District 5 AAA

phishdad

What sets Walker Valley apart from everyone is how intense their pre-game fungo is. I believe it's Coach Shamblien .. Hope I spelled it write. He has got to be one of the best fungo hitters of all time. His placement is so perfect. His swing is smooth through the zone with very little head movement. He is a powerhouse bottom line. Best in Chattanooga . Bronx was this a good fiction story like yours? Hey man I tried.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i love about message boards is the pure unbiased opinion of the writer. I - although clearly biased to one team showed respect and NON-bias in my opinion trying to get a good conversation going. What I ended up with was some pissed parent who wants to make their team seem better than they really are....please.

George Koontz comment aside (lost 95% credibility) I only heard Bradley has a decent pitcher... Bobby Towne has 4 complete games and a 0.00 ERA for WV??? What is that? That's better than Ooltewah. WV top ten ranking, number 4 in Defense and yet all about the Owls. Who cares about signees unless they produce a championship... and they wont.

Ooltewah wasn't relevant last year and wont be again this year but keep quoting your Ward Gosset babel and making yourself feel better.

Your own coach was quoted saying and he said it best after a loss... “I feel this is the worst game that a team I’ve coached has played fundamentally,†Hitchcox said. “From walking guys, to hitting guys, to miscommunication on bunts, messing up first-and-thirds, passed balls, wild pitches, leadoff walks, missing a popup, messing up a first-and-third move, missing a cutoff man in a key situation.

“The kids will be over it in 10 minutes. They couldn’t care less. I probably won’t sleep for a week. That’s frustrating. They don’t have a concept of having just 35 games a season, 40 if you’re lucky in high school, and to show up and give an effort like that was pretty disappointing.â€

Hitchcox didn’t want to stop there.

“You would think they’d be a little more focused, excited and ready to play,†he said. “What I saw today was a lot of guys that acted tired and lethargic. There’s no excuse. They acted like they didn’t want to be here.â€

That sounds like a Coach that understands what the four D1 coaches have seen all along...Signing and playing = CONNECTION...now tell me how the corner outfielders were the ones to blame ~ BRONX!

Hey man, I was not trying to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else. I'm not a pissed off parent and have no kids playing for the Owls. I've been following the Owls as far back as Kyler Burke's big brother when the Owls went to the final four of the state....2000? Anyway, good luck to your son Bobby Towne....

Hey man, I was not trying to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else. I'm not a pissed off parent and have no kids playing for the Owls. I've been following the Owls as far back as Kyler Burke's big brother when the Owls went to the final four of the state....2000? Anyway, good luck to your son Bobby Towne....

I'm not Bobby's dad just giving a kid credit where its due on a local team that has been outstanding. 6 W's and 2 saves 0.00 ERA and all in district play pretty impressive. I am pretty sure this was how i said this season would shake out from my first post but interested to see what your thoughts are now.

I'm not Bobby's dad just giving a kid credit where its due on a local team that has been outstanding. 6 W's and 2 saves 0.00 ERA and all in district play pretty impressive. I am pretty sure this was how i said this season would shake out from my first post but interested to see what your thoughts are now.

Very disapointed in the Owls this year. Their pitching has been adequate but not outstanding. I was expecting Dupree to be a shutdown pitcher and he is not. The other kid that's allegedlly going to Tennessee Tech is just ok. The Owl infield is very good though not rangy in the middle. Their catching has been abysmal unless they move the ss to catcher. Their outfield, especially on the corners is single A level, at best. 1-6 in the batting order is solid but 7,8,9 is awful. Dupree gets pitched around because there is literally nobody begind him that can hit.

They have enough talent to get out of a weak district if they put it together, but past that, who knows?

• 3 weeks later...

Very disapointed in the Owls this year. Their pitching has been adequate but not outstanding. I was expecting Dupree to be a shutdown pitcher and he is not. The other kid that's allegedlly going to Tennessee Tech is just ok. The Owl infield is very good though not rangy in the middle. Their catching has been abysmal unless they move the ss to catcher. Their outfield, especially on the corners is single A level, at best. 1-6 in the batting order is solid but 7,8,9 is awful. Dupree gets pitched around because there is literally nobody begind him that can hit.

They have enough talent to get out of a weak district if they put it together, but past that, who knows?

Final pitching records for the 2 you reference: Dupree 5-4....Thompson 6-0 with 2 no decisions. Your right....the other kid (Thompson) is okay (understatement). You should actually see him in person instead of just judging by what someone has read. He doesn't have the required last name to get the respect he deserves. Fortunately for all these kids none of you will have any bearing on their present or future success. As for Bobby Towne, he's a good kid a good pitcher. Is his record truly representative...I think not but I don't think any less of him. Walker Valley was strong at the plate all year long and their run into the state tourney doesn't surprise me. Hats off to them for having a good year. ...and yes, my kid plays for the Cyclones and I'm very thankful for everything George Koontz and his organization does for the boys who aspire to play at the next level. Sure, it's expensive but the instruction is top notch and they give your kids a chance to perform in front of decision makers at the college level. There are numerous former Cyclones playing pro ball and in D1 programs; Kyler Burke, Mike Minor, Cory Gearrin, Zach Stephens, Garrett Baugh, Wes Hodges, Jeff Burke, and many more.....

All the comments in this thread have been a great laugh...almost as good as the one I'll get when I read the Best of Preps announcements shortly......

Final pitching records for the 2 you reference: Dupree 5-4....Thompson 6-0 with 2 no decisions. Your right....the other kid (Thompson) is okay (understatement). You should actually see him in person instead of just judging by what someone has read. He doesn't have the required last name to get the respect he deserves. Fortunately for all these kids none of you will have any bearing on their present or future success. As for Bobby Towne, he's a good kid a good pitcher. Is his record truly representative...I think not but I don't think any less of him. Walker Valley was strong at the plate all year long and their run into the state tourney doesn't surprise me. Hats off to them for having a good year. ...and yes, my kid plays for the Cyclones and I'm very thankful for everything George Koontz and his organization does for the boys who aspire to play at the next level. Sure, it's expensive but the instruction is top notch and they give your kids a chance to perform in front of decision makers at the college level. There are numerous former Cyclones playing pro ball and in D1 programs; Kyler Burke, Mike Minor, Cory Gearrin, Zach Stephens, Garrett Baugh, Wes Hodges, Jeff Burke, and many more.....

All the comments in this thread have been a great laugh...almost as good as the one I'll get when I read the Best of Preps announcements shortly......

Gave me a good laugh as well. Especially this post due to the fact it was a month late.

• 4 months later...

What i love about message boards is the pure unbiased opinion of the writer. I - although clearly biased to one team showed respect and NON-bias in my opinion trying to get a good conversation going. What I ended up with was some pissed parent who wants to make their team seem better than they really are....please.

George Koontz comment aside (lost 95% credibility) I only heard Bradley has a decent pitcher... Bobby Towne has 4 complete games and a 0.00 ERA for WV??? What is that? That's better than Ooltewah. WV top ten ranking, number 4 in Defense and yet all about the Owls. Who cares about signees unless they produce a championship... and they wont.

Ooltewah wasn't relevant last year and wont be again this year but keep quoting your Ward Gosset babel and making yourself feel better.

Your own coach was quoted saying and he said it best after a loss... “I feel this is the worst game that a team I’ve coached has played fundamentally,†Hitchcox said. “From walking guys, to hitting guys, to miscommunication on bunts, messing up first-and-thirds, passed balls, wild pitches, leadoff walks, missing a popup, messing up a first-and-third move, missing a cutoff man in a key situation.

“The kids will be over it in 10 minutes. They couldn’t care less. I probably won’t sleep for a week. That’s frustrating. They don’t have a concept of having just 35 games a season, 40 if you’re lucky in high school, and to show up and give an effort like that was pretty disappointing.â€

Hitchcox didn’t want to stop there.

“You would think they’d be a little more focused, excited and ready to play,†he said. “What I saw today was a lot of guys that acted tired and lethargic. There’s no excuse. They acted like they didn’t want to be here.â€

That sounds like a Coach that understands what the four D1 coaches have seen all along...Signing and playing = CONNECTION...now tell me how the corner outfielders were the ones to blame ~ BRONX!

so walker valleys in the top ten yet Ooltewah beat them 2/4 times. Coming as an experienced baseball player bobby towne is a average pitcher. There arent many kids in highschool that can hit a good fastball let alone a good changeup. Bobby had both so of course he would succeed against teams that are lucky to have .500 season

• 1 month later...

so walker valleys in the top ten yet Ooltewah beat them 2/4 times. Coming as an experienced baseball player bobby towne is a average pitcher. There arent many kids in highschool that can hit a good fastball let alone a good changeup. Bobby had both so of course he would succeed against teams that are lucky to have .500 season

For the record since the post above was extremely late to the conversation... as it played out Walker Valley finished 3rd in the state behind Bearden and champion Arlington.