Shelbyville Eaglettes job rumors since Friday

Rumormill

Here the rumors that has been said since Allison Clark stepped down Friday, the are numerous.

1. Lynn Burkey has contacted Don Embry about coming back to the Eaglettes.

2. Kevin Thomas is moving over to take over the girls and they will hire a new boys coach.

3. Chad Spencer had conversations about taking over the Eaglettes on Saturday with the principal.

4.Jeremy Wilhelm per his dad has already had conversations with Don Embry about bringing the Eaglettes back to dominance.

5. Jeremy Jean has inquired about the job.

6. Tim Gardner was offered the job and turned it down late Monday afternoon.

7. Mark Potts may come out of retirement and take over per his mom at the morning ladies club phone call.

8. Rick Insell may be coming home to take back over.

9. Ralph Edwards will be transferred from cascade boys to take over due to the new nepotism rule being put in by the school board.

10. Tom Insell was called about the job and offered it on Sunday and he told the Don he had no interest in job until there was a total overhaul of the administration.

11. Last but not least Bobby Locke may come back one last time.

All I know is the powers that be has really messed this program up, and the fix for this one great program may not can be found because to many people have their hands in the cookie jar. Try to get it right find the perfect fit this time.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are smart they will head up to the 'Boro and talk to Dan Wilkerson at MTCS. Look at his consistent winning and talent level. He also will have a draw from his years of work with TN Pride.....

That gets back to the same things I was mentioning in the other topic about Shelbyville, if you're relying on newcomers to build up the program the bottom can drop out completely. Build up the program with locals, and any newcomers should be pluses, not the foundation.

How many of their top level players over the years were imports and how many were locals? That's like Division I signing, type players. That's not just to stir it up, asking so someone around there who knows can answer.

During my time at SCHS (89-92), the girls won the state all 4 years. I only know of one player on that team that transferred. That was Tiffany Woosley. She was a great player but the rest were all from Shelbyville.

8 new rumors since yesterday :

1. Coach Mac has said she would be interested in coming back.

2. A committee is being put together to make the hire since Embry has been so unsuccessful in his hires lately.

3. John Wild has been contacted to see his interest level.

4. The superintendent has contacted Rick Insell to see if he would help with the hire.

5. The tullahoma girls coach has been contacted to see his interest level since he did wonders with the tullahoma program last year.

6. Boyd West has contacted Embry expressing interest, and said if Clark would have let him do it his way they would have been a lot farther along right now.

7. Tom Insell sat down with Embry and Taylor last night to discuss details of his contract if he decided to take the job, supposedly he ask for 60k , a dealer car, and all camp proceeds.

8. The rumor was wrong it was not Jeremy Wilhelm who had talked to Don Embry about his interest about the job it was his sister Jennifer per his dad last night on the phone.

More to come later today I am sure, keep your ear to the ground things are being said.

During my time at SCHS (89-92), the girls won the state all 4 years. I only know of one player on that team that transferred. That was Tiffany Woosley. She was a great player but the rest were all from Shelbyville.

Not true. Misty Lamb came from Community and I would say she had a lot to do with their success in 1989.

I will say this about RumorMill's posts. Even if some won't admit it, you have made some people laugh more than you know. So when are you going to give us the next rumor updates? lol I hear while some may be fiction others may be closer to truth than you realize.

Btw, when did the Shelbyville job become the laughing stock of CoachT. In years past, it was one of the best in the state, if not the nation. Now, back-to-back losing seasons and a post that makes the job look like a big joke. I posted this on a different thread about the status of that program. Now we see what many others thought. It is a big joke right now with no fix in sight.

I have no dog in the hunt. Nor did I take a side when the Shelbyville admin chose between Allison Clark and Tom Insell. The divide between those supporters runs deep as shown in this post and the number of people who have viewed/talked about it.

Perhaps we need to turn the recruiting spotlight from Shelbyville to other teams in the middle tennessee area who are recruiting like Rick Insell used to be accused of doing (it has been stated here so it must be true...lol).

Riverdale is the new recruiting hotbed. Transfers happen every year there, but of course it is all legit. They now have the dominance that Shelbyville used to have. Numerous state titles and tournament appearances. And let's not forget our good buddy Tom Insell from Franklin County who managed to get a "transfer" from Grundy County who took his team from being a bottom of the district team to a contender or look at Lawrence County who was the recipient of the ever-rotating Gilbert sisters (Shelbyville, Lawrence Co, now Columbia) who helped lead the Lady Wildcats to district championships. So, while I am not from Shelbyville, let me say they are not recruiting anymore (obviously, as shown by their record lol), but they are not the only team to have been the recipient of "non-local" kids who helped push them to success. Especially in nearly last decade.

A friend of mine told me that the last state championship won down in Shelbyville was with a locals so apparently it can be done. That team had Alex Fuller, Ashleigh Newman, etc. If I am not mistaken, they were on Dateline that year too. That would have been 2004?

Ok, I am getting off my soapbox now....

Last 24 hours of rumblings from the ole Rumormill

1. Lynn Burkey meet with Don Embry late yesterday, it this the same person that started the downward spiral of this once great program. This was told to numerous people over the last 2 years by Clark, Embry, and Clarks dad and now they are thinking about bringing him back this is a major laugher.

2.Kyle Insell the other brother of Matt and Tom has talked to Don Embry about his interest in the job.

3. Tiffany Woosley has expressed interest in the job with some of the supporters.

4. Kevin Thomas and Tom Insell supposedly where seen together yesterday wonder what went on in that conversation.

5. Jeremy Jean will interview the first of next week.

5. Greg Tipps has inquired about the job.

6. Ashleigh Newman has contacted administration about her interest in coming home to take the job.

7. Don Embry may take over he was Ricks assistant coach in the early 80s.

8. Stacy Childress has contacted the school about her interest.

9. Cory Barrett will also interview next week.

Thanks for the update Rumormill. You never know what the rumors are for this job opening. Thanks for updating us because everyone knows that everything you read on the CoachT boards is true. As for your info everone knows that Cory will interview for the job. Why not? Cory can't seem to apply for jobs fast enough. He applied at Lebanon and of course shelbyville two years ago and who know where else.

I had forgotten that Embry was Insell's assistant. If they are looking for former assistant coaches they need to look at their current football staff. Both the head coach and an assistant have been for assistant boy's bb coaches for Shelbyville. I think it was several years ago because their current boys head coach was also on football staff. Just a thought when we looking at all the options.

Just curious, who is their assistant coach from last year? The one other than Boyd West who worked at the school. Will he or she apply? Is that person a candidate to be head coach? Just wondering.

Edited by oleVandyfan06

Thanks for the update Rumormill. You never know what the rumors are for this job opening. Thanks for updating us because everyone knows that everything you read on the CoachT boards is true. As for your info everone knows that Cory will interview for the job. Why not? Cory can't seem to apply for jobs fast enough. He applied at Lebanon and of course shelbyville two years ago and who know where else.

I had forgotten that Embry was Insell's assistant. If they are looking for former assistant coaches they need to look at their current football staff. Both the head coach and an assistant have been for assistant boy's bb coaches for Shelbyville. I think it was several years ago because their current boys head coach was also on football staff. Just a thought when we looking at all the options.

Just curious, who is their assistant coach from last year? The one other than Boyd West who worked at the school. Will he or she apply? Is that person a candidate to be head coach? Just wondering.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and I could care less about Shelbyville basketball, but I do know Cory Barrett from his time here in Hickman County. And he is a fine coach and person, with a track record of winning with less than stellar talent year in and year out, and he has head coaching experience, so I would come off your horse, because you would be lucky to make such a quality hire.