Beech @ Henry County- Week 1

SEC1rules

Counce heads an excellent staff but so does Crabtree at Beech. If you compare state championship teams (HC last year and Beech in 2009) you would have to say that HC had a much more talented team. How many Beech players got D1 or other offers, not many (Neal is at UT Martin and Sites is at Maryville I believe). I cannot name any others while HC had how many from last years team (Ray, Allen, Counce, Jelks, and i am sure I am leaving out some others). When you make the statement that HC is well coached I would say you are correct but no better than Beech. I have been to Paris 2 times in the last 2 years with Hville, you guys whipped us pretty good last year but not the year before. I would say in both years HC had more talent. I believe Hville is a well coached team (we don't always have the athletes of an HC but our staff gets the most out of what we have). Anyway, good luck Friday I hope it is a great game.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counce heads an excellent staff but so does Crabtree at Beech. If you compare state championship teams (HC last year and Beech in 2009) you would have to say that HC had a much more talented team. How many Beech players got D1 or other offers, not many (Neal is at UT Martin and Sites is at Maryville I believe). I cannot name any others while HC had how many from last years team (Ray, Allen, Counce, Jelks, and i am sure I am leaving out some others). When you make the statement that HC is well coached I would say you are correct but no better than Beech. I have been to Paris 2 times in the last 2 years with Hville, you guys whipped us pretty good last year but not the year before. I would say in both years HC had more talent. I believe Hville is a well coached team (we don't always have the athletes of an HC but our staff gets the most out of what we have). Anyway, good luck Friday I hope it is a great game.

We were absolutely loaded last year. 13 players signed football scholarships, including 1 to a major D1 school in Jelks. I agree about Crabtree, as I've never heard anything but positives about him. We took it to H-ville last season, but in 2010 you all were as good as anybody in the state up front. That was just a tough-nosed football team.

I'm looking forward to this one as well. Hoping for a classic. Beech is tough, but if our second half performance from Friday night carries over, this should be an excellent football game.

so i can't make a prediction without it meaning i have no respect? i have a good deal of respect for henry co, but beech is a team that's getting NO respect. i think beech wins by double digits because 1. they are up this year while hc is young, 2. it's an early season match up which will easily favor the team with more experience, 3. henry county obliterated them at beech last year so they will be looking to return the favor, and 4. they have jalen hurd. i've seen beech twice this preseason and i think hurd could be the best back out of sumner county in years.

if these two teams meet in the playoffs, it could be a different story, but this early in the season, i like beech's chances regardless of where the game is played.

Your entitled to your opinion, its just hard to believe you would predict a double digit victory when its at HC. Personally I think it will be a one score game for whoever wins it. To me this game features a young but very talented team who showed championship type heart and experience in a come from behind victory against a very talented, Beech also is a very talented team and hard nosed team with one of the best individual players in the whole state in my opinion that beat up on a team who wasn't very good. Last week we grew up and learned a lot, but we must improve from that performance. Beech did what good teams do and beat portland badly and looked crisp doing it. I think HC playing a tough team on the road helps them more coming to this week, but the biggest thing for the big red is that this is the first home game of the year and I can promise you that Patriot Nation will be out in full force for this game. That will be a big boost for HC, but beech will not back down and has the disappointment of last years game to help them get focused. This will be the premier game in all of Tennessee on FRIDAY NIGHT(Alcoa v.s Maryville is sunday). I'm extremely pumped up for this game. GO BIG RED!!!

Your entitled to your opinion, its just hard to believe you would predict a double digit victory when its at HC. Personally I think it will be a one score game for whoever wins it. To me this game features a young but very talented team who showed championship type heart and experience in a come from behind victory against a very talented, Beech also is a very talented team and hard nosed team with one of the best individual players in the whole state in my opinion that beat up on a team who wasn't very good. Last week we grew up and learned a lot, but we must improve from that performance. Beech did what good teams do and beat portland badly and looked crisp doing it. I think HC playing a tough team on the road helps them more coming to this week, but the biggest thing for the big red is that this is the first home game of the year and I can promise you that Patriot Nation will be out in full force for this game. That will be a big boost for HC, but beech will not back down and has the disappointment of last years game to help them get focused. This will be the premier game in all of Tennessee on FRIDAY NIGHT(Alcoa v.s Maryville is sunday). I'm extremely pumped up for this game. GO BIG RED!!!

it could end up being a 1 score game. who knows? it's football, the ball bounces funny ways. i just think beech has a little too much for a young opponent this early in the season.

We may be young, but we're also very talented and well coached.

We all know about Hurd and the QB, but what about the defense? They shut out Portland Friday night, but Portland isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut. Can they stop the HC rushing attack? Can they cover our 6'4" receiver? They may have some terrific offensive firepower, but they're gonna need some help from the defense if they wanna come here and win by double digits.

idk much about their defense. but i do know portland had a little bit of success moving the ball against them. i expect hc to score some points. i just think your youth will likely result in mistakes that beech will take advantage of.

idk much about their defense. but i do know portland had a little bit of success moving the ball against them. i expect hc to score some points. i just think your youth will likely result in mistakes that beech will take advantage of.

FactsOnly:

1 HC plays 2 quarters like the 4th quarter at Liberty, HC wins by alot

2 Anything less, HC wins by a lower score

So glad its that time of year again! My hats off to a scrappy Big Red squad that showed a lot of heart coming back from near certain defeat. I was in the stands thinking, "well, I guess this is just going to be a rebuilding year." And then halfway through the 3rd qtr, BAM! It looked like we picked up right where we left off in December! Very proud Patriot Fan!

Looking forward to a great contest coming up this week kicking off the home crowd and tailgating activities. I'm definitely excited about this one! Go Big RED!!!

I think it will be a very good game, specially after watching Beech do what they did to us Friday night. BUT, 1. we played sloppy, too many snaps on the ground and while running the veer, that will kill any offense. 2. We killed ourselves with turnovers and penalties. 3. We had 13 first downs that I can remember, some through our offense and some through penalties by Beech, we were given too many opportunities that we did not capitalize on and should have. 4. Henry County is not the smallest school in our district (football team wise) like we are and should be a favorable match-up. Bottom line, Beech has a fantastic team, mostly centered around Hurd, the passes that were completed by Beech (and Im taking nothing away from their QB, he is a great kid), the receivers were wiiiiiiidddddddddeeee open due to the corners and safeties not taking their eyes off of Hurd, lol. But, that is what makes their offense effective. It should be a good test for both teams. Good luck to both.

I think it will be a very good game, specially after watching Beech do what they did to us Friday night. BUT, 1. we played sloppy, too many snaps on the ground and while running the veer, that will kill any offense. 2. We killed ourselves with turnovers and penalties. 3. We had 13 first downs that I can remember, some through our offense and some through penalties by Beech, we were given too many opportunities that we did not capitalize on and should have. 4. Henry County is not the smallest school in our district (football team wise) like we are and should be a favorable match-up. Bottom line, Beech has a fantastic team, mostly centered around Hurd, the passes that were completed by Beech (and Im taking nothing away from their QB, he is a great kid), the receivers were wiiiiiiidddddddddeeee open due to the corners and safeties not taking their eyes off of Hurd, lol. But, that is what makes their offense effective. It should be a good test for both teams. Good luck to both.

I will admit the first couple of drives by portland had beech kids heads on a swivle. But once the lads calmed down and played football the defence looked real good. I look for the defence to grow up some more this week. I predict Beech wins 28-13.

I will admit the first couple of drives by portland had beech kids heads on a swivle. But once the lads calmed down and played football the defence looked real good. I look for the defence to grow up some more this week. I predict Beech wins 28-13.

It was funny, we go to the veer offense, and actually threw it a lot that night. They have some things to work on, but we are miles a head of where we were last year with moving the ball. It may not have shown Friday night, but, for our size, the veer was the smartest move they could have made. They just have to get better at snapping it shotgun on every play, timing is way too off to have to stop and pick the ball up, lol.....funny, my son #27 is a freshmen and got to play the last quarter. He ended with 2 solo tackles and a 18 yard loss on a low snap (he should have handled it though). In the car later I said, son, way to start your high school career, first varsity snap and ya lost 18 yards, ha ha...he looked up and said, yea, it could have been worse, instead of Zander tackling me he could have ran it back for a touchdown....ya got a point son. lol.