Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game for both teams.

Here's my synopsis.

It hurt not having McCoy or Swaim. But with McCoy, the bed was made; it has to be lied in.

With Swaim, will have to get used to it for the rest of the year.

Kudos to SC's line, they won on both sides of the ball. Jalen had some good holes to run through, he didn't get touched alot of times till he got to the second level,and Cason and Watson didn't have as much room.

Special teams, IMO, played a HUGE part in this game.

I didn't see the penalty that allowed Gville to kick from SC's 45, but you don't kick it to a player like Manning.

He was lined up on the hash and he didn't have to move far to catch it, and our least experienced players on the kickoff team were on that side. It was similar when #14 had the big return.

Gville's 2 minute offense before the half was horrendous.

I also don't understand how you get delay of game when you're running a no huddle. These three things come down to one thing, I'll let you guys fill in the blank.

I did like Gville throwing deep until SC adjusted, and I'm surprised they adjusted so late. For the majority of the game their deepest defender was only 6 to 7 yards off the ball.

I thought the refs did a pretty fair job. I didn't see the unsportsmanlike penaly on Gville that made them go for 2 from the 18.

In that situation, if it isn't over the top, I think you keep the flag in your pocket, but it turned out to be huge.

Someone else on here may have seen something to warrant the flag. I didn't so ya'll can fill me in.

That and Manning's kickoff return was to me the 2 biggest plays that cost us.

In the end, SC did enough to come out with the win. Congrats to them, and I hope they win the rest of em.

Now I have a sermon to prepare for Sunday, so I won't be on here much the rest of night. Happy Posting.thumb[1].gif

Gville also finally started using the TE late, and it worked.

Mistakes by SC kept the Tiggers in the game. SC has a seem problem they must get fixed. D-line played great. O-line played great. Good to see us running the ball more from the I formation. Congratulations to the Owls! Good luck to the Tiggers the rest of the season. We will cheer for ya from hear on out.

Mistakes by SC kept the Tiggers in the game. SC has a seem problem they must get fixed. D-line played great. O-line played great. Good to see us running the ball more from the I formation. Congratulations to the Owls! Good luck to the Tiggers the rest of the season. We will cheer for ya from hear on out.

gville made just as many mistakes. sc kick return and g-ville excessive celebration were the deciding factors.