2012 UTC Mocs

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate has been a UTC fan a long time and coach Huesman has done a great job in rebuilding the program to respectability. That said, the current QB situation that is developing is certainly going to result in folkes that don't agree. T Robinson performed great in his fill in last year for BJ Colemen who OP never really thought was that great to begin with. Jr Huesman came to play for daddy and is reportedly a great athlete. However the "Daddy Ball" label has already surfaced as all knew it would. Obviously the fans know very little about the inner workings of the team but it was no surprise T Rob got less playing time & will eventually get switched to another position. Remember Coach Huesman has a skillet slinger to report to and Jr is her baby! Old Pirate just feels that the father-son relationship is going to cause a huge controversy and become a distraction to an improving program. Look for the position change soon & a transfer to follow.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate ain't surprised at the events that took place yesterday. An article in the local paper stated the UTC coaches had NO idea of any potential problem! HELLO..............where have they had their heads? The common fan could see and even predicted the forthcoming problem with "Daddy Ball" as many discribe the situation. With T Rob obviously playing great as a backup last year and Jr not having any game experience how this could happen. #1 Question here is....would the redshirt freshman with no experience played more than the Co-Freshman of the year if he had Not been Daddy's boy?

Old Pirate ain't surprised at the events that took place yesterday. An article in the local paper stated the UTC coaches had NO idea of any potential problem! HELLO..............where have they had their heads? The common fan could see and even predicted the forthcoming problem with "Daddy Ball" as many discribe the situation. With T Rob obviously playing great as a backup last year and Jr not having any game experience how this could happen. #1 Question here is....would the redshirt freshman with no experience played more than the Co-Freshman of the year if he had Not been Daddy's boy?

Ive read this thread on here and also on the high school football forum. Its quite evident who is posting the messages. Its understandable for the South Pitt folks to support one of their own but the posts are extremley misguided. I am a huge sports fan and travel the state regularly with my job. I try and watch the best games possible wherever I end up each week. I have only seen Trob play 3 times and Huesmann a few more than that but that was enough to say without a doubt you people bashing Utc decesion have absolutley no clue. Jacob Huessmann is the best athlete I have seen in the state of Tennessee. Has it ever dawned on you people that maybe he is just better? Basically everyone I know who has seen him play feels the same way. We were actually shocked he chose Utc as he could have played at much larger schools and had he wanted to switch to safety he could potentially play in the nfl one day. He has that kind of athleticism. Everything that Trob accomplished in high school Huessmann did also but in a much tougher division. While I love small town football and the pasion of the fans its not even comparable. DivIi is like small college football. you have 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a,6a and div II. See how far apast 1a and divII are on that liost? jacob didnt play against Grundy, whitwell, marion County, ectt.. Huessmann played against kids now playing for Michigan, virginia tech, stanford, Tennessee, vanderbilt, ole miss, and on and on. South Pitt plays in the weakest division in Tennessee by far and its not even close. Heck they gave up how many points to signal mtn when trob was there? I watched that same signal team scrimmage Baylor and were blown off the field in the varsity competetion. The qb for signal that killed s pitt was a third string qb at Baylor. Now take into consideration all the practices and scrimmages, Fom what I read Huessmann was better in those as well. I know a couple of players on the current Utc team and they said without a doubt Huessmann is the real deal and in no way should Trob start over him. They said their was only a few players who felt he should start over Huessmann. None of this is a knock on Trob as he is a very gifted athlete and should be on the field somewhere but Huessmann is just better. He has played against much better competetion his whole life, He is incredibly smart, he is faster thanh trob, his arm strength is just as good if not better, his mechanics, throwing motion, foot work are much better, so how should trob start over him? What if Huessmann wasnt the coaches son? What would your argument be then? It appears Huessmann had a heck of a game saturday. Where are the S Pitt fans now?

Edited by 411

• 2 weeks later...