7-AAA District Tournament Bracket and 2013 Season Gutted

davidlimbaugh

I get it, I just don't see the reason for all the crying. You don't think the two games played between the best in the league will be entertaining?

You mentioned earlier how "college coaches will only get to see #3s play against lightweights" or something similar, now it's not about getting players into colleges. All the games will still have meaning, that's how you will be seeded in the district tournament. It seems to me the crying is over not being able to say "look at us, we're special, we have three-game series in the season." Stop crying and play baseball.

Did I miss something and this thread get changed to Chattanooga area? I believe that 7AAA is the only district that had the 3 game series which would mean that other people have not been through a season to experience this before. Most of us could care less what other people think about it - people that live in this district and attend games here love the excitement and strategy that it generates. Of course everyone is welcome to their opinion but making judgements' on something you have no knowledge about or have never experienced gives it very little merit.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if nobody else can give his or her opinion on the matter then I guess the discussion is over and the topic needs to be closed to only people that live in Murfreesboro. If not, I agree with the automatic bid but I think the 3 game series is detrimental to 7AAA. Too many high pressure games late in the year can exhaust a team going into the postseason. That may be why they have been swept the last 2 years on Monday. It may have been the other 2 teams were better but maybe Riverdale and Siegel were a little tired playing that game last year. Who knows. Just a thought unless I am not allowed to give it since I didn't play, live, or coach in Murfreesboro.

Please read more carefully, that is not what I typed. I typed that with the current 3-games series on WEEKDAYS that Juco and D-1 coaches come to the ball park to watch some high school baseball and look at position players and if a sophomore #3 catches their eye it is not a bad thing.

If a kid can play, they will be found no matter when or where they play or who they play against.

We are special. We are 7AAA. SO special that people from outside our district seem to get the urge to jump in and talk about us. :o

You almost had me at hello... sorry to intrude on your 7AAA. Thought it was an open discussion. You are what you are.

Well, if nobody else can give his or her opinion on the matter then I guess the discussion is over and the topic needs to be closed to only people that live in Murfreesboro. If not, I agree with the automatic bid but I think the 3 game series is detrimental to 7AAA. Too many high pressure games late in the year can exhaust a team going into the postseason. That may be why they have been swept the last 2 years on Monday. It may have been the other 2 teams were better but maybe Riverdale and Siegel were a little tired playing that game last year. Who knows. Just a thought unless I am not allowed to give it since I didn't play, live, or coach in Murfreesboro.

Topic open to all. :hungry: Some of us just got a kick how 'Indian' felt the need to be so involved from way down I-24. :roflol: And people do seem to be involved. I have had several fans come up to me at the Reservation at Jones Field during the district tournament this past weekend thanking me for my efforts to get these votes reversed and that they have shared their thought with their head coach. In parents and fans eyes this topic is still very open... :P

As far as tired goes 1-0 losses in great games probably wasn't being from tired. Just great pitching duels. If it was double elimination in the regional teams would need more than one great arm to move on. And teams have from Wednesday to Monday to rest for the region... :popcorneater:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

• 2 months later...