LADY TIDE

jimmy chipwood

Michael Hart from Gibson County - you are getting a good one. I have worked with him in PE for the past 2 yrs. and watched his work with his team, and in 29 yrs. in high school sports, I believe he ranks right up there with the best in Tenn.

Sucks for Gibson Co. for sure! Peabody is getting a good coach and will definately be back as a competitor in 14A in years to come. Coach Hart won 20 games this year with an "ok" Gibson Co. team compared to the ones in years past. Gibson Co. is definately losing a good coach!

Sucks for Gibson Co. for sure! Peabody is getting a good coach and will definately be back as a competitor in 14A in years to come. Coach Hart won 20 games this year with an "ok" Gibson Co. team compared to the ones in years past. Gibson Co. is definately losing a good coach!

Seems a little surprising to leave one of the Mecca of basketball in West Tenn and go to Trenton.I know GC has to play Central and Dyersburg etc and supposedely Gibson Co is suppose to be loaed in up coming years and maybe even go to Single A.A little surprised at leaving GC gor Trenton.Same for what is being reported that Meridith Richardson leaving South Gibson to go to Bradford.Thought she was doing very well at South Gibson and was really getting the program going and enrollment expected to pick up.But being from Bradford and playing there,not really a shock.

Edited by mrbigster

Seems a little surprising to leave one of the Mecca of basketball in West Tenn and go to Trenton.I know GC has to play Central and Dyersburg etc and supposedely Gibson Co is suppose to be loaed in up coming years and maybe even go to Single A.A little surprised at leaving GC gor Trenton.Same for what is being reported that Meridith Richardson leaving South Gibson to go to Bradford.Thought she was doing very well at South Gibson and was really getting the program going and enrollment expected to pick up.But being from Bradford and playing there,not really a shock.

Gibson Co. has talent coming up, but it goes beyond coaching the players and having a good season. It's pretty ridiculous actually.

Really not much talent in the middle schools, not much coaching in the middle schools and not being allowed to change any of that was the reason for Coach Hart going to Trenton where he will be allowed to control all that.. Good luck to Coach Hart very smart decision on his behalf. Within 3 yrs Trenton will be contesting again in single A.

Actually, if you look at Gibson Co.'s feeder as a whole (Dyer, Rutherford, Spring Hill, Yorkville), there's enough talent there that can be developed into some good talent. The question is, will the next HS coach at Gibon Co. be able to develop that talent. We have Lannom's daughter that will be a Freshman next year that is going to be pretty stinkin good, also Ms. Venita's daughter over at Rutherford as well as a couple of others there from Rutherford that were eighth graders this year. I don't think it's enough talent to still be competitive at the AA level, but if Gibson drops to Single A and those girls keep playing in HS, Gibson Co. will still be competitive.