Davidson Academy

woody1

Savannah Hill gets 18 strike outs in game 1 of the state championship and Davidson Academy wins 12-0. Look's like a showdown of DCA and DA in the Championship game...Go Lady Bears!

They already set the championship game? I was under the understanding that they would at least play the other games that were scheduled.

They already set the championship game? I was under the understanding that they would at least play the other games that were scheduled.

Tisk..Tisk..your right, a bit premature...USJ just knocked of DCA today 1-0. Just a prediction..no ill will towards any other team...congrats to all 4 that made it.

Tisk..Tisk..your right, a bit premature...USJ just knocked of DCA today 1-0. Just a prediction..no ill will towards any other team...congrats to all 4 that made it.

Was more like a decision than a win. I hate umpires deciding wins but in close games one side always feels slighted. DCA was playing with nerves in their first ever appearance, but still kept it close squandering a couple real oportunities to win. DCA continued on to knock off the defending state champs 11-3 and will likely be looking forward to the rematch. DA is playing with passion right now and have all the pieces. USJ will be hard pressed to beat them. But then, that is why we play the game...

Edited by coachcap

Was more like a decision than a win. I hate umpires deciding wins but in close games one side always feels slighted. DCA was playing with nerves in their first ever appearance, but still kept it close squandering a couple real oportunities to win. DCA continued on to knock off the defending state champs 11-3 and will likely be looking forward to the rematch. DA is playing with passion right now and have all the pieces. USJ will be hard pressed to beat them. But then, that is why we play the game...

One of them will get the opportunity for a rematch....after the "showdown" predicted.

What you excuse now CoachCap? USJ 2 solo home runs off you great pitcher. USJ is in the SHIP. They will have to be beat twice by either DCA or Donelson.

Dunno, choaking on some crow... Not associated with DA and stuck at work so couldn't see the game but wow. Gratz on the win, knowing DA and seeing the DCA game I thought for sure DA's line-up would be able to handle the game. Never know till you play it... Should be a hard fought Championship.

One of them will get the opportunity for a rematch....after the "showdown" predicted.

USJ knocks off DA 3-0 ....DA and DCA square off, "showdown", whatever you want to call it at 5 p.m. to earn the right to play USJ in the championship game. USJ in the Drivers Seat with Win, but anything can happen.

USJ knocks off DA 3-0 ....DA and DCA square off, "showdown", whatever you want to call it at 5 p.m. to earn the right to play USJ in the championship game. USJ in the Drivers Seat with Win, but anything can happen.

Little good natured ribbing, woody----you and coachcap seem ok----congrats to all 4 teams that made it to State, quite an accomplishment by any measure. Good luck the rest of the way.

Little good natured ribbing, woody----you and coachcap seem ok----congrats to all 4 teams that made it to State, quite an accomplishment by any measure. Good luck the rest of the way.

It's all in fun and from what I saw from all the teams, Tipton included, is that we are all graduating a large generation of good softball seniors. That being said, I want to congratulate the girls no matter the outcome on an excellent and very competitive tournament. Middle and West need to meet more in early tournament action to build some good rivalries. I'll be gone but I think it would be good for DII schools. We simply get no love... :thumb:

Edited by coachcap

DCA falls 4-3 to DA in 8 innings in what can only be described as a "showdown".

It was a classic battle and one that will be long remembered by this dad. Good luck to DA and USJ. It should be a good one.

DA had a 3-1 lead going into the top of 7th and what a rally by DCA...they didn't quit..I admire the girls for keeping on keeping on. DCA has put together a fantastic team, and it has shown this year.

DA has been consistantly playing againest higher quality opponents this year and have been "streaky" with the Bat. It will be interesting to see if the DA girls can finally put a bat on USJ pitcher..incredible..this girl continues to pick her spots with plenty of movement on the ball... Smart pitcher, but even though they had two HR on Savanaah Hill today,Tomorrrow starts a new season...a two game season..good luck to both teams and whoever wins,goes the spoils..LOL..we only talk that way in DII ..Good luck Girls on both sides..USJ and DA. Two Quality Pitchers and two quality programs! Play Hard.