BEARDEN HS BASEBALL

Vols1234

I think Warner at Jeff County would be an excellent choice. He has transformed the perennial underachieving Patriots to a well coached team that wins the games they should and more. They lost 8 or more seniors from last years squad and are playing really well. He is in a great position at the moment. He coaches in a huge school competing against schools that they should beat. Does he want to come to knoxville?

Another coach I did not see mentioned was Browning from South Doyle. He is an exceptional coach who can sqeeze more blood from a turnip than most. He always gets everything he can from his squad. He has also shown what he can do if he has some talent. Good man as well as a coach.

No denying the fact that Warner brought something different to the table at Jefferson County or his ability to coach, but the last two years at Jefferson County saw the most talented group of players in the past 20 years come through. It is also not as great a position as it seems. The talent pool is drying up and the conference is a lot better than what people think it is, so its tough on a year to year basis. With all that said, I think Warner would be a good choice compared to the other names being mentioned.

No denying the fact that Warner brought something different to the table at Jefferson County or his ability to coach, but the last two years at Jefferson County saw the most talented group of players in the past 20 years come through. It is also not as great a position as it seems. The talent pool is drying up and the conference is a lot better than what people think it is, so its tough on a year to year basis. With all that said, I think Warner would be a good choice compared to the other names being mentioned.

Bearden might wana take a look at the coach from Sequoyah HS, hes turned that program around big time

Guarantee 100% that's not true. Would make less than zero sense.

I completely agree. Tommy Pharr to Bearden makes Zero sense. I have confirmed that the Jefferson County coach (Warner) and the Karns coach (Rice) are interviewing for the baseball position today at Bearden High School. Not sure who the other candidates chosen for interviews are at this moment. Will work on it.

I completely agree. Tommy Pharr to Bearden makes Zero sense. I have confirmed that the Jefferson County coach (Warner) and the Karns coach (Rice) are interviewing for the baseball position today at Bearden High School. Not sure who the other candidates chosen for interviews are at this moment. Will work on it.

Im just telling you what ive heard around the ball park at bearden. Maybe tommy is tired of not having a winning team at cak and wants to move to bearden bc he knows he would win state titles once again there. He's got it made at CAK no doubt , but im just telling you what ive heard. Hopefully bearden will have enough sense not to let RICE take there program over, heck make it a nation wide search, bc I dont know if those two could cut it.

Im just telling you what ive heard around the ball park at bearden. Maybe tommy is tired of not having a winning team at cak and wants to move to bearden bc he knows he would win state titles once again there. He's got it made at CAK no doubt , but im just telling you what ive heard. Hopefully bearden will have enough sense not to let RICE take there program over, heck make it a nation wide search, bc I dont know if those two could cut it.

I tend to agree with you with regards to Rice but Warner would be a different story. He has turned the baseball complex at Jefferson County into one of the finest facilities in the state. It is truly amazing because I saw the field about 5 years ago and then saw it earlier this year and I was astonished. He also took his team last year to the sub-state game and probably has a good shot at challenging Farragut this year.

I tend to agree with you with regards to Rice but Warner would be a different story. He has turned the baseball complex at Jefferson County into one of the finest facilities in the state. It is truly amazing because I saw the field about 5 years ago and then saw it earlier this year and I was astonished. He also took his team last year to the sub-state game and probably has a good shot at challenging Farragut this year.

The Bearden job is a good job but not a great job. It is in a tough district and has had a spotty feeder system. At the present , they have their most talented team in years and still cant beat what is not your usual Farragut team. Maryville is way down this year and that will not last long. This should be Bearden's best shot to take a title. Hardin Valley has a great coach and should get its share and maybe more of west valley kids. Farragut will more often than not be very tough. I sure dont see Pharr going there. If I were Warner, I would stay in JC unless there is a big money difference,the desire to compete in Knoxville or sees he has minimal talent in the pipeline at JC. Would be shocked if they hire Karns coach. All that said, I am sure they will get a fine coach and wish them well.

<BR>The Bearden job is a good job but not a great job. It is in a tough district and has had a spotty feeder system. At the present , they have their most talented team in years and still cant beat what is not your usual Farragut team. Maryville is way down this year and that will not last long. This should be Bearden's best shot to take a title. Hardin Valley has a great coach and should get its share and maybe more of west valley kids. Farragut will more often than not be very tough. I sure dont see Pharr going there. If I were Warner, I would stay in JC unless there is a big money difference,the desire to compete in Knoxville or sees he has minimal talent in the pipeline at JC. Would be shocked if they hire Karns coach. All that said, I am sure they will get a fine coach and wish them well.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>I have to disagree. Your trying to tell me that the Bearden job isnt a big time job? Bearden is one of the top teams in the state year after year. Why wouldnt Pharr want the job, the guy loves to win, and if he comes to bearden he knows he can win just like he did at farragut. If he gets the job you will see alot of kids transfering into bearden. You also mentioned that this is one of the most talented bearden teams, I dont think so. The 06 and 08 class was much better. The 08 class had 8 seniors that yr sign to play college baseball, the 06 class had 5 or 6 sign Edited by Vols1234