AAA State Tournament

FightinIllini

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden has one top pitcher, Boyles, and others that will compete. Their recent strength is their hitting, up and down their lineup. They will destroy mediocre pitching. They could surprise everyone being in the weaker bracket and win it all.

It appeared the deck has been stacked against Farragut to make 5peat a real challenge.

Their 2 top pitchers out injured and placed in the bracket with Tennessee's top ranked teams:

Upper Bracket

2 Mount Juliet

3 Riverdale

5 Farragut

9 Arlington

Lower Bracket

8 Germantown

10 Bearden

15 Walker Valley

16 Franklin

If Farragut wins this one they will have to find pitching and hitting from players that haven't been very productive lately. If they can step up to the challenge TSSAA bracket placement will not stop the Ads.

Their #1 who is going to Vandy won't be pitching in the state tournament. They have plenty of depth at the pitching position though. You won't see anybody who will just blow you away but they are good pitchers who will get people out

He can still hit though and the kid is a stud at the plate. Mt. Juliet is solid 1-9 and should be tough beat, but probably could be beaten if their opponent has a dominant arm on the mound. Anyone know anything about Walker Valley? I had not heard of them until this week, but they are obviously pretty good if they made it this far.

Their #1 who is going to Vandy won't be pitching in the state tournament. They have plenty of depth at the pitching position though. You won't see anybody who will just blow you away but they are good pitchers who will get people out

Makes me feel a little better then, Farragut has been stroking the last month and they usually only struggle if they have to face a stud so hopefully if they play one another it'll be an entertaining game.

Here's What I know about Mount Juliet.... they are 38-4 with wins over Riverdale, Collierville, Walker Valley and Mason OH.

They are hitting the ball hard and put up some good numbers in Regional and Sectional, pitching is deep.....

Edited by FightinIllini

Who do you see making it to the title game and who you got winning it?

That'st a tough one, the top bracket is so over loaded, I would say Farragut or MJ will come out of the top bracket..... But you never know. Once these teams get into the losers bracket, and have to start eating up pitching, it could get interesting.

I figure Arlington throws Bramlett against Riverdale.

That'st a tough one, the top bracket is so over loaded, I would say Farragut or MJ will come out of the top bracket..... But you never know. Once these teams get into the losers bracket, and have to start eating up pitching, it could get interesting.

I figure Arlington throws Bramlett against Riverdale.

Bottom side bracket games could be blowouts... good luck to MJ, do 9AAA proud. Pulling for you guys. Hope to make a game or 2 on Wed.