3AAA District Tournament

TSpoon

I would say Halls will throw painter against oak ridge but I don't think they have anyone else for the championship game(s) I'm not sure who Oak Ridge will throw? Isn't there number 2 hurt? Maybe Skeen? HVA honestly has a cake walk left until they are district champions. I mean HVA has used 2 pitchers through 3 games. Everyone else is out of pitching

Will Kirk pitch? I havn't seen him pitch in the tourney, is he injured?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After and awesome win by HVA tonight (congrats!) I asked a parent from Halls about freshman phenom Will Nelly. He said,"That boy is God sent to coach Renegar, a sign from above. He looked like the Verlander of high school throwing it in there at 92 and 93. But Da*m it, it pisses me off. Good luck to them. And go Halls"

After and awesome win by HVA tonight (congrats!) I asked a parent from Halls about freshman phenom Will Nelly. He said,"That boy is God sent to coach Renegar, a sign from above. He looked like the Verlander of high school throwing it in there at 92 and 93. But Da*m it, it pisses me off. Good luck to them. And go Halls"

As a Central fan i can look at this tournament from an unbias perspective and this is what I have concluded.

Powell had a chance to do something great, but didnt reach the full potential of what they could be.

Halls had a team with a couple great players but didnt have the depth in the pitching rotation to win the tournament

HVA (repeating champs) had an all around good team with great pitching, and a well disciplined program. Kirk Renegar has this team looking like soldiers in the military. Its like they do everything right. This team has alot of freshmen and will only get better

Oak Ridge really reached their full potential, but untill they get a solid number 2 guy behind Lane, I dont see them going far. They have alot of upcoming seniors, so they are a definate contender for next year.

Clinton made it farther than everyone expected, I really like the program and what the players bring to the table.

Campbell County is very well coached. If they get some talent i could see this program as a threat in the future.

Anderson County did about what everyone expected. They had a bad draw in the tournament having to face Powell and Halls. Hard to tell what they will look like in the future.

As a Central fan i can look at this tournament from an unbias perspective and this is what I have concluded.

Powell had a chance to do something great, but didnt reach the full potential of what they could be.

Halls had a team with a couple great players but didnt have the depth in the pitching rotation to win the tournament

HVA (repeating champs) had an all around good team with great pitching, and a well disciplined program. Kirk Renegar has this team looking like soldiers in the military. Its like they do everything right. This team has alot of freshmen and will only get better

Oak Ridge really reached their full potential, but untill they get a solid number 2 guy behind Lane, I dont see them going far. They have alot of upcoming seniors, so they are a definate contender for next year.

Clinton made it farther than everyone expected, I really like the program and what the players bring to the table.

Campbell County is very well coached. If they get some talent i could see this program as a threat in the future.

Anderson County did about what everyone expected. They had a bad draw in the tournament having to face Powell and Halls. Hard to tell what they will look like in the future.

What about the beavers at Karns? Any chance they will ever be good again in your opinion.

What about the beavers at Karns? Any chance they will ever be good again in your opinion.

Ohh sorry beavers fans i forgot. I think that Oster is all that Karns has. I dont see them contending for the district title in the future unless they get some sort of Dominican kid throwing about 95 mph. Also they might loose their coach which could affect their future.

First off, Congratulations to Hardin Valley for winning the tournament district title.

Anyone that got knocked into losers bracket 1st or 2nd game would have a tough time winning the tournament including HV. They didnt and they won the tournament. I would say HV has a great coach, great defense and good pitching. HV coaching defense is worth at least 2 runs per game compared to most high school teams and their pitchers benefit from that. They have a large advantage over all the other pitchers in the district. If Neely keeps progressing, he can be great.

Halls had more than a couple of great players. Ryan Gallion who also made all district and several other players really stepped up this year. Coach Poltston thought they would be a .500 team this year, but thanks to the hard work and efforts of the players, they win the regular season ditrict championship and are I think 27-6.

Agree that Oak Ridge should be a top contender next year and they need someone to step up at #2. They have some pitching talent that needs to be consistent and throw more strikes.

Agree CC is well coached, has some talent, but need more to be competitive.

AC struggles again next year. some young talent, but pitching and defense subpar.

I like Clinton as well. They are well coached. Their coaches do do more with less tham most teams. Losing Marsh will hurt them. He was such a cog for them.

Powell still has some talent but will need to hire a STRONG coach to take control of the program. When a kidd can curse the coach twice and feel justified, something is waaay wrong. Hard to say where they might finish till coach is hired.

Halls loses alot this year. I think they lose 3 or 4 of top 5 pitchers. They lose 9 or 10 seniors most of whom played. There should be more opportunity to play early for the first time in a long time. Having a winning tradition is a plus. Still, its is hard to see thme finishing any higher than 4. With tremendous hard work, they can make me wrong and I hope they do.

Hardin Valley will be prohibitive favorite next year. In fact, if they do not sweep both regular season and tournament titles, it would be a real failure. Most of the tradional powers will be down next year and HV was young this year and returns most of its pitching and that *(&*(&() defense.

Edited by AlwaysARookie

First off, Congratulations to Hardin Valley for winning the tournament district title.

Anyone that got knocked into losers bracket 1st or 2nd game would have a tough time winning the tournament including HV. They didnt and they won the tournament. I would say HV has a great coach, great defense and good pitching. HV coaching defense is worth at least 2 runs per game compared to most high school teams and their pitchers benefit from that. They have a large advantage over all the other pitchers in the district. If Neely keeps progressing, he can be great.

Halls had more than a couple of great players. Ryan Gallion who also made all district and several other players really stepped up this year. Coach Poltston thought they would be a .500 team this year, but thanks to the hard work and efforts of the players, they win the regular season ditrict championship and are I think 27-6.

Agree that Oak Ridge should be a top contender next year and they need someone to step up at #2. They have some pitching talent that needs to be consistent and throw more strikes.

Agree CC is well coached, has some talent, but need more to be competitive.

AC struggles again next year. some young talent, but pitching and defense subpar.

I like Clinton as well. They are well coached. Their coaches do do more with less tham most teams. Losing Marsh will hurt them. He was such a cog for them.

Powell still has some talent but will need to hire a STRONG coach to take control of the program. When a kidd can curse the coach twice and feel justified, something is waaay wrong. Hard to say where they might finish till coach is hired.

Halls loses alot this year. I think they lose 3 or 4 of top 5 pitchers. They lose 9 or 10 seniors most of whom played. There should be more opportunity to play early for the first time in a long time. Having a winning tradition is a plus. Still, its is hard to see thme finishing any higher than 4. With tremendous hard work, they can make me wrong and I hope they do.

Hardin Valley will be prohibitive favorite next year. In fact, if they do not sweep both regular season and tournament titles, it would be a real failure. Most of the tradional powers will be down next year and HV was young this year and returns most of its pitching and that *(&*(&() defense.

I agree with all of your statements. Hv has a chance to be great with their upcoming sophomores (Hunt, V.Gambuzza, Pung, Neely,and Sears) Their outfield might struggle, but as long as A.Gambuzza is out there they cant be too bad.