Smith County football

scooter

The only teams on SC's schedule that I do not understand them playing is Warren County and White County. I understand why TC is not on the schedule, but you have a team like FCS that is just a 45 to 30 min trip away instead of playing a team like Warren County who, and this is in the words of a SC fan I heard at the Warren/SC game, "would lose to Red Boilin by 50 points!" I understand adding Gordonsville and Macon Co because they are rivalry games, and White House always fields a good team, but I just do not understand why a team like Smith County would schedule a Warren or White County. The last thing I want to do is question the coaching at Smith County, from being to quite a few of their games in the last couple of years and from talking to different referees they are always very well coached, but if it were me I would seek out better teams than White and Warren County.

FCS will not play us. Its hard to field a schedule sometimes. It was Warren Co or travel out of state to Alabama. White County is an up and coming team.

Guest Termite

Since when has White County been up and coming?

Sometimes there is nowhere else to go but up........

How you doing croz?? Geared up and fired up about them Tigers?

And I see where ole snowy is around............

My first thought is that he won't be able to adjust to your offense with just one summer under his belt with he team. He will probably struggle at first but with the weak schedule, you'll still have a good enough record to make it to the playoffs. Guess this is why he came to SC. He can look as good as the QB that benched him at Brentwood Academy. How's it going scooter?

I don't think the schedule is too weak at all this year. Dekalb and LA are both going to be tough. White House will be better....Gordonsville should have the best team they've had in years. White County has a new DC that will improve them greatly. Upperman has a very good coaching staff....so they will be much better. The only teams that are unknown are Cannon and Macon. Both have new coaching staffs that are unknown. Macon always plays us tough regardless...tho.

I don't see that your schedule is much...if any tougher.

I don't think the schedule is too weak at all this year. Dekalb and LA are both going to be tough. White House will be better....Gordonsville should have the best team they've had in years. White County has a new DC that will improve them greatly. Upperman has a very good coaching staff....so they will be much better. The only teams that are unknown are Cannon and Macon. Both have new coaching staffs that are unknown. Macon always plays us tough regardless...tho.

CupCakes...but there are not to many teams they can choose from but hopefully this season they want be blowing teams out by 30 and doing the same plays and get there youth some playing time so when playoffs come they will have some depth!

I know absolutely about White County, but LA, Dekalb, WH, and Gville are very tough teams and will be good. From what I heard York had a ton of injuries last year and should be better this year as well. Also the team I look to be much more improved than last is Upperman.

so will greenbrier

Dont be talking smack to me Antwan. You know you play a chump schedule year in and year out. You boys got lucky in the new redistricting. We will take what they gave us and try to make the playoff by beating a state champion contender in (Goodpasture) year in and year out. I do agree your schedules is a little tougher this year than it normally is but come on and be honest. We are playing mostly 4a schools in our district.