Sequoyah Chiefs vs Meigs County Tigers

dumdum

The Chiefs take this one easy, they should stay undefeated for a while, looking their schedule. I could only see them losing 2 games the entire season which is a step in the right direction for this program. The next step would be stop playing a JV schedule and actually play teams that can walk and chew gum at the same time but hey I guess you have to start somewhere right.

Kids are playing real hard!! Biggest improvement is the offense. QB is playing awesome,being a leader and making plays, many weapons,45,44,7,6,17, so many can't rember them all!! Real good speed at skill postions. Who ever is calling the plays this year knows what he is doing. HUGE improvement on understanding and attacking base defenses at there weakest points. Including running plays in response to how the defense responds. Also using formations to put the defense in conflict and knowing where to attack that weakness. Very Very impressive!! Offensive line is much improved, they need to just focus as a unit on being very physical every play running there feet till the whistle, DOMINATE every play. They had OL looking to hit people last night. Down the stretch if the OL will crank it up from a physical standpoint as a unit,,, they will be hard to stop on offense, with the vastly improved playing calling based on understanding how to attack defenses, they are and will be a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

Defense needs some work. Nothing wrong with the scheme, they just need to get more of an attitude and bring it. DL must improve and hold there gaps to occupy OL and let LB's make plays. Got some real good athletes at LB. LB's need to work on trusting there read keys,proper first steps from the reads and angles off there steps, and they will be very very good. Secondary needs to take there job more serious and play with zero mental mistakes, Listen to coach Black and focus every play, you can't have mental breakdowns back there. Own the turff back there and if yoiu come back here your gonna pay

Overall a great looking group of kids!!!! with tons of potential GO CHIEFS!!!!

Edited by DrDave

The Chiefs take this one easy, they should stay undefeated for a while, looking their schedule. I could only see them losing 2 games the entire season which is a step in the right direction for this program. The next step would be stop playing a JV schedule and actually play teams that can walk and chew gum at the same time but hey I guess you have to start somewhere right.

Chiefs might be enjoying the run in 2012. Will be moving up to play with the big boys on 2013 as they are now a legitimate 5A school. Will see a big change in their schedule in 2013 but good luck the rest of the way this year.

Meigs is a district game-How can that be a JV sched?Good job seq.Hope you all have a great yr.GB scrimmed at Meigs before season handled them easy,so i expect the cheifs to roll hard into and out of tiger territory!This will be another BIG win.Good luck chiefs.

JV schedule because meigs is aweful. I was referring to the schedule in general, outside of Louden, Lenior City and Polk, there are not teams that will come close to making the playoffs, but I also realize you can only beat who you play, I would just like to see how good SHS really is but you will not get to see that until LC plays them.