Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gville made just as many mistakes. sc kick return and g-ville excessive celebration were the deciding factors.

I will have to disagree with you on that statement snowy. Deciding factors were SC's front seven shut the run down and contained Watson's scrambling. Plus being more physical and controlling the Los. When the defense has 9 men in the box and your still getting 10+ yards every time you run the ball (from the I), that's not bad. Great game to watch. Secondary only has a week before mcoin comes to town. Better make the most of it.

I will have to disagree with you on that statement snowy. Deciding factors were SC's front seven shut the run down and contained Watson's scrambling. Plus being more physical and controlling the Los. When the defense has 9 men in the box and your still getting 10+ yards every time you run the ball (from the I), that's not bad. Great game to watch. Secondary only has a week before mcoin comes to town. Better make the most of it.

the line played well but with out that return the score is 21-27. kicking game put y'all over the top, it was a great return, btw.

Good thing kicking game is part of the game! However it was a good ballgame but there were some flags that should have been thrown when they were not. Pass interference couple times on gville but I agreed. With all the other calls that were made besides on sc pass interference when receiver tripped and cause the defender to. All in all good game and good luck gville. Smith county is keeping the streak alive.

the line played well but with out that return the score is 21-27. kicking game put y'all over the top, it was a great return, btw.

The score would be different if you take out several other plays also. Gville long punt return that set up a score, anyone of the 3 bombs they hit, mannings 40+ yard run, many others including the ko return. But as far as the entire game as a whole, not just one play I stick with my previous post. Do your jackets play gville in two weeks?

Congrats to the owls and good luck the rest of the way.

For the most part, i agree with croz's assessment, however I felt we got out-coached.

When we werent in the hurry up, it took forever to get some of the plays in, resulting in untimely , and costly timeouts. Coaches used a timeout when watson lost his helmet and had to come out for a play, thinking he could return after the timeout, which wasnt the case. Went the last 7 minutes without a timeout.

I also dont think we adjusted well during the game to what the Smith co coaches were trying to do. We were reactive instead of proactive, especially on the defensive side and allowed them to dictate how we had to play (which may have been a direct result of mccoy being out).

GHS wasted a ton of big plays with penalties, again a sign of coaching. (How many times were they inside the 35 tonight and came away with nothing, 4?)

And worst of all, cason semi-spiking/throwing of the ball, when we couldve tied it, was indeed excessive celebration, (didnt hit the ref by the way, but did go by him.) and that is lack of discipline, which to me is a coaching issue. I really thought we would show maturity this season and silence the doubters, and now im a doubter that we've changed. How is this still happening, that the boys can't keep it together for 4 quarters? Very aggravating! We're in for a long next couple weeks i think.

Smith Co looked as good as ive seen in yrs on defense, especially with the db's selling out to stop the run. They had very good closing speed but it cost them on the deep balls, which could hurt them down the road.

Ill hand it to Gville, they couldve folded and stopped fighting, but they kept trying til the end. They didnt lose from lack of heart. I just think in big games Gville doesnt play well when theyre coming from behind. They better figure out how to get up on teams and put the pressure on the opponent if they want to win later on in the playoffs.

Gordonsville, I'm in this for the long haul this year. Im still rooting you on. I hope we can fix some of this soon because the playoffs will be here before you know it, and oh look, south pitt killed grundy co tonight, are we ready? Better get ourselves together, sooner rather than later.

See you at turney ford field next week.

I know I will get some biased reactions, after reading this thread I believe I can also get some honest opinions. I have been watching both Smith County and Gordonsville sports only a short time trying to make a decision on a possible move to Smith County. It is my understanding that your child can go to either school in the county. I am wanting some honest opinions on the coaching at both schools for boy sports. I am interested in things such as: experience, their ability to get the most out of a player, do they have kids themselves in the school who are also playing and do they play some players as a trade off so their child will play on someone elses team, basically do they pick the best line up from their talent, how a big a role do politics within the community play. I am looking for the school that utlizes their best talent, I am not interested in playing any type of political games, I simply want to be a spectator, watch some good athletic events and want the best place for my children. I don't need any opinions on any players, whatever decison is made I know as a new student, you have to work hard regardless.

I would choose smith co high school..their coaching staff is excellent..they offer a wide selection of classes to students..ap. classes also wich count towards college credit..even added an engineering class just this year..their staff is top notch in my opinion..my son is a freshman on the team this year..definately not the best athlete in the world..but let me tell you they work with him every practice doin drills and such to help improve his skills..I am not biased towards smith county as this is my first experience with them and have been nothing but pleased..lots of oppurtunity for a kid that's willing to work hard..sports include soccer..football..basketball..golf..baseball..for the girls they. Have volleyball..fastpitch softball..basketball..cheerleading and a dance team..also have a decent band..a child that attends sc that has a good attitude and is willing to work hard will succeed..political aspect..I have no political pull nor do I really know many people there and my kid has alllways seems to have the same oppurtunity as every other student there.