McCollum Let Go at Greenback

hoopsdaily

Go a little further back ... this team used to go to Murfreesboro on a regular basis and has a gold ball in the trophy case! Great memories of those Ken Byrd, Kim Bledsoe, and Kenny Dunlap coached squads.

Oh Yes govman,i do remember i was on the hardwood for coach McCollum at that time.There were some good girls basketball back then-1985 quarterfinals,1986 semifinals,1987 state champions.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say not rebuilding?This team use to win district championships and compete for region,since Jama Hammontree and coach Lucier left we havnt done much of nothing.I would definately say its in need of a rebuild.He does leave some good talent but they surely havnt over acheived.You have to replace them at sometime why not when a good young coach is available?I have seen this lady coach she can coach!

Greenback is returning alot of players from last years squad. Hope you will come out and support these girls.

Coach mcdaniels will do a fine job already heard of some girls from area schools that want to play for her.I am more worried about getting some great math teachers to replace the ones that leave,Coach McCollum was a great algebrae teacher!

Do you mean you have heard of some transfers that you may get? Didn't think that happened at greenback or any other public school for that matter. Just Saying

Do you mean you have heard of some transfers that you may get? Didn't think that happened at greenback or any other public school for that matter. Just Saying

Don't worry about the publics getting some of your potential transfers RunAndGun, the guy that owns the pharmacy in Powell will ensure Grace buys up all the good recruits. He is bound and determined to buy a championship for your school. Just saying...

Don't worry about the publics getting some of your potential transfers RunAndGun, the guy that owns the pharmacy in Powell will ensure Grace buys up all the good recruits. He is bound and determined to buy a championship for your school. Just saying...

You love to drop names and hide behind yours.

Are we still talking girls' basketball?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Saw Greenback in a couple of team camps. Looks like a step back. Not impressed with new coach.

Coach has only had the team for a month, give her and the team a chance. Greenback was the only A team at camp all the others were AA & AAA. Having played for Pat Summitt for 4 years, Coach McDaniels has enough basketball knowledge and know how to get the job done. Come basketball season, playing against other A schools, I'm sure the Kees will be fine.

Saw Greenback in a couple of team camps. Looks like a step back. Not impressed with new coach.

Not a fair statement at all. Courtney only had the girls for 5 practices before camps started. The girls are adapting to a new style of play. Nice wins in camps against Dekalb,York, Lenoir City and Elizabethton.

Not a fair statement at all. Courtney only had the girls for 5 practices before camps started. The girls are adapting to a new style of play. Nice wins in camps against Dekalb,York, Lenoir City and Elizabethton.

These are very good wins. I didn't know they beat elizabethton. That was a very good win, what camp was this?