Prayer Ban at UTC worries Students. Same ban instituted at UTKnoxville

PHargis

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This country was founded by Christian forefathers. It is no accident that our money says "In God we trust".

These people will eventually want that removed, as well. Congress opens with prayer. They want that banned, too.

We know where this all originates, as the following passage says.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

ChargerFan I completely agree....all these extremist factions/groups have to be stood up to by Chiristians of all faiths to stand firm once and for all ..it will only get worse as the generation passes away...very sad..breaks my heart..we must reach our middle age, and youth with Christ Good News of salvation for all whom will believe in Him.

Edited by DHSFB64

What does the bible say?

But you, when you pray, enter into your closet and lock your door, and pray to your father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you in public. Matthew 6:6

What does it NOT say?

Use religion as a partisan politcal ploy.

What else does it NOT say?

Make a spectacle out of religion at a football game.

It also doesn't say:

Watch the unfair and unbalanced news report to be talked into thinking you're persecuted when you're certainly not.

In 2006 the Supreme Court rejected overturning the existing restrictions on religious worship at public schools. The justices left in place a federal appeals court ruling.

This is NOT about religion anyway. It's about religious (political) militancy and goes against what the bible says about prayer. The more romney gets behind in the polls, the more instances of controvery over things such as homophobic chicken sandwich fast-food, people holding church service at publically funded school's ball games, etc. we will hear about. White male protestants are the least discriminated group in the history of America. Why the martyr complex? Too much right-wing talk radio telling you how "persecuted" you are? That must be it.

I can agree with one thing. Its not particularly about religion. Maybe its about regulation that keeps someone from doing what they might think is right. Another thing we can agree on i bet, allowing someone to pray means that everyone might have the same thought regardless of the religion and then how would that be handled. Yes, it would be difficult. Are you saying that IN God We TRUST is wrong on currency? How about Senate and House praying? The unusual thing is this country was built on religious freedom and now it is being disassembled brick by brick. There will be a hard time doing it I would think.

I can agree with one thing. Its not particularly about religion. Maybe its about regulation that keeps someone from doing what they might think is right. Another thing we can agree on i bet, allowing someone to pray means that everyone might have the same thought regardless of the religion and then how would that be handled. Yes, it would be difficult. Are you saying that IN God We TRUST is wrong on currency? How about Senate and House praying? The unusual thing is this country was built on religious freedom and now it is being disassembled brick by brick. There will be a hard time doing it I would think.

The key thing to me is that prayer in schools (for example) was fine from 1776 until the 1980's or 1990's, whenever the Supreme Court banned it. All of this country accepted the concept of God being included in public ceremonies and public places. The "One nation, under God" part of the Pledge of Allegiance was added in the 1950's, so our country was still good with it then.

So, after 200 years of allowing prayers and religious symbols like Nativity Scenes and the Ten Commandments, do I think that we have suddenly gotten smarter and learned to ban stuff that should not have been occurring?

No, I believe that we have been corrupted by insidious influences that masquerade as offering "freedom". Satan has always been a liar and he loves this modern era with the "anything goes" (except religion) concept.

I believe that the founding fathers were smarter than we are today and that 200 years of history should not be overturned by modern liberal thinking.