by both teams instead of a last second ending, we are all left handling paperwork and dealing with fallout from the ejections. That was a shame for both teams. Both kids are great competitors and just have to keep their heads up and learn from all this. I think you guys are going to meet this regional tournament ready to go, your coach will see to that, and I hope we can just keep surviving! Best of luck to Oneida moving forward!

Have u all played Harriman this year, Dave? I anticipate our girls refocusing on things they need to straighten up that stuff that went on the other night. They seemed to get rattled by the moment and they became reactive rather than weathering a rough patch. Obviously that gets you in trouble when you lose your head. That out of the way I look for us to bounce back on our home court Friday. Keep the blinders on and play basketball.

Kazzzzzz