Reclassification

fblover

Six classifications and 8 regions. Hopefully the end of the mixed district classification system.

I wish they would adapt the Alabama/Arkansas plan but it won't happen.

They take the top 16 Teams and create the top classification. The next 16 teams become the second classification, then they divide the rest into four classes for all sports. You still have six classifications but it balances out the 1A through 4A teams into balanced and geographic groups.

Edited by bigredbird

The t$$aa will do whatever is the most $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them! What happened to the thoughts of splitting true private league and public league? The Goodpasture's, Friendships, and CPA's of the world need to play with their own kind that are giving aide! Yes, work study is aide. I will never understand how they can get away with that and the t$$aa looks the other way.

It does not matter what we talk about the money hungry t$$aa will do what they want to do. Let's see we have private schools that give aide and are allowed to compete with public schools. We have more state champions then we have trophies! We have recruiting going on everywhere and they DO NOTHING! And yes OPEN ENROLLMENT Schools should be made to report every student that goes to that school out of zone and the findings should be shown to everyone the percentage of student athletes to just students.

No reason to even talk about it.

The t$$aa will do whatever is the most $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them! What happened to the thoughts of splitting true private league and public league? The Goodpasture's, Friendships, and CPA's of the world need to play with their own kind that are giving aide! Yes, work study is aide. I will never understand how they can get away with that and the t$$aa looks the other way.

It does not matter what we talk about the money hungry t$$aa will do what they want to do. Let's see we have private schools that give aide and are allowed to compete with public schools. We have more state champions then we have trophies! We have recruiting going on everywhere and they DO NOTHING! And yes OPEN ENROLLMENT Schools should be made to report every student that goes to that school out of zone and the findings should be shown to everyone the percentage of student athletes to just students.

No reason to even talk about it.

someone call this guy a whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

• Upvote 1

I have hope one day Portland will be rolled back, but, I think that is all it is. Hope................I mean we have over 800 kids in the high school and I read where Mt. Juliet has over 800 in the Freshman class alone, I mean, come on. What about that is fair? I will say our smaller sports like volleyball, golf, and girls basketball has been able to compete, but the larger sports such as Football, baseball and basketball, have been hurt by it.

Six classifications and 8 regions. Hopefully the end of the mixed district classification system.

I wish they would adapt the Alabama/Arkansas plan but it won't happen.

They take the top 16 Teams and create the top classification. The next 16 teams become the second classification, then they divide the rest into four classes for all sports. You still have six classifications but it balances out the 1A through 4A teams into balanced and geographic groups.

For What It Is Worth - Here are the Oklahoma Classification Guidelines:

Class 6A – Largest 32 football playing schools

Class 5A – Next largest 32 football playing schools

Class 4A – Next largest 32 football playing schools

Classes 3A, 2A & A – Each of these classes will consist of approximately one-third of the total number of the remaining 11-man football playing schools.

Classes B & C – The smallest 76 Class A football playing schools that petition to play eight-man football.

The largest 40 eight-man schools will make up Class B, the remaining 36 eight-man schools will make up Class C.

What I like about Oklahoma is they cross bracket the playoffs.

:ph34r:

Edited by Red Rebels

The Board of Control meets on June 12-14 and one of the items on the agenda is the reclassification for the next 4 years. Has anyone heard any rumors about possible changes? Or possible playoff changes?

Word seems to be leaking out some and the BOC likely knows but just let football do what they want, they will anyway, Then leave the rest alone as they have been, not much travel for the District, let them work out their own treavel for Tournaments, and that will take them to the grand finale. Thats really a full season.

I have hope one day Portland will be rolled back, but, I think that is all it is. Hope................I mean we have over 800 kids in the high school and I read where Mt. Juliet has over 800 in the Freshman class alone, I mean, come on. What about that is fair? I will say our smaller sports like volleyball, golf, and girls basketball has been able to compete, but the larger sports such as Football, baseball and basketball, have been hurt by it.

According to TSSAA enrollment numbers Portland has closer to 1100 kids. They also have more students than 10 other 5-A teams. If the TSSAA keeps the district with mixed classifications Hville and possibly SC will join the ranks of 6A next year. I'm thinking that they may go straight 6 classes with 8 regions like someone earlier suggested. I don't see any way they eliminate 32 teams that create revenue in the early rounds of the playoffs. I would love to see elimination of playoff quads and rank each side 1-16.

I echo what was said above. I think the privates should compete with each other and any open enrollment school should be classified with the privates as well. Alcoa and Maryville can have a kid pay $500.00 and live out of zone to play there. That is unfair. Let them play the Ensworths, MBA's, and BA's in my opinion. This work study is nothing but recruiting. I can tell you how it worked at MTCS. You let kids weedeat and get a nice little lump of cash. Then they pay it on the tuition. No paper trail whatsoever. I know at least one athlete that did this and paid very little tuition out of pocket. Now that is a shady way of giving a scholarship and we all know the other privates in the public classification do that all the time. Get them all out.

Also I would like to see Rutherord County split up some. It gets old putting each other out early in the playoffs.