3AAA All District team, Player of Year and Pitcher of Year

AlwaysARookie

OK....here is my 2 cents.

Since Pitcher of the Year has been discussed to death, I will just make my pick.....Grant Painter.

As far as Player of the Year, I think it comes down to 2 players:

Austin Smith (Halls) 6 HRs, .470 BA, numerous extra base hits, great catcher.

Colby Skeen (Powell) 7 HRs, .495 BA, numerous extra base hits, great at 3B and closer.

My money is on Halls to sweep these awards since they were #1.

Grant Painter and Austin Smith

HVA swept halls this year though...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close. Pfeifer is a whole different animal. We are talking about the best high school pitcher in the history of the state. Weiler has yet to beat anyone out of his district. Pfiefer flat out dominated just about everyone he faced. There's no comparison until weiler can win on a higher level than just district. That statement is so ridiculous. There is no comparison for pfiefer.

I totally agree, Weiler is a very crafty pitcher that wins alot of games but Phiefer was a overpowering high school pitcher that dominated the mound every game.

I totally agree, Weiler is a very crafty pitcher that wins alot of games but Phiefer was a overpowering high school pitcher that dominated the mound every game.

I feel like Weyler is mentally more tough and he is more baseball smart. He is like a lawyer on the rubber. Very smart kid. But Phiefer I agree is the greatest pitcher in Tennessee history. I watched he since he was like 8. Phenomenal player and an even better guy.

Last night after the HVA game the oak ridge parents I talked to said, "That number 21 that pitched for HVA is one heck of a pitcher. I mean he looks like he is 13 yet his maturity is that of an old priest. Very mature young man with a great future."

I honestly don't really like this kid. I mean he is lucky to hit 78 on a good day. He has a decent curveball but that's about it. You put him up against Farragut and they will put up 7 runs in the first inning. Now neely on the other hand is like a ninja. I mean no one saw this kid coming into this season now he is what 6-1 I mean it incredible. He tops out at like 88 and I mean its just crazy how good this man child is!

Let me put this in perspective

Drake is like Andrew Luck the number 1 pick in the draft because of experience and he is really good. But like Luck is overrated

Weyler is like RG3 a game changer the number 2 pick.

Painter is like Kase Kennum, he wins a lot but he won't be anything past high school.

Hagan is like Osweiler lots of potential and tall.

Durand is like Kirk Cousins he has all the tangebles.

And finally Skeen is like Brandon Weeden because how old he is but he always has and immidiate effect+

Knox who are you to say that a kid is to be nothing after highschool? This kid has had the best ERA in the district 3 years in a row. Honestly he deserves to go a lot further than people say. Kid is mentally tough, and always competes in every game no matter what. If I was a coach, this kid would be my top pick. So, do yourself a favor and quit putting stupid posts that no one really cares about on this. Thank you bye.

Let me put this in perspective

Drake is like Andrew Luck the number 1 pick in the draft because of experience and he is really good. But like Luck is overrated

Weyler is like RG3 a game changer the number 2 pick.

Painter is like Kase Kennum, he wins a lot but he won't be anything past high school.

Hagan is like Osweiler lots of potential and tall.

Durand is like Kirk Cousins he has all the tangebles.

And finally Skeen is like Brandon Weeden because how old he is but he always has and immidiate effect+

Knox who are you to say that a kid is to be nothing after highschool? This kid has had the best ERA in the district 3 years in a row. Honestly he deserves to go a lot further than people say. Kid is mentally tough, and always competes in every game no matter what. If I was a coach, this kid would be my top pick. So, do yourself a favor and quit putting stupid posts that no one really cares about on this. Thank you bye.

I dont know, knoxcobeat1 did minor in sports phycology so he could know what he is talking about. However, I like painter and think he could be a very sucessful D2 and possibly D1 pitcher. Congrats to him on pitcher of the year.

What are some opinions on coach of the year? I personaly believe that Kirk Renegar is one of the best coaches Ive seen in about 25 years. The way he has his players disciplined and has them all come together like a school of fish is incredible. He has great strategy and always seems to overcome anything that goes wrong. Taking this program to becoming one of the beat teams in Knoxville is no coincidence.

What are some opinions on coach of the year? I personaly believe that Kirk Renegar is one of the best coaches Ive seen in about 25 years. The way he has his players disciplined and has them all come together like a school of fish is incredible. He has great strategy and always seems to overcome anything that goes wrong. Taking this program to becoming one of the beat teams in Knoxville is no coincidence.

If I was going into war id like Renegar leading my army. At least he would never let them surrender or quit. But the halls coach deserved it especially after he manipulated the tournament and still lost! (Sarcasm);)

If I was going into war id like Renegar leading my army. At least he would never let them surrender or quit. But the halls coach deserved it especially after he manipulated the tournament and still lost! (Sarcasm);)

I have already said on another thread that Renegar and Fronning have worked harder for the last 4 years than the other coaches in the district. My note goes to Renegar.

I have already said on another thread that Renegar and Fronning have worked harder for the last 4 years than the other coaches in the district. My note goes to Renegar.

I personally love the way coach renegar goes about his business, and the team is a mirror image of him. they're very solid, play good ole small ball and they execute. I'd have to give him the nod, for taking that team from 4 wins, to a confident, ball club who won't back down from anyone.