white house coach

Softballghost

I have read this post from start to finish. As a grown adult I am amazed at this. Everyone has their own opinion of who deserved what. Bottom line all the coaches voted. They could not vote for their players. It is what it is. Quite frankly GP should have to play in another district IN MY OPINION. Against teams who are private schools as well. The reason being they recruit their players. Giving free scholarships to player with a certain talent level. They dont build players they buy them. That however is how it is. If every team in this district could offer the same we would not have to rebuild. We could reload. Once again that is my opinion and it belongs to nobody but me. But dont get on here and be a hater cause someone that you think should have gotten something but didnt. That is bashing the player that was chosen for the award. She doesnt deserve that. Every player in the tournament has worked very hard to be the player that she is. You as a grown adult should have more class. Next time you have a thought like this do us and yourself a favor and keep it to yourself.

If you really look at it. Of the 3 pitchers who was pitched around. Who is the most feared hitter of the 3.

Edited by 88devil

Please tell me where you sign up for free tuition to play ball at GP, I am sure 12 parents that I know would love that. Not to mention if GP did pay for players to play we would prob have all the best players in the district. But instead you and the other coaches claim we only had three all district players. Its funny because little does people know we won the district with 5 starting sophomores and 1 starting freshman. Only two seniors, So coach get your team ready for the next few years. Its just a better coached team. And if you have kept up with the thread Niki Fogle is a great player never bashed her, just bashed the coaches who chose the awards out of spite, but the award that matters is the championship and thank God that wasn't voted on.

I have read this post from start to finish. As a grown adult I am amazed at this. Everyone has their own opinion of who deserved what. Bottom line all the coaches voted. They could not vote for their players. It is what it is. Quite frankly GP should have to play in another district IN MY OPINION. Against teams who are private schools as well. The reason being they recruit their players. Giving free scholarships to player with a certain talent level. They dont build players they buy them. That however is how it is. If every team in this district could offer the same we would not have to rebuild. We could reload. Once again that is my opinion and it belongs to nobody but me. But dont get on here and be a hater cause someone that you think should have gotten something but didnt. That is bashing the player that was chosen for the award. She doesnt deserve that. Every player in the tournament has worked very hard to be the player that she is. You as a grown adult should have more class. Next time you have a thought like this do us and yourself a favor and keep it to yourself.

If you really look at it. Of the 3 pitchers who was pitched around. Who is the most feared hitter of the 3.

This is getting good...

1) Coaches don't vote for their own players.

2) DI schools receive NO financial aide. GP is D1 so their students receive no financial aide.

3) DII athletes can receive financial aide dependent upon their FASFA application and I beleive if they receive over a certain amount (50%) they cannot particiapate in varsity athletics.

Here is an excerpt from the TSSAA constitution:

"Section 3. For tournament competition there shall be two categories. Division I shall be schools whose student athletes competing at the varsity level do not receive need–based financial aid. Division II shall be those schools whose student-athletes competing at the varsity level may be the recipients of need-based financial aid."

Now that the facts are on the table maybee this thread will wither a bit. The truth is Goodpasture is a DI AA school that offers a quality education and has a strong reputation built on athletic excellence. This attracts players, they don't have to recruit. The same can be said of Beech, parents simply pay the out of county taxes and their kid can play for a school that has a strong reputation in softball. It's absurd to say or even imply that GP pays it's players for a non-revenue sport nonetheless. I'm laughing at the thought as I know several of the GP parents through travel ball, most of which are bleeding, making heavy financial scarifices to keep their kid in a moral, ethical, christ centered program with an outstanding reputation.

Look parents who put alot of time and effort into this sport move, pay, do whatever it takes to make it happen so their child's in a quality program. That's the bottom line. It does not matter if it's a private or public program. Cripes you have parents up-rooting to go to Beech and Riverdale all the time. Posts like these are made out of inexperience and anger. Let it go, look in the mirror and assign the resposiblity where it belongs. It takes alot of hard work, a dedicated team of parents, coaches and administrators to make quality happen. Having a quality pitcher is only one piece of a 9 plus piece set.

Edited by coachcap

Very well said.

This is getting good...

1) Coaches don't vote for their own players.

2) DI schools receive NO financial aide. GP is D1 so their students receive no financial aide.

3) DII athletes can receive financial aide dependent upon their FASFA application and I beleive if they receive over a certain amount (50%) they cannot particiapate in varsity athletics.

Here is an excerpt from the TSSAA constitution:

"Section 3. For tournament competition there shall be two categories. Division I shall be schools whose student athletes competing at the varsity level do not receive need–based financial aid. Division II shall be those schools whose student-athletes competing at the varsity level may be the recipients of need-based financial aid."

Now that the facts are on the table maybee this thread will wither a bit. The truth is Goodpasture is a DI AA school that offers a quality education and has a strong reputation built on athletic excellence. This attracts players, they don't have to recruit. The same can be said of Beech, parents simply pay the out of county taxes and their kid can play for a school that has a strong reputation in softball. It's absurd to say or even imply that GP pays it's players for a non-revenue sport nonetheless. I'm laughing at the thought as I know several of the GP parents through travel ball, most of which are bleeding, making heavy financial scarifices to keep their kid in a moral, ethical, christ centered program with an outstanding reputation.

Look parents who put alot of time and effort into this sport move, pay, do whatever it takes to make it happen so their child's in a quality program. That's the bottom line. It does not matter if it's a private or public program. Cripes you have parents up-rooting to go to Beech and Riverdale all the time. Posts like these are made out of inexperience and anger. Let it go, look in the mirror and assign the resposiblity where it belongs. It takes alot of hard work, a dedicated team of parents, coaches and administrators to make quality happen. Having a quality pitcher is only one piece of a 9 plus piece set.

The out of county transfer needs to be stopped. This really opens the door for recruiting for the public schools. How can you guarantee where the money comes from or even if it has actually been paid. This is very hypocritcal for TSSAA to allow it since the public and private schools split over recruiting issues

Let's not get this twisted, everyone knows that they are transferring for the education and athletics have nothing to do with it. Seems I read that somewhere..........must be the truth :)

If "Birdman" says it so, IT IS SO!!! Hope everyone is doin good and your rich neighbors are stayin rich as us por folks stay por and you are still a "Fat Cat"...... things are good in the park just wanted to say Hi Luv a watchin these folks get mad at each other.......I wonder where the LUV is??? :flower:

Edited by MrNoitAll
  • Upvote 1