Region 2-AAA

ManU4Life

What do we think of the match ups between Halls @ Farragut and Bearden @ HVA.

Bearden is going to be a really tough matchup for HVA, not the other way around. They bring alot to the table offensively and they are probably going to throw Broyles who is going to give HVA problems. You have to score a bunch to keep up with Bearden and I just dont see HVA putting up the runs it will need to compete. There are alot of hitters in that lineup that are too smart and savvy to chase junk and they typically will make teams pay for mistake pitches. If Weiler (Waylor?) is going to rely on his breaking ball it could be a long night for the Hawks.

Farragut is playing at a very high level right now and with a rested pitching staff, I would look for them to make a statement on Monday. Halls will have to get a game of a lifetime out of their starter to keep runs off the board. With a rested pitcher (whoever it is they decide to go with), and the offensive capabilities of Farraguts first 8 hitters... its going to be hard to come in and steal a game from them. They seem to be hitting thier stride right now with a rested starter and Newby in releif, Halls will have to execute perfectly to stay in this game.

Just my opinions

They seem to be hitting thier stride right now with a rested starter and Newby in releif, Halls will have to execute perfectly to stay in this game.

Just my opinions

Newby must be a lot better than his dad was. When he pitched at Westview, he had a standing appointment with Dr. Tony Kirk, of Martin Chiropractics, after every game to fix the crick in his neck he got from watching the balls he pitched be blasted over the fence. Dr. Kirk would tell him, "But hey, this is how they do it at Texas A & M."

His college coach, Charlie Smith, said that Newby lost control at the same point in every game-right after the national anthem.

I am glad Jordan didn't inherit his dad's 64 mph fastball.

Edited by TedLNancy

They seem to be hitting thier stride right now with a rested starter and Newby in releif, Halls will have to execute perfectly to stay in this game.

Just my opinions

Newby must be a lot better than his dad was. When he pitched at Westview, he had a standing appointment with Dr. Tony Kirk, of Martin Chiropractics, after every game to fix the crick in his neck he got from watching the balls he pitched be blasted over the fence. Dr. Kirk would tell him, "But hey, this is how they do it at Texas A & M." I am glad Jordan didn't inherit his dad's 64 mph fastball.

Real classy post. Still living in your college days huh? Tell me how that works out for ya.

Real classy post. Still living in your college days huh? Tell me how that works out for ya.

It's not bad. I'm on the 30 year plan. Hopefully, I will graduate with Tony Barham and Kent Scott in December. Congrats on the Farragut win. Hope y'all make it back to Murfreesboro.

Edited by TedLNancy

Congrats to both Bearden and Farragut for advancing to the Region 2AAA Championship!! It ought to be a much closer game than last week's District final, which the Admirals won. The Admirals have been getting the timely hits needed to advance in postseason. Bearden showed great competitiveness to fight back out of the loser's bracket to gain the Region berth.

The game tonight will be at 6:30 at the Ballpark at Farragut. The game will be broadcast on WUCP-LP FM99.9 and WUCPLP.com (streaming audio). It can also be heard on smartphone and iPAD apps Tune-in Radio and HiDef Radio.

Edited by DugoutDad

Congrats to both Bearden and Farragut for advancing to the Region 2AAA Championship!! It ought to be a much closer game than last week's District final, which the Admirals won. The Admirals have been getting the timely hits needed to advance in postseason. Bearden showed great competitiveness to fight back out of the loser's bracket to gain the Region berth.

The game tonight will be at 6:30 at the Ballpark at Farragut. The game will be broadcast on WUCP-LP FM99.9 and WUCPLP.com (streaming audio). It can also be heard on smartphone and iPAD apps Tune-in Radio and HiDef Radio.

After all of the talk about HVA's pitching greatness the silence on this board is amazing.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to the following Region 2-AAA players who made the TBCA All-State Team

TBCA 1ST Team All-State

Trey York Sr 2b Bearden

AJ Simcox Sr SS Farragut

Colby Skeen Sr 3b Powell

TBCA 2ND Team All-State

Grant Painter Sr LHP Knox Halls

Ronnie Broyles Sr RHP/3b Bearden

Nick Senzel Jr 2b Farragut

Edited by PhatCat