Bradley Football

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of talk about Bradley on the Cleveland thread so lets go ahead and make a Bradley thread. I anticipate Bradley to be fairly strong and competitive this year.

I'll go ahead and offer an objective and unbiased prediction: Bears saw their best year for a while last year. They lose a lot of skill to graduation that won't be replaced in kind. Defense will remain strong suit but they will struggle to score with the ease they have enjoyed for the past couple of seasons. As far as the district goes, I see them near the top, though. Several teams will be equally bad, some worse than usual and a couple of sleepers always appear. B)

Alot of talk about Bradley on the Cleveland thread so lets go ahead and make a Bradley thread. I anticipate Bradley to be fairly strong and competitive this year.

Will interested in how the depth chart eventually works out. Defensively I think the Bears will be stronger. Offensively, there are enough questions to make me nervous as to how the season will go.

I'll go ahead and offer an objective and unbiased prediction: Bears saw their best year for a while last year. They lose a lot of skill to graduation that won't be replaced in kind. Defense will remain strong suit but they will struggle to score with the ease they have enjoyed for the past couple of seasons. As far as the district goes, I see them near the top, though. Several teams will be equally bad, some worse than usual and a couple of sleepers always appear. B)

Cleveland looked very good in scrimmage in Friday. They are going to be really good on the line of scrimmage and backs are explosive with break away speed. Defense is solid and will be very tough to move ball on in our league. Bradley has to work really hard this summer or they will get ran off field by this New coached team. With the exit of all the "skill" players to graduation it will be tough to play with Cleveland.

Let's see scrimmage against Chattanooga Central... John Allen ..... beat them 20-6 .... <perk>

Doesn't matter how good Chattanooga Central is or is not; I like the results. Generally I don't like to gloat or be unsportsmanlike, but this is one case I just have to enjoy. :D

bradley should win it all this year

Cleveland will be tons better by the time they Bradley. Bradley choked in the McMinn at home in 2011. Cagle might have Bradley's number. McMinn brings back thier whole OL and have the transfer from WV to replace some of lost skilled people. Gonna be tougher for the Bears than you think.

Cleveland will be tons better by the time they Bradley. Bradley choked in the McMinn at home in 2011. Cagle might have Bradley's number. McMinn brings back thier whole OL and have the transfer from WV to replace some of lost skilled people. Gonna be tougher for the Bears than you think.

Choke?? WARHORSE, you know not what you speak of. Walker will win it all. transfer will be missed but ruled in elgible right before game due to not ever moving. And Cleveland is trying to figure at where EK put the footballs.

In reference to "Cagle having Bradley's number" You might be a silly person or just making silly comments either way I would reference that wood shed beating Floyd gave Cagle the year before on his home field.

• 1 month later...

Well, both of the 7 on 7 scrimmages of last week and the Signal Mountain tourny was cancelled due to wet conditions. But Bradley got into the tourny at Finley and Baylor and was the only Tennessee team to get out of pool play and into the Championship hunt. The lost the championship game coming in 2nd.

They won over Canton, Georgia's Sequoyah Chiefs, Chatsworth, Georgia's North Murray Moiuntaineers, and then lost to Carrolton, Georgia's Trojans.

However the Georgia teams in the tourny did not have 'dead period' and have been working all summer, whereas the Tennessee teams just had a week after the 2 week dead period.

Any way you look at, it bodes well for Bradley's passing game, and the pass defense as well, to be that competitive this early.

Two more Passing League scrimmages are schedule wit Alcoa on Tuesday and then Hixson on Thursday.

The pads go on June 30th, and on August 4th Bradley has their annual 5 way scrimmage, then travel to Knox Webb on the 7th. The Jamboree matchup is with Red Bank (EK Slaughter) Aug 10th at Finley.