Tullahoma

14pioneers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My question is this. Why has an in house coach, who helped develop the current varsity talent and has head coaching experience been told he wasn't qualified for the job? Yet the job is then offered (rumor) to another "in house" coach with a lot less age and years of experience?

May I ask who was and who was not actually offered? Has the position been filled?

May I ask who was and who was not actually offered? Has the position been filled?

A middle school coach was turned down for it, yet it was offered to a high school assistant. Tullahoma has let several good coaches go over the last four years or so. Not because these guys can't coach. But to be blunt. Because they didn't fit the mold or because their dads don't play golf with Mathis. I can think of 5 coaches who have been run off, or have left because there is no room for advancement if you're of the wrong blood line. All of these coaches have proven themselves above and beyond the limits that Tullahoma imposed on them and it should be brought to light as such. These men have experienced success in athletics and in the classroom. I know them personally and can vouch for that. I can also think of a few other coaches who are underutilized because they serve in a position that quite frankly "is below the blue bloods". This second issue falls more on those coaches for being satisfied with the scraps they are being tossed. But the first issue relates to the second because, in this particular case, the coach that was turned down for the high school job is serving in one of those positions that "is below the blue bloods" and it would go against the good ole boy system to promote him to a spot that is reserved for "one of their own". This problem is not one unique to Tullahoma, it happens every where you go. The problem here is that our kids suffer because of it. The product on the field, court or what have you goes down when the spoils system is used to promote, hire and fire. And the last argument that I want to hear is that "Tullahoma kids are a cut above kids from surrounding areas and we are looking for men and women of character to help us produce valuable members of society." Take another look. For the first time ever THS is over 50% free or reduced lunch, single parent homes prevail and we no longer get the great influx of engineer kids from AEDC. To put it in the words of one of the Tullahoma elite "The haves are out numbered by the have nots" Well, notice has been served. Better start running things accordingly. Try doing what is right. Not what advances ones own standing.

• 2 weeks later...