Reclassification

fblover

2nd week of July was posted somewhere.

Should be interesting....I think 33% want it, 33% don't, and 33% don't care either way.

Teams that are at the high end of classification(enrollment) don't want, teams that are

on the low end may end up on the high end and they want it.

I'm in the 33% that don't care either way, but I would like to see the other sports go to 4.

No matter how many classes 1 or 10.... Maryville will be at the top year end and year out.

Well, i think i speak for upper East Tennessee when i say that we hate the current classification. Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill are plaing in a region of teams who are not even close to being competitive to other regions. Since we are the only two 6A schools in our region we must play 5A schools in our region schedule. This is killing our team from improving. What does it help when we win every game 63-0? Therefore, i am for combining regions 1-3 to create a competitive conference even though it creates a little more travel expense. After all, we are already in year in scheduled games with Clinton and Farragut so what's the big deal? If we can travel for those games then we can travel for a couple more. I would like to hear what some of the Region two and three teams think about combining the three. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Go with 4 regular season classes. I've mentioned it again and again, but it is a good balance between the three class group they like-for local rivalries, smaller but not too small districts-and the five class group that helps ensure teams in a grouping aren't too far apart in enrollment.

Also they should put out how the regions and playoffs would work in every possible group. Three, four, five, six classes and the same with private schools all in Division II. So far we've just seen five classes with private schools remaining, and the brief explanation of "four classes wouldn't work".

Edited by Indian

Talked to a friend who was one of my former coaches and now is an administrator. Apparently the 6 class system is going to stay, it seems the coaches are in favor to go back to the 5 class system but administrators are in favor of the six. However it is a tight vote right now and it will take one vote to swing to the 5 class system.