Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

There it is........I was wondering who would be the "1st" to play that 1A card. I kinda figured it would be a Tiger.......but no........it's a HempHead. Is this the best you got...."you beat a 1A school by 1 point"? When all else fails....put out the "1A school" line. You might want to reconsider your pathic attempt at a slam there Cheech. That "1A" school just might put a whooping on YOUR 2A school. How embarassing would that be?

And "big deal'? It was to them.........

Nah Bruh, beating a 1A school by 1 point was the best you got. cool.png

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the feedback. We are not moving for academics or sports, this move would be for family reasons. I have three children: one in high school which is not an athlete but has a solid academic base, and currently one 7th grade boy who is naturally athletic and is not that interested in studying and a 6th grade boy who loves playing sports, has the heart of an athlete but not quite the natural ability as he would wish and he doesn't mind studying. Moving 3 kids at this age who have been involved in a lot of activities is not an easy mountain to climb. Sports are great for kids, I personally think academics are more important because the majority of high school athletes do not go on to play after high school. Just like the majority of people on here with children, if my children want to participate in sports I want them to have the opportunity so I will let them tryout for any sport they want, just as I want them to have the opportunity to go to college. Since I do have 2 children who are into sports I knew I could get some good feedback here, I have already checked on the academic aspects of both schools. One reason I ask on a football thread is one child loves football and the other basketball, I'm just trying to look at all angles and all of your feedback is greatly appreciated. As far as the private thing goes, if my child can get a good education at a public school I would rather spend my money on AAU or travel baseball, we can go and see a lot of places as a family and you can meet some great life long friends. Thanks again for your feedback.

You got awful quiet FNL12.......I'm kind of anxious to see your assessment of why G-ville lost this game. Dropped interceptions, penalties, or turnovers.

LINE ADVANTAGE? I believe SCs 2+ year starters ( that are not the best on the field) hogs won that battle..on both sides of the ball.

Yelp... 53 and 77 are difficult for MOST teams. Evidently SC isn't one of those teams. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

Not trying to be quiet, just first opportunity to read and respond. Here is my opinion, for what it is worth. Carthage won and that is the bottom line. I have to admit, is was very surprised with the line play. We just ran out of gas at times. I thought #77 played his butt off and made plays all night. #25 for Carthage played to his potential last night. Carthage Coaching staff finally realized to give it to him and let him run and not get too fancy like they tend to do sometimes (that statement came from two Carthage fans). When Carthage had scoring opportunities they made the best of them which is what good teams do. It was very clear the Defensive game plan for Carthage was to stop or slow down #16 and not let him beat them with his legs and they were very successful. #28 for Carthage is a very good LB/DE. #15 for Carthage also made a huge play on Gordonsville's opening drive when he tackled #16 for a loss on the naked boot leg. Gordonsville left two touchdowns on the field last night when #16 just over threw #18 who blew by the secondary and was wide open for a touchdown and #53 just dropped the attempted screen pass by Carthage which would have been an easy touchdown (it hit him right in the hands and he just tried to run before he had it under control). So that was 12-14 points we left on the field last night. I say 12-14 because our kicking game is suspect at best (placekicking). We must find a way to kick an extra point consistently!! Carthage made the best of their opportunities, we didn't and that is part of the game. I for one wished we had kicked an onside kick when we kicked from the Carthage 45. It would have been a safe call, not giving up alot of field position and would of had the opportunity to have it come back to us. The penalty after the touchdown run by #7, well, i have my thoughts on that. While I was there watching the game I also listened to it on the radio and the announcers said something that made alot of sense. The referee made the correct call by T$$AA rules and the radio announcers agreed but it was also said and I agree with them that this is a rule that should be reevaluated. This was not a "flagrant" or "unsportman like" foul. When 15 to 17 year old kids are in such big games like this and they score a touchdown that could lead to tieing up a game of this magnitude, they get excited and should be excited. What he did was nothing negative in anyway and played to part in the outcome of the game. The call on the field did play a possible role in the outcome as we had to go for our 2 point conversion from the 17 yard line. It was the correct call by rule and I am not blaming the officiating. What #7 did was emotionally react to the play itself and not to anyone or anybody in a "flagrant or Unsportman like way". I would say the same thing had it been someone from another team. The rule is the rule and we have to live with it but I would hope the T$$AA would reevalute this. I agree with what Croz said about this too. I thought #7 had a very good game on both sides of the ball. McCoy and Swaim being out did not help us but it is what it is. Penalties on both sides were a factor, especially in playcalling for both teams. I thought the effort on both sides was exceptional. It was a hard fought, physical contest like they usually are. Good Luck to Carthage the rest of the way. They have very good kids. Gordonsville needs to be ready to face a much more explosive offense next week. Hey Termie, see you during the second round of the playoffs after you guys take your first round medicine and you have to come to Gordonsville to watch some highschool football, lol. Tell Glover we look forward again to seeing him in uniform for security in the playoffs, lol.

Guest Termite

Thats why they won't get past the second round of the playoffs...as usual. popcorneater.gif

I just feel warm and fuzzy all over knowing you are concerned about how far goes in the playoffs. I'm trying to remember....how far did TC get last year?? Oh, that's right...I don't care.

Them owls showed up last night!! Gville thought they was coming in to the hole and snatching a victory away from us. No way! SC showed up in them all gold uniforms, looking good, and dominated in the trenches where everyone thought they would get dominated. But gville has a heck of a team, good luck to them the rest of the way. As for SC, LA is coming here to fight and kill, we play to our potential and we will be fine. They gotta stop manning.

WTD!

GO BIG OWLS!!

Them owls showed up last night!! Gville thought they was coming in to the hole and snatching a victory away from us. No way! SC showed up in them all gold uniforms, looking good, and dominated in the trenches where everyone thought they would get dominated. But gville has a heck of a team, good luck to them the rest of the way. As for SC, LA is coming here to fight and kill, we play to our potential and we will be fine. They gotta stop manning.

WTD!

GO BIG OWLS!!

Not trying to start trash talking, but if any team is just worried about stopping one player only, they need to just forfeit. Manning wouldn't be so good without a line...so maybe that would be a key, too? As for stopping, Livingston has a very talented back, and quarterback, as well. That will be the best District 8AA game (not believing ANY of the hype about DeKalb or Upperman) this season. Would be there, but I am on the field working the UT/NC State game.

Edited by King21