AAA State Tournament

FightinIllini

Question of the tournament...If WV loses game 1 tomorrow will Towne throw game 2 on 1 day of rest...AGAIN. I've got a grand that says he will. I hope, for his arm's sake, they win game one and he can have one more day of rest before he throws another shutout. My Pirates are out, so I'm rooting for the Stangs now.

I am going to say Towne will be in relief if needed. He will start the second game if necessary. Just a thought.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a tough situation for the Farragut seniors. It's never fun to be the ones who let the streak end, but they played very well this year but injuries and luck weren't on their side this time like in years past. Still, great run boys it was fun to watch. Just didnt have the pitching this year to hold those leads they had today. Gonna be cheering for Bearden to win it all now!

I would have to agree they did not have the pitching this year. Although they did have the pitching if a couple of arms had not been Phil abused over the last two seasons. Just my opinion.

I would have to agree they did not have the pitching this year. Although they did have the pitching if a couple of arms had not been Phil abused over the last two seasons. Just my opinion.

I never even heard about what happened to Freeman, having him atleast would have been huge. It just comes down to Farragut being a little young this year and not having the experience or leadership to close out games. How many times the past 7-8 years has anyone seen a Farragut team lose two late leads in the state tournament? I mean that never happens, but one thing Buck can hang his hat on is that he only has I believe 3-4 graduating seniors and should be loaded next year. Losing Simcox will hurt, but I think the Senzel kid has a chance to be even better than he was barring injury. Should be fun to watch next year, and good luck to all the remaining teams. Some great talent in the Boro this year, that's for sure.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised Farragut made it to state without their 1 and 2 pitchers. I thought they might have a shot without #1, but, when I heard 2 went down and then they had to go to KDB, I wan't expecting a loss, but, I wasn't as confident as years past that's for sure. It's nice that they started a few freshman pitchers this year to get them some experience for the next few years. Only 3 or 4 seniors is pretty nice too. I'd say they should be the favorites next year, but then again people, no matter how many players are returning, seem to want to not pick Farragut.