Livingston Academy @ Smith County

originalSC3

I just want to post because I've stayed quit, and away from the trash talk. But this is LA's season. I've listened to people talk and hype up the Carter boys and Mr. Manning, and a transfer qb from Brentwood and bottom line this is a SPECIAL class that LA has. Brock could be the most dynamic and electrifying player in the state, he's got an arm like his daddy who went pro and the agilility and elesuvines of a scat back. Not sure if he will be a quarterback at the college level or a DB like his brother but regardless he is special. Creed Hayes is a solid fundamentally sound runner and when he has a full head of steam nobody will catch him, he's LA's all time rushing leader all ready surpassing Wilson cates (qb from 05 state champs). Manning is a very physically gifted Yaounde man with the gifts to go d1 but as far as solid, consistent running back who can turn it on in a hurry creed is head and soldiers above him. Then there's the o&d line, who have all started together since sophomore year which gives them the experience. These guys are working out every day after practice and it shows. Also Pulaski Reagan is very impressive. He's close to the all time leader in tackles. This senior class is special and could potentially send 9 or 10 guys to play college football. They've all drawn interest. This team can play with anybody in the state at any division, and behind Brock mccoin and his do it all mentality that seems to inspire his teammates, they could win state. And guys, do not say the 05 team is better. That team was 5-5 regular season. And then Wilson cates literally on his own won state. This team is the best team LA has ever had, and would beat the 05 team 9 out of 10 times. They just have to stay determined all season. Brock could be the best wildcat ever, maybe better then daddy

Guest Termite

Right before the half with 12 -15 seconds left, SC has the ball on the 2. SC has (I still think) a very good line and one of the best backs in this area. WE PASS THE BALL. I have no problem with 1 pass, but with time for 1 play, you got to get the ball in the best players hands. Kinda makes me believe someone didn't believe the big boys could get enough room for the power back to get 2 yards. SC scores there, gets the ball to open the second half, could have had LA hanging their heads instead to SC. May have been a different ball game, but who knows.

I watched, seemed like 4 hours worth, of LA's QB or RB getting the ball, STANDING in the backfield, SURVEYING the field for at least 3 seconds, pick a hole and go, No hurry, just wait till something opened up and go and rarely getting brought down on the first hit.

I have no doubt the whatever needs fixing will get fixed and I believe in the kids and the staff. Better to play a game like this now and make adjustments than towards the end, or at the end of the season.

I just want to post because I've stayed quit, and away from the trash talk. But this is LA's season. I've listened to people talk and hype up the Carter boys and Mr. Manning, and a transfer qb from Brentwood and bottom line this is a SPECIAL class that LA has. Brock could be the most dynamic and electrifying player in the state, he's got an arm like his daddy who went pro and the agilility and elesuvines of a scat back. Not sure if he will be a quarterback at the college level or a DB like his brother but regardless he is special. Creed Hayes is a solid fundamentally sound runner and when he has a full head of steam nobody will catch him, he's LA's all time rushing leader all ready surpassing Wilson cates (qb from 05 state champs). Manning is a very physically gifted Yaounde man with the gifts to go d1 but as far as solid, consistent running back who can turn it on in a hurry creed is head and soldiers above him. Then there's the o&d line, who have all started together since sophomore year which gives them the experience. These guys are working out every day after practice and it shows. Also Pulaski Reagan is very impressive. He's close to the all time leader in tackles. This senior class is special and could potentially send 9 or 10 guys to play college football. They've all drawn interest. This team can play with anybody in the state at any division, and behind Brock mccoin and his do it all mentality that seems to inspire his teammates, they could win state. And guys, do not say the 05 team is better. That team was 5-5 regular season. And then Wilson cates literally on his own won state. This team is the best team LA has ever had, and would beat the 05 team 9 out of 10 times. They just have to stay determined all season. Brock could be the best wildcat ever, maybe better then daddy

I guess all the Smith County posters are in bed by now. I'm thinking you are gonna get blasted pretty bad tomorrow!

I would bet from your comments that you never saw Danny throw a football in high school and never saw the 2005 team play but I hope you are right about this team. They are without a doubt much faster than the 2005 team with the exception of Cates.

First SC/LA game I've missed since the start of the streak, so obviously I didn't see the game. But anyone that didn't see LA having the capability (as they have in most years past) just isn't thinking clearly. Now the margin of the score is a bit surprising and from personal experience I would not want to be on that practice field next week. LA is a VERY talented team that ended a streak that shouldn't have lasted as long as it did quite honestly. They could do well the rest of the way if they continue to work and stay disciplined. SC on the other hand has not arrived yet from what I have seen and heard, but I feel they will if history proves me correct. And as one poster from the mountain has already alluded, the is no gimme games for SC at this point, now get back to work and play SC football.

Right before the half with 12 -15 seconds left, SC has the ball on the 2. SC has (I still think) a very good line and one of the best backs in this area. WE PASS THE BALL. I have no problem with 1 pass, but with time for 1 play, you got to get the ball in the best players hands. Kinda makes me believe someone didn't believe the big boys could get enough room for the power back to get 2 yards. SC scores there, gets the ball to open the second half, could have had LA hanging their heads instead to SC. May have been a different ball game, but who knows.

I watched, seemed like 4 hours worth, of LA's QB or RB getting the ball, STANDING in the backfield, SURVEYING the field for at least 3 seconds, pick a hole and go, No hurry, just wait till something opened up and go and rarely getting brought down on the first hit.

I have no doubt the whatever needs fixing will get fixed and I believe in the kids and the staff. Better to play a game like this now and make adjustments than towards the end, or at the end of the season.

Termite, dont be second guessing the great maynord on what kind of play to run or you'll cause all the players reading this stuff not to trust what your field general orders. As far as all that time the LA offense had, it seems to me that just shows how dominate the LA line must have been over your SC boys. Ive been hearing lots of folks in my neck of the woods claiming state champs for SC this seems to prove them wrong early.

The call came from the tower. I think the only second guessing is gonna be Coach Maynard on his OC. I'm with Termie here, let the big dog eat! Jalen right up the gut. If they stop it, they've beat our best shot. By throwing it, you're not playing to your strength. Still, we came out in the second half, ran the kickoff back, and then gave it all away. LA did as they pleased. Yea, it was over in the third quarter, all right. Lots of work to do, offense, defense, and coaching. Keep your heads up, boys! We'll be alright.

Guest Termite

Termite, dont be second guessing the great maynord on what kind of play to run or you'll cause all the players reading this stuff not to trust what your field general orders. As far as all that time the LA offense had, it seems to me that just shows how dominate the LA line must have been over your SC boys. Ive been hearing lots of folks in my neck of the woods claiming state champs for SC this seems to prove them wrong early.

Suprised more than 2nd guessing. Yelp, LA had our number, this time. Like I said, I have no doubt that this will be used as a learning tool, and sometimes, getting hit in the mouth ain't a bad thing. Second guessing? I don'tthink I've ever been to any sporting event where I didn't second guess things. Heck, I even do it in T-ball-checkers-horseshoes- or rock - paper -scissors.

Your neck of the woods?? Figures, Ya'll seem to get confused easily.icon_e_biggrin.gif