Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

Losing to Overton is a sign of bad coaching if you ask me. Athletically Overton is a little better year in and year out but Father Ryan generally outworks and out coaches them. I guarantee you can ask any kid over at Ryan who isn't a recruit what they think of Bruce and they'll all have the same response. "I don't wanna play for that man." His time should be numbered if Father Ryan wants to stop being the laughing stock of d2 football and get back to competing with the rest of the league. You can't be a good coach and not trust your players.

• Upvote 1

I did the research for you.  Father Ryan is 4-3 against Overton in the last seven years.  Of the four wins, all were by at least 10 points and one was a 38-0 win.  Typically, this indicates better athletes.  Of the three Overton wins, all were under 10 points.  Typically, this would indicate that it was a good game that came down to one or two plays.  I guess maybe you should ask Thomas McPhail who is the better coach since he has worked with both of them.  Or maybe you should ask some coaches who is better since they would have to coach against each of them. 

I like Lussier as a person and coach.  Father Ryan has not been the same since the opening of CPA, JPII, and Ensworth.  You would have to go back a ways to find a really successful FR coach.

Father Ryan stuck it to BGA tonight. Bruce called out his defense this week and they held BGA to less than 200 yards of offense and forced several turnovers. I'll say it again - this team looks different than the Ryan teams the last few years. Whether Bruce gets the credit or his coaches or the seniors, it doesn't really matter. They look better.