MTSU Baseball coach - hard to recruit... Terrible situation

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit After Hit is my son's travel team and i have never seen MTSU coach at any of their games. Just stating facts gentlemen. On this team, off the top of my head, are 1 Vanderbilt signee, 1 ETSU, 2 WKU, 1 Motlow State, and 1 Chattanooga State. Others have signed since season end.

Hit After Hit is my son's travel team and i have never seen MTSU coach at any of their games. Just stating facts gentlemen. On this team, off the top of my head, are 1 Vanderbilt signee, 1 ETSU, 2 WKU, 1 Motlow State, and 1 Chattanooga State. Others have signed since season end.

I coach a team that played HAH and after the game I talked to a staff member from MTSU. This staff member was at the game because we talked about a player or 2 in front of our dugout. He may not have had on his MTSU gear that day but he was there. Again just because you didnt see them there personally doesn't mean they weren't there.

Mags has been one of the few D1 coaches that attend local elite summer league games and tournaments on a regular basis. Most D1coaching staffs have elected to scout the 16's, 17's & 18 yr old Perfect Game tournaments along with 1 or 2 additional national tournaments. The college programs feel they can watch those games and it only takes them 3 or 4 weeks to see many of the best players in the country as opposed to watching a local summer league game every evening. IMO, you should watch a kid play 3 or 4 times before you make an offer but that's not how they do it today.

Edited by cbg

We played Hit after HIt and MTSU was there - I spoke to them after the game. We played after Hit after Hit at least twice this summer and MTSU was at both those games, yours and ours, different coaches each time. I watched Hit after Hit play another team this summer and MTSU coaches were at that game as well. Since you play most all of your games in local tournaments - including one that is ON CAMPUS AT MTSU - I gurantee they were at many of your games. Your comments are completely inaccurate and ignorant - just stating facts!!!!

Edited by govols10

I can assure you that MTSU knows Lem, 'O' and Hit After Hit and catches their games. :)

I can assure you that MTSU knows Lem, 'O' and Hit After Hit and catches their games. icon_e_smile.gif

Agreed... saw him all summer in the area. Played for Classics and although we didn't get the chance to play Hit after Hit, maybe they didn't notice all the scouts to check out their talent. Good luck to Coach M.

The recruit a lot of local talent. If your son is capable of play ball at D1 level, MTSU knows about him.

This thread has made me chuckle, lol.....maybe its like Little League, to keep the coaches from going insane, they draft the parents instead of the players....lol specially in local talent, last thing a college coach wants to hear about is why little Johnny isnt getting playing time......or it may just be what they need isnt what your sons team has. But, being lazy? Now thats a stretch. You think Facebook is a network? It has nothing on what local coaches do, whether in travel ball, high school, or college.