MBA vs. Trinity

BigRedDog00

OmahaVol, williamsoncounty et al should be served up some big servings of CROW....

The BA people will tell you that you underestimate an MBA team at great peril.

Trinity had the better team, and played the better game. MBA needed to play a nearly flawless game, and didn't. They had 3 turnovers, and 2 botched snaps (one cost the a PAT, the other occurred on 4th and short). MBA appeared to have worn down the Trinity defense, although Trinity came up with big plays when they had to have them. I wasn't happy with the final score, but it was an extremely well-played game between two good teams.

trust me, i don't know of any BA person that will tell you MBA Is not a good team. and they sure would have beaten us tonite. Very poorly played game by BA. It was painful to watch. IF we come out like that next fri vs MBA we'll get our tails whopped. May even if we play well. Congrats to MBA - we were watching on our phones. I thought they'd pull it out. Certainly says good things for TN football. well done

I was at this game Trinity is not what they were last year up front they will have a tougher year b/c their season gets much tougher when they play the private schools from Ohio but good lord James Quick is the man. He makes good FB players look like little league players.He should have gotten the ball more. Coach from Trinity get the ball to your best player how hard is that?

I loved to see the improvement in the defense from latst year, and I was glad that MBA came out and was more physical than Trinity. Trinity has some very impressive players, especially in open space. It's never good to lose the game, but a lot of positive take aways for the Big Red. I was most excited to see Jamie Redmond on the sideline.

I saw one of the best high school games I have ever seen Friday night between MBA and Trinity. It was a tough well played game. Coach Beatty of Trinity said in a Louisville paper that they expected a tough game." MBA has an excellent team, is well coached, has great receivers and one of the best quarterbacks in Nashville". "We were able to put together a good fourth quarter, hold on and get out with a victory" he stated.

trust me, i don't know of any BA person that will tell you MBA Is not a good team. and they sure would have beaten us tonite. Very poorly played game by BA. It was painful to watch. IF we come out like that next fri vs MBA we'll get our tails whopped. May even if we play well. Congrats to MBA - we were watching on our phones. I thought they'd pull it out. Certainly says good things for TN football. well done

No aspersion intended. Several years ago on here, one of the BA posters mentioned how he felt BA had overlooked MBA, with disastrous results. For my part, I've remarked several times that the BA posters on here were my favorites. They knew football, they were articulate, gracious when they won and classy when they didn't. Sadly, most have left because years of being told for years that your athletic accomplishments are all the result of cheating. The result is the sound of crickets you currently hear.

Looks like I need to eat a bit of crow myself. I didn't think the Big Red had enought to keep it close. I'm not one for moral victories, but the team certainly showed me a lot. Was really impressed by the defense in all areas. Coach Brown had that d-line fired up and ready. I think their ability to get to the quarterback really made a difference. One or two plays and we potentially win. Excited for the rest of the season.

Roll Red.

OmahaVol, williamsoncounty et al should be served up some big servings of CROW....

I have no problem eating crow for that. I love it when TN represents itself with a solid performance against a national power. Well done, MBA! It looks like Ensworth and MUS are both solid this year. Ensworth routed a somewhat decent Lex Cath team(top 5-10 in KY) 62-14 and MUS was impressive knocking off the defending AR state champs(Fayetteville) 42-20. Ensworth could be something special this year. I wish they would've played Trinity. I wish Ensworth would've scheduled an OOS powerhouse. This would've been the year to do it.

I have no problem eating crow for that. I love it when TN represents itself with a solid performance against a national power. Well done, MBA! It looks like Ensworth and MUS are both solid this year. Ensworth routed a somewhat decent Lex Cath team(top 5-10 in KY) 62-14 and MUS was impressive knocking off the defending AR state champs(Fayetteville) 42-20. Ensworth could be something special this year. I wish they would've played Trinity. I wish Ensworth would've scheduled an OOS powerhouse. This would've been the year to do it.

I wish they would have not backed out of the Blount County Bowl and played the best ITS powerhouses!bored.gif