TSWA All-State Girls' Class A

sayingwhatithink

I'm not sure how the girl's are picked but I do know that my daughter has been told by several coaches that she is an excellent player on a really bad team and that she is one of the most respected players in her district. She has a great attitude and great sportsmanship. And, I for one think she is very deserving.

there are alot of girls that are excellent players with good attitudes and that are respected,but what are her stats.I hate that your daughter plays on a REALLY BAD TEAM maybe you should transfer her to a really good team

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are alot of girls that are excellent players with good attitudes and that are respected,but what are her stats.I hate that your daughter plays on a REALLY BAD TEAM maybe you should transfer her to a really good team

She is. She will be playing college ball next year. It just bothers me that someone says she isn't deserving. That's all.

I've never seen a player on a team with a record that low make all-state. Again she might be a great talent but wins and making it to the state tournament have always been a part of some teams having players on it. The girl from Silverdale averaged about 32 points a game, I think they were around 15-15, if anyone on an average to below average team would make it I thought it would be her.

Edited by Indian

First of all, don't knock a player until you have seen her play. This girl from Harriman had 20 games this season which she posted a double-double. Most of these games she had more than 20 points. That is very impressive. This honor is about the player, not the team. It is easy to be recognized when a team does well because the team gets a lot of press. I think it's great that these sportswriters go in depth in their investigations into the players and not just look at the state tournament players. I believe she is more than deserving of this award and would have done well at whatever high school she had attended.

Edited by mlc2130

These types of lists of individual accomplishments on a team sport are certainly more destructive than not and will almost always generate controversy and for good reason as there will always be 3 or 4 good players left out for every one selected. I suspect that voters actually watched very few of the players they voted on and further, relying on stats as a gauge presumes similar competition and playing time which we all know to be false. Nothing against these individual selections as I know many of them but, let college coaches determine the players that best fit their programs and toss these ill-conceived and administered lists in the can where they belong.

First of all, don't knock a player until you have seen her play. This girl from Harriman had 20 games this season which she posted a double-double. Most of these games she had more than 20 points. That is very impressive. This honor is about the player, not the team. It is easy to be recognized when a team does well because the team gets a lot of press. I think it's great that these sportswriters go in depth in their investigations into the players and not just look at the state tournament players. I believe she is more than deserving of this award and would have done well at whatever high school she had attended.

Nobody is knocking the individual, this is just inconsistent compared to how they usually pick them.

Samantha Hamby at Coalfield should have gotten recognition for All State

I'm proud that the young lady from Harriman got the award and I don't think anyone is saying she isn't a very good player. I watched her time and time again literally drop down and rest during free throws late in games an all state player is one like Alaina who takes her team to the next level, she wouldn't have gone 3-23 with no coach and a bunch of 6th graders playing with her.

Anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell you that district 3 is one of the worst in the state. Look what happened when Tellico stepped up in competition. back to back 20 point losses. I think that may change in the future but this is a debate about now!

I think that there were more deserving players in our district Hamby, Kilby, Davidson, Stephens to name a few. And many in middle TN as well.

Samantha Hamby at Coalfield should have gotten recognition for All State

I'm proud that the young lady from Harriman got the award and I don't think anyone is saying she isn't a very good player. I watched her time and time again literally drop down and rest during free throws late in games an all state player is one like Alaina who takes her team to the next level, she wouldn't have gone 3-23 with no coach and a bunch of 6th graders playing with her.

Anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell you that district 3 is one of the worst in the state. Look what happened when Tellico stepped up in competition. back to back 20 point losses. I think that may change in the future but this is a debate about now!

I think that there were more deserving players in our district Hamby, Kilby, Davidson, Stephens to name a few. And many in middle TN as well.

Alright , I can't take anymore. This is "the young lady from Harriman"'s dad. She didn't ask for this award,we didn't lobby for it and we don't know how they choose it.She played her heart out ,despite her circumstances , and that's all she can do.This talk about "transferring to a better school" to get more basketball wins is pathetic. This talk of ANY player doing better with "no coach and a bunch of 6th graders" is idiotic. She has me busting with pride for ALL her accomplishments and she's gonna continue at a great college and beyond. Any man would be lucky to have such a kid.Why she's being singled out for these insults is upsetting and wierd...you guys need to get a grip.Those other girls you mentioned we know personally and you're right , they are deserving.How you can do this crap is shameful.That's all I have to say.

Alright , I can't take anymore. This is "the young lady from Harriman"'s dad. She didn't ask for this award,we didn't lobby for it and we don't know how they choose it.She played her heart out ,despite her circumstances , and that's all she can do.This talk about "transferring to a better school" to get more basketball wins is pathetic. This talk of ANY player doing better with "no coach and a bunch of 6th graders" is idiotic. She has me busting with pride for ALL her accomplishments and she's gonna continue at a great college and beyond. Any man would be lucky to have such a kid.Why she's being singled out for these insults is upsetting and wierd...you guys need to get a grip.Those other girls you mentioned we know personally and you're right , they are deserving.How you can do this crap is shameful.That's all I have to say.

She's a great player and kid! Time to move on!