District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

District again for a second year not as strong as usual, however Covington gained alot of confidence in weak district last year and will benefit this year. Also didn't lose much. Several quick RB's return. They give it to em and watch em run. Rest of district doesn't have the athletes as Cov except Haywood Co & Ripley and they've been deplorable lately.

1. Covington (4A) will go 10-0

2. Milan (3A) down from yrs past

3. Westview (3A)

4. Dyersburg (4A)

5. Crockett (4A) worst team at CC in 10 yrs last yr

6. Obion Co (4A) good record last yr but didn't beat any quality opponents

7. Ripley (4A)

8. South Gibson

9. Haywood (4A) worst in school history

10.Gibson Co (4A)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks about right ..should be a battle for third IMO..byw S.Gibson is 3A

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District again for a second year not as strong as usual, however Covington gained alot of confidence in weak district last year and will benefit this year. Also didn't lose much. Several quick RB's return. They give it to em and watch em run. Rest of district doesn't have the athletes as Cov except Haywood Co & Ripley and they've been deplorable lately.

1. Covington (4A) will go 10-0

2. Milan (3A) down from yrs past

3. Westview (3A)

4. Dyersburg (4A)

5. Crockett (4A) worst team at CC in 10 yrs last yr

6. Obion Co (4A) good record last yr but didn't beat any quality opponents

7. Ripley (4A)

8. South Gibson

9. Haywood (4A) worst in school history

10.Gibson Co (4A)

Gibson Co. is also 3A.

• 5 weeks later...

Milan will win this district, undefeated, but will have a couple of scares along the way.

I think you are correct. We had a couple of scares last year, in particular Covington. That game was at home. This year, all of our tougher opponents are on the road. We have to go to Covington, Westview and Huntingdon. I know Huntingdon is not a district game but it is our biggest rival. There are definitely several stumbling blocks that can prevent us from going undefeated. However, I think we are the best team in the district.

For starters- it is completely and utterly STUPID to have a district made up of teams who play in different classifications for the playoffs(hopefully that problem gets corrected this summer) as for this district as it stands, here's how it shakes out:

1. Milan (3A) -- DAWGS Always have a top notched program- athletes and always well coached.

2. Covington (4A) -- Chargers return the best runningback in this league(just ask OC)

3. Dyersburg (4A) -- This is a toss up with Westview, so 3 and 4 spots could go either way. D'burg has talent returning.

4. Westview (3A) -- Always a smash mouth, run oriented team, kicking game is solid, were young last year,

5. Crockett (4A) -- Ward is a solid coach and the Cavs always have athletes, they could even be better.

6. Obion Co (4A)-- Senior oriented team last year, young at the Skill positions. will be tested early at UC.

7. South Gibson (3A) - This could easily be flipped with OC at 6, the Walden brothers can play, loads of potential.

8. Ripley (4A) -- New coach comes in and program is in major need of new direction- can be a spoiler late.

9. Haywood (4A) -- Always have been athletic but in the past decade never have been well coached.

10.Gibson Co (3A) -- New Coach will bring a new attitude to Pioneer country- could swap with Haywood at 9..

Overall 1-10 will be better in 2012 after a lackluster 2011 from top to bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Alot of you all are putting Crockett dead last! That's NOT going to happen we're picking up steam and will continue to improve over the next few years! We will be in the top 5 somewhere I'm sure!

I agree Crockett will not be dead last. I believe that 3-7 in this district will be very close. Dyersbur, Westview, Crockett, Obion and South Gibson will be filling these spots and I would not be surprised to see it in any order. No one thought that Dyersburg would do as well as they did last year after only winning two games the previous year. They made a remarkable turn around. I expect Crockett can do the same. Ward had them going in the right direction by the end of the year. I still believe that Milan will be #1 and Covington #2. Ripley, Haywood and Gibson Co. 7-10.

Bigpurplemachine. I as a fairview fan just want to say i absolutely love your milan tradition. Had the pleasurw of making it down there for the playoffs in 2010 and as much as i disliked the outcome the atmosphere was great! Hope to get a game three rematch with yall this year at our place yours. Either one would be very enjoyable. Hope yall have a great season and wish the best to the whole milan team and yalls runningback (Arkel) is that correct? That kid is a work horse. Love seeing him run. I project the state contender from the west of nashville will come down between yall(milan),us(fairview),or CPA. Heres to a great 2012 season and lets bring the gold ball back to the west!