Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to start trash talking, but if any team is just worried about stopping one player only, they need to just forfeit. Manning wouldn't be so good without a line...so maybe that would be a key, too? As for stopping, Livingston has a very talented back, and quarterback, as well. That will be the best District 8AA game (not believing ANY of the hype about DeKalb or Upperman) this season. Would be there, but I am on the field working the UT/NC State game.

You know what I mean. Yes the line is how #25 gets his runs. Let me say more then, our line, both sides, works their butts off each game.

I just feel warm and fuzzy all over knowing you are concerned about how far goes in the playoffs. I'm trying to remember....how far did TC get last year?? Oh, that's right...I don't care.

Its never to late to hop a seat on the Hartsville bandwagon, Terdmite. :flower: You know.... You could be like Grunt.....but from Carthrage. :flower:

Mistakes by SC kept the Tiggers in the game. SC has a seem problem they must get fixed. D-line played great. O-line played great. Good to see us running the ball more from the I formation. Congratulations to the Owls! Good luck to the Tiggers the rest of the season. We will cheer for ya from hear on out.

I agree there is a "seem" Problem. "Seems" to me that your secondary is not very good and was out of position all night and no one "seemed" to fix it. If Gordonsville can throw for 230+ yards on your secondary, "seems" to me Livingston and Dekalb will begin singing "Oh Christmas Tree" because they will light Carthage up like one, LOL. Your DL and OL did play very well. Carthage and Gordonsville both had similar mistakes so dont say your mistakes kept Gordonsville in the game. Gordonsville kept themselves in the game by continuing to play hard and not giving up. Both teams gave great effort.

Guest Termite

I agree there is a "seem" Problem. "Seems" to me that your secondary is not very good and was out of position all night and no one "seemed" to fix it. If Gordonsville can throw for 230+ yards on your secondary, "seems" to me Livingston and Dekalb will begin singing "Oh Christmas Tree" because they will light Carthage up like one, LOL. Your DL and OL did play very well. Carthage and Gordonsville both had similar mistakes so dont say your mistakes kept Gordonsville in the game. Gordonsville kept themselves in the game by continuing to play hard and not giving up. Both teams gave great effort.

Your coaches,whom you said have been around a long time and know what it takes to win. Have been extremely successful at all levels 1A-6A "SEEMS" to have gotton out coached. I recall "line play is definitely in G-villes advantage"and " in pure overall talent G-ville is a little better up front" "SEEMS" not.

You've made previous assumptons that "SEEMS" to be ......how should I put this......unfounded.

"SEEMS" to me that SC was daring G-ville to beat them throwing......SEEMS they couldn't do it.

Guest Termite

Its never to late to hop a seat on the Hartsville bandwagon, Terdmite. flower.gif You know.... You could be like Grunt.....but from Carthrage. flower.gif

Daisy...it must really be tough not having a "real" team of your own and having to "closet coattail " TC or SC. Keep you head up. It will be OK. Layflatt has a good team every 15 years or so........ icon_lol.gif

Not trying to be quiet, just first opportunity to read and respond. Here is my opinion, for what it is worth. Carthage won and that is the bottom line. I have to admit, is was very surprised with the line play. We just ran out of gas at times. I thought #77 played his butt off and made plays all night. #25 for Carthage played to his potential last night. Carthage Coaching staff finally realized to give it to him and let him run and not get too fancy like they tend to do sometimes (that statement came from two Carthage fans). When Carthage had scoring opportunities they made the best of them which is what good teams do. It was very clear the Defensive game plan for Carthage was to stop or slow down #16 and not let him beat them with his legs and they were very successful. #28 for Carthage is a very good LB/DE. #15 for Carthage also made a huge play on Gordonsville's opening drive when he tackled #16 for a loss on the naked boot leg. Gordonsville left two touchdowns on the field last night when #16 just over threw #18 who blew by the secondary and was wide open for a touchdown and #53 just dropped the attempted screen pass by Carthage which would have been an easy touchdown (it hit him right in the hands and he just tried to run before he had it under control). So that was 12-14 points we left on the field last night. I say 12-14 because our kicking game is suspect at best (placekicking). We must find a way to kick an extra point consistently!! Carthage made the best of their opportunities, we didn't and that is part of the game. I for one wished we had kicked an onside kick when we kicked from the Carthage 45. It would have been a safe call, not giving up alot of field position and would of had the opportunity to have it come back to us. The penalty after the touchdown run by #7, well, i have my thoughts on that. While I was there watching the game I also listened to it on the radio and the announcers said something that made alot of sense. The referee made the correct call by T$$AA rules and the radio announcers agreed but it was also said and I agree with them that this is a rule that should be reevaluated. This was not a "flagrant" or "unsportman like" foul. When 15 to 17 year old kids are in such big games like this and they score a touchdown that could lead to tieing up a game of this magnitude, they get excited and should be excited. What he did was nothing negative in anyway and played to part in the outcome of the game. The call on the field did play a possible role in the outcome as we had to go for our 2 point conversion from the 17 yard line. It was the correct call by rule and I am not blaming the officiating. What #7 did was emotionally react to the play itself and not to anyone or anybody in a "flagrant or Unsportman like way". I would say the same thing had it been someone from another team. The rule is the rule and we have to live with it but I would hope the T$$AA would reevalute this. I agree with what Croz said about this too. I thought #7 had a very good game on both sides of the ball. McCoy and Swaim being out did not help us but it is what it is. Penalties on both sides were a factor, especially in playcalling for both teams. I thought the effort on both sides was exceptional. It was a hard fought, physical contest like they usually are. Good Luck to Carthage the rest of the way. They have very good kids. Gordonsville needs to be ready to face a much more explosive offense next week. Hey Termie, see you during the second round of the playoffs after you guys take your first round medicine and you have to come to Gordonsville to watch some highschool football, lol. Tell Glover we look forward again to seeing him in uniform for security in the playoffs, lol.

Broken Record!

Your coaches,whom you said have been around a long time and know what it takes to win. Have been extremely successful at all levels 1A-6A "SEEMS" to have gotton out coached. I recall "line play is definitely in G-villes advantage"and " in pure overall talent G-ville is a little better up front" "SEEMS" not.

You've made previous assumptons that "SEEMS" to be ......how should I put this......unfounded.

"SEEMS" to me that SC was daring G-ville to beat them throwing......SEEMS they couldn't do it.

I stand by what I said, just like i will stand by what I said since then such as the Carthage DL and OL played very well and, yes, I am surprised about the play in the trenches last night as probably 75-80% of the people on here are. I am not the only one who has said some the statements above. Our coaches do know what it takes to win. There were times last night both staffs needed to be questioned but that is easy for us to do sitting or standing and not being on the field. In a 28-27 game like last night both teams can look at areas they need to improve and get better. I can promise you that when Livinston and/or Dekalb beat Carthage you will come on here and give reasons for the defeat. That's ok because sometimes there are reasons for losses. Yes, #25 had a great game against us and yes your defense did what it was suppose to do and keep our #16 from beating you with his legs. Those two things played a role in your win last night. But we also helped by missing out on two easy touchdowns that were there for us to take and we didn't. We also didn't hit an extra point. That is our fault. Plus, even you have to admit, the penalty that made us go for two from the 17 yard line played a huge factor. The right call but a bad rule. I would actually like to hear what your opinion is on that rule, is it possible we might agree on that?

FNL, A rule is a rule whether me and you like it or not. Once again Gville showed a lack of discipline by throwing the ball after a score when they could have dropped it or tossed it back to the ref. #7 knew good and well he could possibly be flagged for what he did and if he didn't know that's awful coaching on your staffs part.

Guest Termite

I stand by what I said, just like i will stand by what I said since then such as the Carthage DL and OL played very well and, yes, I am surprised about the play in the trenches last night as probably 75-80% of the people on here are. I am not the only one who has said some the statements above. Our coaches do know what it takes to win. There were times last night both staffs needed to be questioned but that is easy for us to do sitting or standing and not being on the field. In a 28-27 game like last night both teams can look at areas they need to improve and get better. I can promise you that when Livinston and/or Dekalb beat Carthage you will come on here and give reasons for the defeat. That's ok because sometimes there are reasons for losses. Yes, #25 had a great game against us and yes your defense did what it was suppose to do and keep our #16 from beating you with his legs. Those two things played a role in your win last night. But we also helped by missing out on two easy touchdowns that were there for us to take and we didn't. We also didn't hit an extra point. That is our fault. Plus, even you have to admit, the penalty that made us go for two from the 17 yard line played a huge factor. The right call but a bad rule. I would actually like to hear what your opinion is on that rule, is it possible we might agree on that?

You are fun to poke at. I kinda knew you would hi- lite the "missed opportunities and the penality. You can't help it.

I think your kinda stuck on the best team didn't win and have been since 09. There's always a reason for any loss. SOMETIMES, just SOMETIMES, the best team wins.Come on....let me hear you say it....the best team won in 2009-2011 and now 2012. IF in your opinion the best team didn't win, at least 1 of those 3, what does that say for G-ville? When DC and LA beats Carthage???

When?? What happened to IF?? Kinda putting the cart before the horse ain't you??

The penality.......and I hate this saying........Is what it is. Sounds and seems petty, but without it......where do you draw the line?

Spiking or throwing the ball down hard. Was it spiked? Not really a spike was it? Did he throw it down? How hard did he throw it down. Not very hard? It wasn't a throw , it was a toss. Was it tossed down too hard? Did it hit the ref? What if it did. What if it didn't. There are calls....such as this...that are questionable. Pass interference.He didn't touch him.He hit him early, he hit him the same time the ball got there. It was incidental.

Roughing the passer...he wasn't hit hard, he was acting, he still had the ball. He had JUST let go of the ball. The ball had been gone 5 seconds.

Everybody says...the kid gets caught up in the moment and excitement,but forgets the Ref who has to make a split second judgement call. What if he dont make that call....and the next time SC scores the ball gets thrown down.....maybe a little harder? What then? Where do you draw the line?

Why is everybody actin like sc win over gville isnt that big? I venture to say that gordonsville could compete with most 3a schools around here..gordonsville is a VERY good football team. And being able to limit their run game like sc did is impressive. Sc dominated a highly experienced line on both sides of the ball..if we can get our pass coverage down we should have an awesome season..not sold on dekalb and la yet tho..all this talk means nothin..lets see them on the field..after all..wasnt gvilles line suppose to wipe the floor with our tails? Did it happen? Not even close