Farragut tournament

haderade

Sounds like a good weekend at the Demarini Classic hosted by Farragut. Overall good competition. Some questions came around from a couple parents attending. Not all scores making it to the web-site and how teams seeded out of pools. One tells me Farragut was #1 seed, yet gave up more runs than D-B. What little I found on site, indicated same and Bearden (gave up 15) in but not Sevier Cty (6 runs). And for a matchup game, why put a 2-1 team vs. 0-3? Congrats to Dobyns-Bennett.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good weekend at the Demarini Classic hosted by Farragut. Overall good competition. Some questions came around from a couple parents attending. Not all scores making it to the web-site and how teams seeded out of pools. One tells me Farragut was #1 seed, yet gave up more runs than D-B. What little I found on site, indicated same and Bearden (gave up 15) in but not Sevier Cty (6 runs). And for a matchup game, why put a 2-1 team vs. 0-3? Congrats to Dobyns-Bennett.

The tourney had good talent, but the way it was ran was typical Farragut BS .... go over there play your pool games, forget the outcome, cause the rules will change in the middle of a game. Farragut has had great talent , but when it comes to a tourney, it's a dogs hind leg....

Maybe on the website the rules for determining ties is merely for determining who won a pool. not the seeding. I know that doesn't make any sense at all, but, like someone else said. It's Farragut. If theyre the host team, and they go undefeated in their pool they might as well be the #1 seed. It's not like it's a super duper official omg state tournament. I also doubt any other school wouldn't do the same. Anyways.

Maybe with the semifinals they didn't want to basically have 2 teams play district teams. They wanted them to play someone different. Thus Farragut vs. Science Hill and KDB vs. Bearden. That makes the most sense out of anything. Why travel to play in a tournament just to play teams you already forced to play at least twice. Why Bearden over Sevier Co. I dunno, that's a different issue I guess.

Another thing. I hate the whole pool play/tournament thing. especially with 5 pools and 4 semifinal slots. If you're going to do pools and a tournament world cup style.. Every pool winner should advance. not 4 out of 5. that just seems crazy.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Maybe on the website the rules for determining ties is merely for determining who won a pool. not the seeding. I know that doesn't make any sense at all, but, like someone else said. It's Farragut. If theyre the host team, and they go undefeated in their pool they might as well be the #1 seed. It's not like it's a super duper official omg state tournament. I also doubt any other school wouldn't do the same. Anyways.

Maybe with the semifinals they didn't want to basically have 2 teams play district teams. They wanted them to play someone different. Thus Farragut vs. Science Hill and KDB vs. Bearden. That makes the most sense out of anything. Why travel to play in a tournament just to play teams you already forced to play at least twice. Why Bearden over Sevier Co. I dunno, that's a different issue I guess.

Another thing. I hate the whole pool play/tournament thing. especially with 5 pools and 4 semifinal slots. If you're going to do pools and a tournament world cup style.. Every pool winner should advance. not 4 out of 5. that just seems crazy.

How did the Ooltewah Owls perform? Any HR's by the boys?

How did the Ooltewah Owls perform? Any HR's by the boys?

based on the Farragut website, they beat Noblesville, IN 9-3. Lost 3-0 to Science Hill and tied Jefferson County 6-6. No clue on stats and not sure on their 4th game. Like was stated above, and seems typical when Farragut hosts these things, not all of the scores have made the website.

based on the Farragut website, they beat Noblesville, IN 9-3. Lost 3-0 to Science Hill and tied Jefferson County 6-6. No clue on stats and not sure on their 4th game. Like was stated above, and seems typical when Farragut hosts these things, not all of the scores have made the website.

Would like to hear from someone at FU, about the Sevier County/Bearden deal. Bearden clearly gave up 15, Sevier 6 if the MJ final was 3-2. Just want to know if that's really how they get it done at the F. Met the tournament director at UT on Fri., didn't seem how he would run it.

I'm a little surprised Ooltewah didn't win the tournament.

Science Hill beat Ooltewah 6-3 in 7 inninigs. Tied 3-3 after 6 innings. Ooltewah 2B bobbled ground ball with bases loaded and two outs (SH 4-3). Next SH hitter singled (SH 6-3). Ooltewah shut out in their half of 7th.

Really, ooltewah... be glad you didn't get some of KD-B. Best team I've seen in awhile. Be proud you put up 6 against the flamers from JC.

Don't worry about the Owls. I would like to see what you guys could do against our two aces. Dupree and Thompson will be two of the top pitchers in the state next year if not this year.