Davidson Academy

woody1

Congratulations to Davidson and USJ on great seasons and a great championship (from the parts I was able to see yesterday). Just saw the clip of the end of the game - wish the USJ coach had as much class as the players did in victory....I don't know or care what happened before this during the game or after Friday's game (as aluded to in the Jackson Sun this morning) but this was a horrible example to set for the kids and just hate that it took away from the girls' hard fought victory.

Obviously a hard pill to swallow for Davidson players and parents, but one day they will realize all that they accomplished this year - congratulations ! To be playing the last inning of the last game of the year is a big deal.

Congratulations to Davidson and USJ on great seasons and a great championship (from the parts I was able to see yesterday). Just saw the clip of the end of the game - wish the USJ coach had as much class as the players did in victory....I don't know or care what happened before this during the game or after Friday's game (as aluded to in the Jackson Sun this morning) but this was a horrible example to set for the kids and just hate that it took away from the girls' hard fought victory.

Obviously a hard pill to swallow for Davidson players and parents, but one day they will realize all that they accomplished this year - congratulations ! To be playing the last inning of the last game of the year is a big deal.

Thanks...I want to congratulate the the USJ girls and fans on a state tournament title. This game is between High School girls that fight hard between the lines. It is about effort, heart and will power. I hate to see something taken from the victory when a coach of a team, a mature adult... could have simply held his head high and embraced the victory instead of "rubbing" the opposition "nose's" in the dirt, by acting like Bozo. Show some Class and respect and act like you've been there. You would think that his time at Union would have "chilled" him out..Anyway, The Girls for USJ Did what they needed to do to win and I'm happy for them. Congrat's on a State Tournament Championship. The Lady Bears will continue to fight for the title, we will be back. Until next year..take care Westtnman. Travel ball here we come!

Was not at the game as my daughter's season was ended with DCA but I did here about it and see it on the video stream. That was totally classless and uncalled for. From what I've heard from a little bird this is the reason he is no longer a coach at Union... Wow, to win state and rub it in the faces of the opposing parents? What kind of example is he setting for those kids and that school?

Just a shout out to all the girls who played in those games for USJ, DA, and DCA. YOU ARE ALL CHAMPIONS! Those were some of the closest and hardest fought games I've ever seen. The pitchers kept it close, the players played with heart, bad calls only made them play with more passion. It was a few errors and close calls that decided every game. Don't let an idiot ruin the standard you set on the field.

Edited by coachcap
  • Upvote 1

Other than almost inciting a riot? LOL, He proceeded down the first base line with his fist pumping in the air, looking directly at the Davidson Fans, less than 10 ft from the fence (on the first base side) and then he took it upon himself to do his "HULK" impersonation. He must be watching to much WWE..LOL. I'm over it now, was in poor taste and took away from what both teams (the girls) had accomplished.

Other than almost inciting a riot? LOL, He proceeded down the first base line with his fist pumping in the air, looking directly at the Davidson Fans, less than 10 ft from the fence (on the first base side) and then he took it upon himself to do his "HULK" impersonation. He must be watching to much WWE..LOL. I'm over it now, was in poor taste and took away from what both teams (the girls) had accomplished.

One of the articles seems to imply the parents were instigators earlier in the week, or maybe earlier in the season.

One of the articles seems to imply the parents were instigators earlier in the week, or maybe earlier in the season.

Didn't play them in the regular season and personally wasn't involved in anything that happened, Obviously something did somewhere or sometime (based on the article). I wasn't privy to that incident. Nonetheless, it still doesn't show much composure from a Head Coach to conduct himself in that manner.

If you are a Head Coach and have issues with Parent's, there are ways to deal with it...Media, etc.

Don't take away from the significance of the victory that your kid's just experienced.

And keep in mind, Articles are Articles...go to the replay and look at the end of the game and let me know if you would appreciate your Head Coach acting in this manner. Didn't represent USJ in a good way, they have a class school and probably didn't appreciate it either.

I didn't say he should have acted in that manner, just the other school doesn't appear to be without fault in the situation.

Whatever...what's your point? Why didn't you just say that in your first post. If you read the article...The school wasn't at fault at all, it says a parent confronted him...and I don't even know if that was true. What I do know, is look at the end of the game it's on the replay.

Sounds to me like your trying to condone his actions as a school employee...and say it was justified. He (Head Coach) should hold himself to a higher Standard..wouldn't you agree?

First let me say I was at the game and was paying way more attention to the players than I was to the coach, so I did not witness the controversy. But after the game I was actually standing next to two coaches that had previous experience with the guy in other years, in other situations. Their statements were that it did not surprise them at all and was not even the worst exhibition they had seen out of the guy. Sounds like he has a history of similar antics.

Would be interesting to know what the ex-head of the TSSAA thought of it since he was there.