Greenback vs Oliver springs

orngnblk

Well I just gotta say I can't see this one being very close. No disrespect to OS but the Kee's have a solid team this year that seems much improved from last season & they were a pretty dang good bunch last year. It just looked like they have really meshed as a team. Are they perfect? Absolutely not, they are however a team. Meaning that from the line to the receivers you can see all 11 working toward the same goal. I was impressed with the execution of assignments on offense & the D played very diciplined "alignment / assignment" football if you will. They have some size but are not the biggest team around. They have some quickness but aren't gonna burn by everybody they play. Definitely strong but probably not the strongest most teams will have on their schedule. They just seem to have one of "those" teams this year. They just play quality "team" football & have the players in place to have a dad gummed talented bunch that make up that team. If you have ever saw a group like I'm describing before then you know what I mean. If not then go watch them one week & you'll see. They reminded me of the Greenback & Oneida teams of 2008 but I will say while this team may not be as flashy or primetime to watch as the '08 Kee's they looked like a more unified & powerful unit overall. Don't take that as they don't have flash 'cause they do. They're very capable of scoring on any given play from anywhere on the field. Just less glitter & more chrome if you know what I mean. I don't know if they can get a gold ball or not this year but they have a very good chance at rattling some cages in November that's for sure. Wanted to end by saying congrats to Greenback on a nice win over Oneida. Oneida looked to be shooting themselves in the foot all night. I'd have to say that y'all had a lot to do with that. Hope you get it done from here on out, I'll be pulling for ya.

Must be a gag order on this one!OS talked it up last yr,must have graduated the fans also???????I already miss smashmouth:(

Actually there's not much to say. This OS group has been hit with some really tough situations beginning with the death of a player this past May, the starting center breaking his foot in our first scrimmage of the season, our all state LB being diagnosised with mono the Sunday prior to our season opener, and what we hope will be the last of our misfortunes this season, one of our returning RB's was in a near fatal ATV accident this past Saturday.

Really don't think there is much else to say.

I think the Greenback fans are talking enough for everyone. The OS coaching staff, players, and community have been faced with more adversity in the past 4 months than most people go through in years. The loss of a very gifted and loved returning player, injuries and illness sidelining key players, and then the near fatal injury to a the senior this past weekend. Not to mention this is a team that lost 22 seniors. I hope the OS community will support these players and coaches just as much as they did in the semi finals last year because win or lose this season I guarantee they are working just as hard if not harder.

• Upvote 1

I think the Greenback fans are talking enough for everyone. The OS coaching staff, players, and community have been faced with more adversity in the past 4 months than most people go through in years. The loss of a very gifted and loved returning player, injuries and illness sidelining key players, and then the near fatal injury to a the senior this past weekend. Not to mention this is a team that lost 22 seniors. I hope the OS community will support these players and coaches just as much as they did in the semi finals last year because win or lose this season I guarantee they are working just as hard if not harder.

+1

I was unaware all of this had happened. Our prayers are with the family & friends of these young men.

i knew about the fatal accident and really hated to hear about it,just wanting to talk some football not trying to make bad situation worse.On the way home from Oneida my middle son(who played and graduated last yr)was in a terrible wreck sat morn on way back from game he fell asleep and tore the whole right side of his 4-runner off-doors and all!fortunately he didnt get a scratch.So i understand about the near fatal stuff,Just glad we have a lord up above us that watches over our young ones when we cant.I do hope all gets better for you all as a community.
  • Upvote 1

i knew about the fatal accident and really hated to hear about it,just wanting to talk some football not trying to make bad situation worse.On the way home from Oneida my middle son(who played and graduated last yr)was in a terrible wreck sat morn on way back from game he fell asleep and tore the whole right side of his 4-runner off-doors and all!fortunately he didnt get a scratch.So i understand about the near fatal stuff,Just glad we have a lord up above us that watches over our young ones when we cant.I do hope all gets better for you all as a community.

thumb[1].gif