Baylor vs mccallie

reddad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Mccallie was the better team on the o line and d line. Their offense was fun to watch and giving Baylor fits. You run the risk of fumbles with the option and that's what cost them. I think Baylor has more big play potential and could pass all over the place if they had more time. This game would be a toss up everytime they play.

Potter is a great coach (The best I've seen), his mistake was you can rarely replace a legend like Carlton Flatt and match his success, ask all the coaches that followed Bear Bryant. BA will not be happy with any coach for some time. You have to understand that McCallie has military school roots and its still lingers there which fits his style, BA is more liberal not fitting his coaching style as much.

I dissagree, Ensworth has had the best talent the last few years in state of TN. Few give credit to their great OL. they are fun to watch. They rarely miss blocks and they man up with anyone.

Baylor has had more talent than BA in my opinion. Most of BA's success was prior to Ensworth program which few account for this fact.

Finally, ESPNU is crazy for not carry this game on their HS network. It is a true gem and one of the best in the country.

Turnovers will decide the game.

McCallie wins 21-20. Don't miss it.

You hit the nail on the head about turnovers and your score was really close 26-28. You did a good job in predicting this game. I can not wait til they meet again in the playoff. McCallie's mistakes is correctable. They correct mistakes next time they win!

*!#*#!@* this one hurts.....I really hope McCallie meets up with the B school in the playoffs.....have a good feeling about a rematch.

They both will qualify for the TSSAA playoffs.....which is be a member, be in the DII AA classification and have at least 11 players show up for the playoff game. Pretty simple, maybe Blue and Red will meet then after obtaining such a honor of qualifying. Not putting down either team just the playoff process for DII AA.

Shakinthefat-I agree 100% on playoff opinion. Even if they just jumped straight to the semi-finals I would be alright with it as long as it meant there was a qualifying process. O well, thats the T$$AA for you. Anywho, as a red guy I really hope they dont have to see blue again in the playoffs. Fortunetly, the odds of that happening are so slim. Both teams will beat and lose to the same ones throughout the regular season DII schedule. Both have beaten Ryan, both have lost or will lose to BA, MBA, and Ensworth. One will travel to memphis the first round, the other to Nashville. They'd be on opposite sides of the bracket and wouldnt see each other until Cookeville. Which is a dream for both schools this year.

I agree with your playoff thoughts, I also think at a minimum they should seed d2AA 1-12 it is a joke that two teams in the west get a bye most years they dont deserve two byes.

also if things go as you say baylor and mccallie would both host in the first round and then travel in the second round.

all it would really take is for bga to upset mccallie and if everything else went as it should baylor would be 4 seed and mccallie 6 and they would meet at baylor in first round.

I belive because the teams and coaches in DII are so good and really improve as the season goes along I like them all getting in the playoff. It gives teams a change to lose a tough one like friday night and still be motiviated to improve and still have a shot at winning the state. It really makes for two seasons. Regular season and then the playoff season. I believe that the team that comes through both seasons and wins the Championship game is truely earned it and deserves it!

I agree with your playoff thoughts, I also think at a minimum they should seed d2AA 1-12 it is a joke that two teams in the west get a bye most years they dont deserve two byes.

also if things go as you say baylor and mccallie would both host in the first round and then travel in the second round.

all it would really take is for bga to upset mccallie and if everything else went as it should baylor would be 4 seed and mccallie 6 and they would meet at baylor in first round.

Ah thats right. For red, the last 3 first round opponents have either been bye's or lesser teams so I must have overlooked that. Thanks for pointing that out. Either way, looks like there are some great games to look forward to down the stretch