To the subject of Warren Co. FOOTBALL!

bulldog6565

Of all my years of covering pioneer sports as a teacher, this years parents (all sports) seem to be the worst at wearing the rose colored glasses when it comes to their kids. Parents today think they can evaluate their kids talent better than the coaches and everyone knows what offense and defense is best for their team. Parents today think their kid should be the star regardless of class or expierence and the team needs to revolve around their kid so when they tell their kid how great he or she is and what position they should be playing it only makes the kids question what the coach tells them. Nobody wants to be a team player anymore but they will complain if they don't get the ball thrown to them every play. i guess when you live in ME society it effects everything.

What a GREAT post!!! The parents are worried about little Johnny instead of the team. When it's about the team, and not their kid. Most parents that I know are like that are the ones who could not play themselves, and living through their children.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all my years of covering pioneer sports as a teacher, this years parents (all sports) seem to be the worst at wearing the rose colored glasses when it comes to their kids. Parents today think they can evaluate their kids talent better than the coaches and everyone knows what offense and defense is best for their team. Parents today think their kid should be the star regardless of class or expierence and the team needs to revolve around their kid so when they tell their kid how great he or she is and what position they should be playing it only makes the kids question what the coach tells them. Nobody wants to be a team player anymore but they will complain if they don't get the ball thrown to them every play. i guess when you live in ME society it effects everything.

WOW!!! What a great post. Unfortunately this applies to more than just Pioneer football. I'm sure "ALL" coaches and teachers see this every day.

I agree that parents should back off and allow coaches room to coach. There is a strong culture of losing in wc. there are numerous issues, demographics, economics etc. its gonna take a tireless coach and a complete committment to turn this thing around. i dont know this coach, but i dont see progress within the program. the fact that he moonlights as an arena coach during the spring tells me he is not 100% committed to his day job