Baylor vs mccallie

reddad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does not really matter from where they came...for either school. They are at McCallie and the B School now.

I am looking forward to the matchup this year more than the past few years.

Potter at BA may not have worked out, but he is home at McCallie and comfortable. That makes a world of difference. The team has improved dramatically this year...hope it is enough.

Great game - no injuries - Blue W!

Raph is at home and everything is getting the way it used to be! If I remember correctly it was 12 in a row that the Big Blue won with Raph in this series! I pray that the game is played without any injuries to either team and it will be a well officiated game. Which ever team wins they may have to see each other again in the playoffs! I know that this game will help each team to get better for the rest of the season. Good luck to both teams the rest of the regular season. But I am going to have to be cheering for the Big Blue and Blue Mom! She is my kind of Mom!

No way Porter and Clements compare to Toliver, Trotter, and Usman. Also, Potter is by far the most decorated coach in Chattanooga...Hands down!

And I just find it bizarre that Huesman and Ollerich graduate and Baylor feels they have to bring in a new QB from OUT OF THE COUNTRY...not to mention the BRAZILIAN kickers! McCallie does it with ordinary Chatt-town kids... the way it should be!

BlueMom- Amen baby!

Well well.... We are off this week can't wait to come to this game. I am in a tough place know kids and players from both schools. This is truly a Chattanooga gem "Baylor vs. McCallie" But TruBlu2 really!!! Going to call you out dog, McCCallie does it with ordinary Chatt-Town kids. Oh is that just football? So a kid that pays his way to one of your schools and boards can't play football? McCallie and Baylor are frugal with there money to go sign a kid to kick! Now "decorated coach in Chattanooga...Hands down!" Is that just in the city limits? So Pitt coach is pretty good, Signal guy is pretty good, coach and Ringgold is pretty good. Potter has what 1 State championship, heck man So Pitt has God knows how many, Signal has one, the guy from Ringgold has 2 from different states. Potter is good, but not hands down the best. Potter alone coming back an't going to get you a gold ball, it's going to take some time........ and some 8th grade pick ups if you know what I mean! But you got one heck of a rowing team.icon_mrgreen.gif

Aww. I may have to start a blue mom section! Of course no cookie recipes, hair dresser recommendations or clothes! However, if you need to talk football and cheer for the blue come on by!

Nice to see you back, Bluemom. I officiated at the McCallie-Ryan 9th grade game and stuck around for the varsity game. For what it's worth, McCallie handled Ryan pretty easily at the varsity level.

Not sure when a coach feels comfortable whether that's a good thing or not. I think it's creates mediocracy.

When Potter was at McCallie before it was a good fit for both the coach and the school - comfortable is a word I use to describe the relationship. And his teams were hardly mediocre, so I really do not understand your point. Care to elaborate and have a decent discussion?

I think the McCallie head coaching job is Potter's for as long as he wants to coach there. The Potter name has been associated with McCallie for a long time. His coaching record there and at BA indicates a winning percentage of .666. Sort of mediocre. Years 2000 and 2006 were good years with a state championship. Again IMO, Potter and the football program will be comfortable with winning 2 out of 3 games for the foreseeable future. At BA the expectation was different, which became an uncomfortable situation and thus a change in coaches.

I think the McCallie head coaching job is Potter's for as long as he wants to coach there. The Potter name has been associated with McCallie for a long time. His coaching record there and at BA indicates a winning percentage of .666. Sort of mediocre. Years 2000 and 2006 were good years with a state championship. Again IMO, Potter and the football program will be comfortable with winning 2 out of 3 games for the foreseeable future. At BA the expectation was different, which became an uncomfortable situation and thus a change in coaches.

Coach Potter's exit from BA had nothing to do with wins/losses. He would still be there if he had not alienated his coaching staff. Coach knows his football to be sure, McCallie will return to their prior level. However, his relationship with his coaching staff had become toxic, and when things came to a head he was an outsider without any allies.

Coach Potter's exit from BA had nothing to do with wins/losses. He would still be there if he had not alienated his coaching staff. Coach knows his football to be sure, McCallie will return to their prior level. However, his relationship with his coaching staff had become toxic, and when things came to a head he was an outsider without any allies.

His relationship with coaches, players and parents became uncomfortable at BA for many reasons. That will not happen at McCallie. Thus the reason he left. It's a more comfortable coaching job with the expectations for state championships less than at BA. He has been successful at McCallie and he will be in the future.

Baylor 28

McCallie 17