Is it Time for a change at MCMinn Central Baseball

SAGINAWFAN

The season is over for Central baseball, I know we still have a few games left on the schedule but the boys seem to have lost the will to win. "Why" is the question? The "young team" excuss only goes so far and right now it appears the team is beat down and ready to just get it over with. The team had to play a ridiculous schedule which only helped to wear them down. I geuss I'm just wondering how to "look forward" to next year. Anyone have an encouraging word out there.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The season is over for Central baseball, I know we still have a few games left on the schedule but the boys seem to have lost the will to win. "Why" is the question? The "young team" excuss only goes so far and right now it appears the team is beat down and ready to just get it over with. The team had to play a ridiculous schedule which only helped to wear them down. I geuss I'm just wondering how to "look forward" to next year. Anyone have an encouraging word out there.

Young team excuse does go a long way. Most people knew going into this season it would be a tough one. Just as I have stated about the football team, things will be a lot better next season. All the coach can do is continue working and keep his kids from being to discouraged.

I haven't seen the boys play this year, but from what I can gather from a few people that know the game is that Central doesn't have any talent this year. To be honest, with out Moses and Cowart, they haven't had talent the last two years either. When you start 3-4 freshmen you are going to take some lumps along the way. Im sure some of the young guys will mature into good baseball players too. As a Central alum, I think its time for some parents to step back and face the facts that their kids just aren't very good athletes. Talent pool is as bad at Central now as it ever has been. THE CHARGERS WILL BE BACK

I haven't seen the boys play this year, but from what I can gather from a few people that know the game is that Central doesn't have any talent this year. To be honest, with out Moses and Cowart, they haven't had talent the last two years either. When you start 3-4 freshmen you are going to take some lumps along the way. Im sure some of the young guys will mature into good baseball players too. As a Central alum, I think its time for some parents to step back and face the facts that their kids just aren't very good athletes. Talent pool is as bad at Central now as it ever has been. THE CHARGERS WILL BE BACK

Just for the record the younger guys are good, just young. MC sports will be back next season- mark my word.

Just for the record the younger guys are good, just young. MC sports will be back next season- mark my word.

It is time for a change how many high school coaches constantly throw temper tantrums in the coaches box on third base.From what few games i have seen this year you should have to pay admission for the coaches show.Coaching is a definate problem when they finish a season worse than when it started that goes for any team any sport.I have seen some of these boys older and younger play summer ball following my grandson around the talent on this team is not as bad as they look,no they are not the talent this so called coach has had sense he has been there but who couldnt of coached that bunch all it took from the coach was to schedule the game.His son is a very good ball player and he is not playing as well now.It is painfully obvios he has lost respect of his players.

Coach Hart does a great job with his guys and anyone who thinks its time for a change is out of their mind. He is playing young kids and losses come with that. The tough schedule that you are complaining about will only make them better down the road. From the outside looking in it appears to be a bad cyle in talent in McMinn County overall. I promise you that Coach Hart is working and will have this group of guys very competitive not only in the district but in the region by the time they are seniors.

Coach Hart does a great job with his guys and anyone who thinks its time for a change is out of their mind. He is playing young kids and losses come with that. The tough schedule that you are complaining about will only make them better down the road. From the outside looking in it appears to be a bad cyle in talent in McMinn County overall. I promise you that Coach Hart is working and will have this group of guys very competitive not only in the district but in the region by the time they are seniors.

DITTO!!!

fan28 sounds like just another "Larry Largemouth" See below:

Larry Largemouth - - - Super Dad and Super Fan

There are four things we can be sure of in life here in East TN: Death, Taxes, Fall Colors and the emergence Larry Largemouth......Super Dad, Super Fan, and Grandstand Coach of every sports team his son plays on.

To have a chance at enjoying a high school baseball game you must identify Super Dad so you can sit as far away from him as possible. Super Dads come in all shapes and sizes, but there is an easy way to find him. Follow the loudest voice you hear until you find a largemouth surrounded by abrasive obnoxiousness. You have just found Larry Largemouth “Super Dad and Super Fanâ€.

He lives in about every community in our country and his one purpose in life is to criticize high school and youth athletic teams in general and their coaches in particular. These dads usually go into hibernation during the summer, as soon as Basketball is over, so as to rest their tired lungs and voices from all the critical evaluation. You see the long season takes its toll on the poor guy because this Dad involves himself in every play, and in every situation, in every game...... BUT SHAZAAM..... his recuperating powers are amazing and there he is rested and ready to go with visions of walks, errors and strikeouts through his head. As the first game approaches, rest assured Super Dad will be ready.

To be a Super Dad you do not need a license or any special training....just a five dollar ticket you can purchase at the front gate. With that five dollar ticket Super Dad now has instant authority, with full rights and privileges, to begin chastising teenage boys, your sons, and their coaches. What an absolute bargain, for just five dollars, he gets to do all that...... by the way.....this cost,,,,, is a heckuva lot less than the price your son, his teammates and his coaches have paid putting this team together.

Make no mistake about it though.....no player or coach is immune from Super Dad and there is no way Super Dad could ever be happy with the game, the players, or the coaching. No young player is as good as Super Dad was in his day.... no teams are as good as the teams in Super Dad’s years....and let there be no doubt that Super Dad has forgot more about baseball than all those idiot coaches combined on the sidelines.

AND the coaches.....this is where Super Dad really goes to work and enjoys himself. All his frustrations, pet peeves, pettiness, verbal abuse and pure viciousness comes out when talking about that incompetent bunch of Boobs called coaches. It does not matter that the coaches wives and children are in hearing distance. They try to ignore Super Dad.....but it still hurts. BUT wait a minute.....Super Dad paid his five dollars and he believes that entitles him to make any coach and player “fair gameâ€.

The stream of criticism continues the entire game and regardless of the outcome......it should have been better.....and it would have been better if not for the incompetency of the coaches. AND.....should our team have been on the short end of the scoreboard...... that just simply proves that Super Dad was right all along and the coaches are incompetent bums and have to go.

The saddest part of Super Dad’s performance is the part he saves for the kids after the game..... when a young man makes a mistake in a game..... and they all do.....this becomes an unforgivable sin to Super Dad that takes on catastrophic proportions. He loudly challenges the boy’s skill, courage, intelligence, desire..... and the coach’s stupidity such an inept individual to stay on the team, let alone play in the game.

It makes no difference to Super Dad that these are young boys and their coaches simply playing a game they love to the best of their ability......nonsense....to Super Dad this high school game and season has far more meaning.....in his mind it will alter the course of the world, and therefore he demands perfection. After all.....Super Dad never made any mistakes.....why should high school players and their coaches be allowed to.

Larry Largemouth “Super Dad, Super Fanâ€.....who needs him?????

DITTO!!!

There are four things we can be sure of in life here in East TN: Death, Taxes, Fall Colors and the emergence Larry Largemouth......Super Dad, Super Fan, and Grandstand Coach of every sports team his son plays on.

To have a chance at enjoying a high school baseball game you must identify Super Dad so you can sit as far away from him as possible. Super Dads come in all shapes and sizes, but there is an easy way to find him. Follow the loudest voice you hear until you find a largemouth surrounded by abrasive obnoxiousness. You have just found Larry Largemouth “Super Dad and Super Fanâ€.

He lives in about every community in our country and his one purpose in life is to criticize high school and youth athletic teams in general and their coaches in particular. These dads usually go into hibernation during the summer, as soon as Basketball is over, so as to rest their tired lungs and voices from all the critical evaluation. You see the long season takes its toll on the poor guy because this Dad involves himself in every play, and in every situation, in every game...... BUT SHAZAAM..... his recuperating powers are amazing and there he is rested and ready to go with visions of walks, errors and strikeouts through his head. As the first game approaches, rest assured Super Dad will be ready.

To be a Super Dad you do not need a license or any special training....just a five dollar ticket you can purchase at the front gate. With that five dollar ticket Super Dad now has instant authority, with full rights and privileges, to begin chastising teenage boys, your sons, and their coaches. What an absolute bargain, for just five dollars, he gets to do all that...... by the way.....this cost,,,,, is a heckuva lot less than the price your son, his teammates and his coaches have paid putting this team together.

Make no mistake about it though.....no player or coach is immune from Super Dad and there is no way Super Dad could ever be happy with the game, the players, or the coaching. No young player is as good as Super Dad was in his day.... no teams are as good as the teams in Super Dad’s years....and let there be no doubt that Super Dad has forgot more about baseball than all those idiot coaches combined on the sidelines.

AND the coaches.....this is where Super Dad really goes to work and enjoys himself. All his frustrations, pet peeves, pettiness, verbal abuse and pure viciousness comes out when talking about that incompetent bunch of Boobs called coaches. It does not matter that the coaches wives and children are in hearing distance. They try to ignore Super Dad.....but it still hurts. BUT wait a minute.....Super Dad paid his five dollars and he believes that entitles him to make any coach and player “fair gameâ€.

The stream of criticism continues the entire game and regardless of the outcome......it should have been better.....and it would have been better if not for the incompetency of the coaches. AND.....should our team have been on the short end of the scoreboard...... that just simply proves that Super Dad was right all along and the coaches are incompetent bums and have to go.

The saddest part of Super Dad’s performance is the part he saves for the kids after the game..... when a young man makes a mistake in a game..... and they all do.....this becomes an unforgivable sin to Super Dad that takes on catastrophic proportions. He loudly challenges the boy’s skill, courage, intelligence, desire..... and the coach’s stupidity such an inept individual to stay on the team, let alone play in the game.

It makes no difference to Super Dad that these are young boys and their coaches simply playing a game they love to the best of their ability......nonsense....to Super Dad this high school game and season has far more meaning.....in his mind it will alter the course of the world, and therefore he demands perfection. After all.....Super Dad never made any mistakes.....why should high school players and their coaches be allowed to.

What a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DITTO!!!

Can I PLEASE steal this and pass it on? This is AWESOME!

Time for a new coach most DEF. Central baseball hasnt been the same the past few yrs , I think its time Hart gets on out and let central bring someone new in.

Time for a new coach most DEF. Central baseball hasnt been the same the past few yrs , I think its time Hart gets on out and let central bring someone new in.

You people are crazy. Central is two years removed from a Sectional game and its time for a change??? Good players make good coaches. Look at it from this perspective.... If you lined up every player on Centrals team and every player on Sequoyah or Polk County's teams, how many Central players would you choose if you had to fill a roster of 9 starters???? Absoultly ZERO!!!! If you would would take a central player, then you have no clue about the game of baseball. In two years, Central will be good again and all will be right with the world.