State Career "K" Record

N2Fastpitch

I am looking to find the total for high school strike outs in a career in Tennessee. Megan Rhodes has 1.807 listed as the Tennessee record on her bio as a coach at MTSU. She thought the Cat Hosenfield might have broken it but her record is 1,403. How about Kara Woods from Unicoi Co, anybody know how many she had in her career ? Lets hear what you have to say !!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The single season record that Hosenfield has is crazy. That will be a tough one to break. I'm very surprised that TSSAA doesn't do a better job of keeping track of this info. I know Lindsey Fadnek from Coalfield has 1,700 at the current point in her senior season. She has a minimum of 11 more games left not including any extra games that Coalfieled might get in the one tournament they have left. They also have a very good chance of playing deep in the season. She could break Megan Rhodes record of 1,807 in the next week or so with an average of 14 k's per game.

The single season record that Hosenfield has is crazy. That will be a tough one to break. I'm very surprised that TSSAA doesn't do a better job of keeping track of this info. I know Lindsey Fadnek from Coalfield has 1,700 at the current point in her senior season. She has a minimum of 11 more games left not including any extra games that Coalfieled might get in the one tournament they have left. They also have a very good chance of playing deep in the season. She could break Megan Rhodes record of 1,807 in the next week or so with an average of 14 k's per game.

Are Fadnek's numbers from 9th-12th or are other years included in those numbers?

Fadnek's numbers include 8th grade through the present, However the amount of innings and games she has pitched is considerably less than the others involved. In district play, Coalfield has gone the distance in only a handfull of games in Lindsey's high school career. With Coalfield being a K-12 school Lindsey was able to play high school as an 8th grader.

Fadnek's numbers include 8th grade through the present, However the amount of innings and games she has pitched is considerably less than the others involved. In district play, Coalfield has gone the distance in only a handfull of games in Lindsey's high school career. With Coalfield being a K-12 school Lindsey was able to play high school as an 8th grader.

Those are insane numbers and taking nothing away from those amazing accomplishments I have to ask a question. How many games should a team play in a season? You can only get those kind of numbers playing and inordinate amount of games... Far too many.

Coalield has not played more than 32 games in a season until this year and so far they have played 31 to date and have at least 7 more not including the tournament they are in this weekend. I stated earlier most of the district games were less than 5 innings. when you have a 14.5 K per average per game it adds up pretty quick.

Edited by N2Fastpitch