Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

Not to beat a dead horse but BA beat Father Ryan 45-7 last night. It keeps looking worse and worse for Bruce. And this week some very important people (I.E. Jim Carrell) went to go see the Jim McIntyre the President of Father Ryan demanding a coaching change. And when the man that donated a stadium and new athletic complex wants a new coach you can bet that Father Ryan will listen.

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear". Until Ryan starts getting more silk purses you aren't going to excel, who or how you get these purses I don't know. But it would seem that more people need to be involved than just the head coach. Doesn't matter who the head coach is he can't do it all. Maybe you could bring in Lou Holtz, probably wouldn't make any difference if policies don't change. Just saying.

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear". Until Ryan starts getting more silk purses you aren't going to excel, who or how you get these purses I don't know. But it would seem that more people need to be involved than just the head coach. Doesn't matter who the head coach is he can't do it all. Maybe you could bring in Lou Holtz, probably wouldn't make any difference if policies don't change. Just saying.

I don't understand what you mean here, that Bruce's loving coaching and inspiration aren't the problem? Don't sit there and tell me that TFI lacks athletes. High school football is not supposed to be who has the biggest fastest guys, but who has the most desire and will. It should require a coach who knows about his players and develops them as people, not operates them like a business. I bet Bruce doesn't even know the names of half of his players parents, or care what his athletes did this weekend. If you don't believe me, send your kid to Ryan. He'll grow to hate the sport I guarantee it. A high school coach should be a father figure, not a boss.

Turning football players into silk purses? I understand what you're going for, but that metaphor makes me chuckle.

Bruce Lussier's employment at Father Ryan was a monumental milestone for the that athletic department because it finally opened the proverbial door for the head coaching position to an outsider, with little or no connections to that community. This was a profound event because it allows an objective person to walk into a program, that most would agree has been in a constant trend of decline relative to its history for the past decade, and make decisions without the purple goggles blurring the coach's vision. That said Lussier has failed to improve the plight of the program while allotting himself to mediocre results posted annually by team that seems to be constantly out coached and under prepared. Father Ryan's new athletic facility lends the administration a considerable tool in which to utilize for the recruitment of a new coach. The possibilities are potentially endless, there could and should be a regional search for a coach! In my own opinion I would stay closer to home, what is Jeff Rutledge doing?

• 1 month later...

I would also like to note that we will be going all across town, up to an hour away to steal players from other schools. We also will be going into impoverished areas in order to get the best athletes and offer them "a chance for a better academic challenge". Hopefully we dont step on Ensworth and BA's toes.

Ryan can compete in all sports except football. Things will not change for Ryan unless the administration decides that it is important for Ryan to be able to compete in DII. And unless this change is made at the top, it does not matter who the Coach is - Ryan cannot compete with MBA, Ensworth or Brentwood Academy. Having a weak football program has really hurt the school. It is unfortunate that the administration continues to accept this embarrassment. It is not the fault of other schools that have for a long time realized that a competitive football program is very, very important for the success of the school.

Bruce Lussier's employment at Father Ryan was a monumental milestone for the that athletic department because it finally opened the proverbial door for the head coaching position to an outsider, with little or no connections to that community. This was a profound event because it allows an objective person to walk into a program, that most would agree has been in a constant trend of decline relative to its history for the past decade, and make decisions without the purple goggles blurring the coach's vision. That said Lussier has failed to improve the plight of the program while allotting himself to mediocre results posted annually by team that seems to be constantly out coached and under prepared. Father Ryan's new athletic facility lends the administration a considerable tool in which to utilize for the recruitment of a new coach. The possibilities are potentially endless, there could and should be a regional search for a coach! In my own opinion I would stay closer to home, what is Jeff Rutledge doing?

In Hoc,

Then I guess the Hireing of Tom Fivash who was not a Father Ryan Guy meant nothing. Learn your history 1st. Father Ryan is a Storied institution. That has been ruined by a weak Administration and a poor Board of Directors. Add to it people who give money to the school do not know what he heck they are doing and call themselves athletic experts.

If you ask me. There are 2 maybe 3 people that can straighten the mess created by 20 years of poor management.

President: Boots Donnelly. He is old school. and will do what is best for the school and Catholic education.

Principle: Frank Simpson, A great leader of Men. A Strong Catholic in Faith and a believer that all should be given the chance to be educated reguardless of financial status in the area.

Athletic Director, Kurt Page, There is no one better than him at self promoting. He did a fine job at BGA, Father Ryan (when he had the chance) and FRA.

Head Football Coach: Danny Francescon, He can recruit, coach aLL 3 levels of the football field( Offense, Defense and special Teams)